Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course you can eat bread without getting fat if you're smart about it, but it requires a lot. Humans are genetically programmed to go after sweet foods, fat foods and salt. So when you eat bread and your body turns it into sugar, which then goes to your brain, your brain wants more bread. It's really simple chemistry. However, bread and rice have become the primary sources of energy for the last few thousand years and you're considered as an extremist if you don't want to eat it. Stoneage food isn't a diet as much as it's a way of life. It's how we're supposed to eat. You can't really argue that eating anything other than what we're supposed to eat is a smart choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like wheat bread.

/contribution
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You would be substantially healthier, but not only because you get more exercise. Removing carbs from your diet would also help a lot. Either way, I don't think it's a specious argument. It is possible and quite easy to eat what we used to eat. We don't even have to go forage our selves.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to post in here much, so that's why you haven't heard from me. I'm not anti carb though. I'm just anti high carb meals anytime other than post workout. When I say protein/fat meals should make up the majority of what you eat, it's just that, a majority. I eat plenty of greens and veggies throughout the day. A salad with olive oil and chicken is still a protein/fat meal.

As for fruits and grains of any kind, they are only beneficial post workout although berries and other low sugar fruits are fine at pretty much any time.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tortillas and bread ftmfw!! Idgaf what great^1000 grandpa R4L ate or did to get his food. I'm never giving up my PBnJ sandwhiches or tacos, pupusas, tamales, and burritos.

Hispanics:

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 10-11-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MY diet is basically to just be reasonable but also flexible. I still snack and eat unhealthy stuff, but everything in moderation. I try to snack on hummus and healthish multigran chips. I am crazily skinny at 6'2 175 after losing 40 pounds last year with more exercise, cutting out sugary beverages, and just using moderation overall.

Id love some tips on types of food that are good for energy before intense phisical activity and for recovery afterwards though because i think i do a pretty terrible job on my own. The only thing i do for recovery is drinking some chocolate milk and before i just try to eat some of this and that.

Oh yeah and I eat bread and rice like a ******* maniac.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'm not going to post in here much, so that's why you haven't heard from me.

Srs. I would like to avoid having my head explode. Everyone just don't listen to Forenci and you should be fine.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been eating the hell out of coconut in recent months. Coconut oil for cooking, coconut milk for coffee creamer and desserts, coconut water as a sports drink. Lots of saturated fat in coconut, but it's not stopping me from losing weight.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not going to post in here much, so that's why you haven't heard from me. I'm not anti carb though. I'm just anti high carb meals anytime other than post workout. When I say protein/fat meals should make up the majority of what you eat, it's just that, a majority. I eat plenty of greens and veggies throughout the day. A salad with olive oil and chicken is still a protein/fat meal.

Why won't you post much here? We're just some bros talkin' about food.

As for fruits and grains of any kind, they are only beneficial post workout although berries and other low sugar fruits are fine at pretty much any time.
I'll disagree to a certain extent. I'd wager the health benefits that many fruits/berries/etc. offer would outweigh some of the negative effects that their sugar might cause.

I mean, sure, if you're insane and drink a massive glass of juice (particularly with added sugar) it's not going to do you any favors, but the health benefits of many fruits is far worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Srs. I would like to avoid having my head explode. Everyone just don't listen to Forenci and you should be fine.
Thanks for being a general prick as usual. If you don't want to contribute, why post in the thread? Are you a nutrition major or something? I'd love to know where you get all your expert information from.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
One every day bruh.

Don't joke about stuff like that...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...ilestone_n.htm
Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

Thanks for being a general prick as usual. If you don't want to contribute, why post in the thread? Are you a nutrition major or something? I'd love to know where you get all your expert information from.

You said you were surprised I hadn't contributed. I decided to shed a little bit of light on the situation. In addition, I decided to provide a general warning for others.

And I get all of my "expert information" from well, experts, documented studies, and a sprinkle of personal experience. We can't all be broscientists Forenci.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
One every day bruh.

:-( I haven't gotten one of these in years... I hate the lack of In-N-Out restaurants in the Northwest.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
You said you were surprised I hadn't contributed. I decided to shed a little bit of light on the situation. In addition, I decided to provide a general warning for others.

