Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's essentially been Ware's whole career, so that doesn't cut it for me. Something is up with him. That's a horrendous drop off from last year with the same personnel. I hope he shakes out of it for the sake of my fantasy team, that's for sure. LOL.
He's had Parcells, Wade Phillips and Rob Ryan as his defensive coordinators. Your argument is invalid.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see David Wilson get some looks vs the 49ers though. Having him in the backfield could keep those ILBs a little more honest in pass coverage. They won't drop back so deep if they have to account for Wilson coming out of the backfield.

Could open up some passing lanes. I know it won't happen, but it would be a good idea if they trust him enough to put him in that role.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I would like to see David Wilson get some looks vs the 49ers though. Having him in the backfield could keep those ILBs a little more honest in pass coverage. They won't drop back so deep if they have to account for Wilson coming out of the backfield.

Could open up some passing lanes. I know it won't happen, but it would be a good idea if they trust him enough to put him in that role.
Psh, make adjustments based on your opponent? You know that's too much to ask for Gilbride.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Psh, make adjustments based on your opponent? You know that's too much to ask for Gilbride.
I've actually learned to like Gilbride a lot. I don't always agree with him, but it's not easy being a playcaller on offense. It's not always gonna work.

But he's actually one of the best in the business at dissecting defensive tendencies from his script, and I think him and Eli have an understanding now that's pretty solid.

He's not the problem.

It's Perry Fewell. That turd is the problem.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I've actually learned to like Gilbride a lot. I don't always agree with him, but it's not easy being a playcaller on offense. It's not always gonna work.

But he's actually one of the best in the business at dissecting defensive tendencies from his script, and I think him and Eli have an understanding now that's pretty solid.

He's not the problem.

It's Perry Fewell. That turd is the problem.
I'm just messing around. I still hate Gilbride because of his archaic offensive system and his situational play calling at times is dumb and predictable.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forenci DOES hate Gilbride's system, even though when it's on, it's nearly unstoppable. Wonder if Randle can grasp it. He wasn't asked to do that when he played, he just had routes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm just messing around. I still hate Gilbride because of his archaic offensive system and his situational play calling at times is dumb and predictable.
I just wish we never lost Spagnuolo. Hopefully Fewell gets a HC job after this season and we can find a replacement.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
forenci DOES hate Gilbride's system, even though when it's on, it's nearly unstoppable. Wonder if Randle can grasp it. He wasn't asked to do that when he played, he just had routes.
And he looked amazing in a regular system. Which makes me wonder how good our offense could be in a simpler scheme, but at the same time, when you understand the scheme, you learn to appreciate it.

Bc the options gives us a chance vs any defense. And it makes the slot WR an unstoppable weapon if you have the right talent to fit in there.

I think Randle will eventually pick it up, but it's gonna take time. This is an offense that typically takes a good 2 years to master if you're lucky.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've had the highest offensive output yardage wise the last 4 games ever in Giants history. Hard to argue against that. The defense will come together when everyone is back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We've had the highest offensive output yardage wise the last 4 games ever in Giants history. Hard to argue against that. The defense will come together when everyone is back.
Without arguably our best offensive skill player.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We won't do that. Their 5 DL vs our 5 OL 1 on 1 is a disaster.

Plus, they won't take Bow and Willis off the field. They run their nickel with zone coverage vs any front because those 2 are so fast they can cover the middle of hte field by themselves.

Look at what they did to the Packers. They'll do the same to our 5 WR set.
I can't tell you how far from the truth that is. Looking at the film I saw the 49ers line up with 2 LB's and 3 DL or 2 DL and 3 LB's with 6 DB's with 3 wide 1 TE (Jermichael Finley) Packers sets.

On 5 wide sets the 49ers had 2 LB's and 3 DL w/ 6 DB's mostly, Aldon Smith was not always on the field but in down position.

On 4 wide sets with 1 TE the 49ers had 3 DL and 2 LB's mostly and Aldon Smith again was not always on the field but in down position.

So Idk where you are getting the 5 DL from. This also kept San Fran from being able to disguise blitzes well, which is always a positive. I also saw that they were willing to put Culliver on Jordy Nelson, and Culliver did play well, but if they pull that with Hakeem I would be salivating. Rodgers in the slot, and they matched up safeties in man coverage often.

Even saying our Line would get eaten up with 3 DL is pushing it because GB's OL has been worse by a lot this year. Our 5 OL versus their 3 DL and maybe one blitzing linebacker allows us to double Justin Smith, slide the pocket away from Smith and have comfortable protection IMO.

Quote:

This i could see with 4 WR sets or 3 WR sets and 1 TE, but we need to do our best schematically to limit what the 49ers can do on defense with the 4 players on their D that are all pros (Justin and Aldon Smith, Bowman, and Willis)

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I can't tell you how far from the truth that is. Looking at the film I saw the 49ers line up with 2 LB's and 3 DL or 2 DL and 3 LB's with 6 DB's with 3 wide 1 TE (Jermichael Finley) Packers sets.

On 5 wide sets the 49ers had 2 LB's and 3 DL w/ 6 DB's mostly, Aldon Smith was not always on the field but in down position.

On 4 wide sets with 1 TE the 49ers had 3 DL and 2 LB's mostly and Aldon Smith again was not always on the field but in down position.

So Idk where you are getting the 5 DL from. This also kept San Fran from being able to disguise blitzes well, which is always a positive. I also saw that they were willing to put Culliver on Jordy Nelson, and Culliver did play well, but if they pull that with Hakeem I would be salivating. Rodgers in the slot, and they matched up safeties in man coverage often.

Even saying our Line would get eaten up with 3 DL is pushing it because GB's OL has been worse by a lot this year. Our 5 OL versus their 3 DL and maybe one blitzing linebacker allows us to double Justin Smith, slide the pocket away from Smith and have comfortable protection IMO.

This i could see with 4 WR sets or 3 WR sets and 1 TE, but we need to do our best schematically to limit what the 49ers can do on defense with the 4 players on their D that are all pros (Justin and Aldon Smith, Bowman, and Willis)
Hmmm. That's interesting. What kind of coverage shells were they running?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys had your choice who would you replace Fewell with?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Tough to say right now. I don't know who's available. Plus we don't know enough about the positional coaches around the league to make an accurate guess.

Most of the popular guys are head coaching candidates. So we'd have to grab a positional coach who most of us don't know about.

If Rex Ryan gets fired I'd walk on hot coals to have him as our DC.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably Zimmer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spags, Zimmer, Rex, Nolan and then Greg Williams/Wade would be more top 5 in order.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Johnson.

Yes you are reading this right I would rather take my chances in resurrecting the dead then having Perry Fewell as my D coordinator lol.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

As always our schedule looks so much easier now. Balls in our court.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Probably Zimmer.
Oooh now THAT would be a sick hire!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Zimmer leave for anything less than a HC job? Even if they struggle I don't see the Bengals letting him go.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 10-12-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Why would Zimmer leave for anything less than a HC job? Even if they struggle I don't see the Bengals letting him go.
Because D asked us who we would want, not who we would get. Realistically we'd hire some mediocre soft zone guy that Coughlin would be too loyal towards.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

promote Jessie Armstead. Boom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like everyone should be a go for Sunday except for Phillips, Bernard, and Brown. The Bernard injury kills us a bit with their run game though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-12-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate that our bye is so late.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So we're only dressing 2 healthy DTs?