And I get all of my "expert information" from well, experts, documented studies, and a sprinkle of personal experience. We can't all be broscientists Forenci.
I mean, you didn't shed light on much. Just that this thread would make your head explode. I'm not sure if that's because you think we're all wrong or your knowledge is above us, but it didn't shed much light on anything. Nor was I beckoning you to post, just mentioning that a vaunted expert like yourself hadn't put their opinion into the fray.

I wasn't claiming such you needed to major in chemistry, nutrition, or any other form of science to have knowledge on the topic. I figured you were getting it from studies or experts. I come from the view that most "well documented studies" are not done on a wide enough scale to really discern anything. It's not a complaint about nutrition studies specifically, but just of many studies today.

You're welcome to offer your opinion. I assumed people such as yourself would enjoy a thread like this. I might disagree with some of your opinions, but I certainly wouldn't lament them or call them wrong.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You sound mad bro

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll disagree to a certain extent. I'd wager the health benefits that many fruits/berries/etc. offer would outweigh some of the negative effects that their sugar might cause.

I mean, sure, if you're insane and drink a massive glass of juice (particularly with added sugar) it's not going to do you any favors, but the health benefits of many fruits is far worth it.
I said berries are fine throughout the day and that other fruits are totally fine, actually encouraged, post workout. Fruit/sugar/grains are just not the ideal choice for most people unless it's pwo and that's just the truth. If you want the "benefits" of fruits during non pwo meals, I can easily duplicate that with some benefiber, a multi and a greens shake without all the added sugar.

Maybe you are one of the few people that react fine to carbs, but for most people, what I'm suggesting is the best way to go about structuring an eating plan.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
again, "removing carbs" is meaningless. so you're removing all vegetables? fruit is bad? no? then let's stop with the inane 'no carbs evar' crap. because it's just not remotely true.
I think something might have got lost in translation on my part. You can't have too many vegetables. I'm anti starch and sugar, that's what I mean when I say carbs. It's the easy carbs that has adverse effects on a body.

Quote:
Old 10-12-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Razor, I just want to comment on your whole stoneage thing...and evolving. If we still lived liked our stoneage counter parts, we wouldn't live past 40, and wouldn't be taller than 5'. The course of time we have gotten bigger 'evolved' because of our change in diet. Now we are on a downward trend cause people eat so much fast food, but at one point and time we were doing pretty good.

Same time fast food explodes, so does people pumping hormones and roids into their animals, vegs, and fruits.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I said berries are fine throughout the day and that other fruits are totally fine, actually encouraged, post workout. Fruit/sugar/grains are just not the ideal choice for most people unless it's pwo and that's just the truth. If you want the "benefits" of fruits during non pwo meals, I can easily duplicate that with some benefiber, a multi and a greens shake without all the added sugar.

Maybe you are one of the few people that react fine to carbs, but for most people, what I'm suggesting is the best way to go about structuring an eating plan.
See, and I don't have a problem with that. Despite what ATL thinks, I like to see opinions like yours. It gives me things to think about and implement into my own diet. I may disagree with some of it, but it doesn't mean it's not valid.

And damn it, going without sugar is tough. It's gotten better since the first month though.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i had like 15 chicken fingers for dinner at the dining hall, that's nutritious, right? #protein
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i had like 15 chicken fingers for dinner at the dining hall, that's nutritious, right? #protein
Should have had a box of Velveeta shells with that. 40 grams, breh.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
You still eat at the dining hall? Do you still live on campus? There's nothing more I hated than dining hall food. Most people gain the freshman 15, but I lost 15 pounds my first semester because there wasn't **** to eat on campus and I was too poor to go off campus for food at the time.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The on-campus food always gave me explosive diarrhea. I swear they kegged that stuff with exlax.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
The on-campus food always gave me explosive diarrhea. I swear they kegged that stuff with exlax.
I don't know if it's true, but there were always rumors at my school they put chemicals in the food to make you feel full so you ate less of it.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if it's true, but there were always rumors at my school they put chemicals in the food to make you feel full so you ate less of it.
If this chemical existed it would be sold as a dietary supplement to spray on food in the real world.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever heard of carb backloading? I have been doing it with great success but my roommate thinks im on a fast track to diabetes.