Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
This is usually the case with Jets and Patriots draft picks.
Craziest thing is our best rookie of 2012 thus far might be Damon Harrison who was undrafted out of William Penn and I think is pegged to start vs the Colts with Pouha being doubtful and Kenrick Ellis being out for over a month. Harrison had a pretty nice few plays vs HOU a good blocking team even though it was at that point Foster didn't try and just wanted to eat up clock.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After giving the Jets draft class a load of crap the past few weeks, we had a really good showing by our rookies vs Indy

DE Quentin Coples was applying pressure on Luck all day....and got his 1st career sack on an Int. Grounding call. His lone blemish was a 15 yard facemask when it was clear Luck was going to be put on the ground by he and Scott without that. His best game by far.

WR Stephen Hill after a few DNPs, had himself a TD and was doing a sensational job with outside blocking which was something a lot of people loved in his time at Ga Tech. Like our QB Sanchez, the passing game was not called upon today since our running attack was killing the Colts defense so he had himself a very nice day in return.

LB Demario Davis played more so late in the game but he had a fumble recovery to end the game and while it was a meaningless game at that point, its those little types of things that could add to one's confidence. Nothing crazy or to get excited about but in the role he has right now, he's doing okay.

S Josh Bush came close to a fumble recovery on special teams but the runner was down. He's quickly becoming a pretty valuable special teams player which is more than fine out of a late 6th rounder.

S Antonio Allen our 7th round pick got added from the practice squad and had a very nice day. Logged in his 1st sack and did it before Coples so there was a point and time where I was about to say that one of the final picks of the draft got a sack before one of the more heralded DEs in the game but Coples got his own. He was apart of an iffy call on pass int. which I thought should not have been called since he had his head back but alas.

DT Damon Harrison was apart of a stellar run defense that had its way vs Vick Ballard and while he did not start, he provided some much needed rest and snaps off the bench.

Last edited by Thecollegedropout : 10-15-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Gordon is making week-to-week improvements, he shows at times that he gives up on routes when the play looks busted rather than attempting to bail Weeden out. Through 6 games, he's got 12 catches, 274 yds, 3 TDs.

Mitchell Schwartz is another guy making week-to-week improvement, he handled JPP when up against him last week and held his ground this week.

Trent is day-to-day with a rib cartilage issue - not serious

Weeden is Weeden - I will say this though, he and Gordon look to have a nice little downfield chemistry, that's something to keep an eye on as the season progresses.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Chris Rainey lookin like mr. all-purpose.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I think Luck just passed RGIII as the odds on favorite to win OROTY.
Does anyone else think it's possible the Colts win 8 games if Luck plays all season??

Not even close. RG3 is better than Luck. Yeah I said it. And anyone that says he has a better supporting cast. We took a 36mil cap hit over 2 years, have a horrible secondary, an OL with one high draft pick and descent FA signing, a 6th round RB(whos another great shany find btw) and our top pass rusher(rak) and starting DL out for the year plus garcon is hurt ontop of trading away draft picks for over a decade. The fact we are playing the Gmen in a first place game right now is a miracle and it's all because of RG3.

Im not saying Luck isn't special. RG3 is just the Sean Taylor/Patrick willis/Calvin Johnson of QB's. He's just the best QB prospect I've ever seen and he's living up to the hype. What a stud.

Last edited by jsagan77 : 10-19-2012 at 07:05 AM.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spot View Post

Irvin was a much better pick for Seattle than Ingram or Coples would have been.
I think Ingram could be just as effective in the role Irvin is playing.

Plus Ingram's younger and can play every down.

People made big deal about Weedens age, but Irvin is no spring chicken at 25 years old. For a speed rusher, his career might only be 5 years long. Weedens career could be 10 years long.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

After a great week by the Jet rookies.........well they came back down to earth in a terrible matter.

DE Quinton Coples outside of like 2 or 3 plays was invisible once again and did next to nothing when applying pressure on Brady. Altogether he has been terribly inconsistent thus far and its frustrating because he CAN be good at times.....but then there are times where he offers up nothing even if he isn't getting at the QB.

WR Stephen Hill once again has these tendencies to drop the ball on such an easy play. I understand there's a reason he got compared to fellow Ga Tech raw dropper D. Thomas.....believe me I understand that. But My god I swear most members on this board make that late game catch. The guy has all the tools you can want but the fact of the matter is he always ends up with these frustrating drops.

LB Demario Davis had a rough day on the field. Won't crucify him for not doing well covering Hernandez and Gronk...they do this to many. However, he blew a blitz by running into a fellow Jet defender that in essence Brady got Gronk on the 1st TD, he took himself out of position on some down the field tackling and I think he had a few gaffs on special teams too, notably taking a wrong route on the McCourty special teams TD. He's just way too slow it seems, he's gotta find a way to get faster this offseason.

S Josh Bush might have been the best rookie of the day as I think minus being apart of the group that allowed McCourty to get an easy TD he made a few plays on special teams.

S Antonio Allen didn't do much but he did grab the facemask of a Patriot lineman on 4th down during a Pats punt that moved the chains for the Patriots. Luckily for him, the defense bailed him out and 0 points were scored.

Don't remember hearing or seeing NT Damon Harrison on the field.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I have a question: who are the leading candidates for DROY? Wagner? Kuechly? Jenkins?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So I have a question: who are the leading candidates for DROY? Wagner? Kuechly? Jenkins?
Chandler Jones?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Im not saying Luck isn't special. RG3 is just the Sean Taylor/Patrick willis/Calvin Johnson of QB's. He's just the best QB prospect I've ever seen and he's living up to the hype. What a stud.
10 characters
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is Green Bay Center Jeff Saturday speaking of having to play against Michael Brockers:

Center Jeff Saturday struggled at times blocking for the run, including twice against rookie defensive tackle Michael Brockers. He said an apt comparison for Brockers would be as a cross between former Jacksonville stalwarts John Henderson and Marcus Stroud.

"Strong, big kid and physical," Saturday said. "He's going to be a very good player. I told him that after the game."

Brockers also came off Lang once in the first quarter and tackled Green for minus-2. The Packers had problems keeping middle linebacker James Laurinaitis out of plays, and Saturday said the back-side linebacker flowed hard and fast, too.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...175180181.html
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Browns rookie class a lot. Billy Winn and John Hughes have been really good at DT on defense. James-Michael Johnson and LJ Fort have contributed in the LB rotation amid a bunch of injuries there. Josh Gordon is a playmaker the past few weeks, he looks REALLY good as a legit deep threat (though he did drop a sure game winning TD pass on a great throw by Weeden). Speaking of which Weeden has been pretty darn good this year too. I think we finally have a starting QB in Cleveland (too bad he's 29 instead of 22 though). Mitchell Schwartz has been steady at RT.

Believe it or not Trent Richardson has been my most disappointing rookie for us considering, though he isn't getting great blocking and he's been hurt....but still he could do a lot better than he has been. Too much dancing in the backfield I would say (and the coaches don't trust him yet on 3rd downs which is where he will eventually be deadly as a receiver).
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D-backs never win, but if they ever got consideration Harrison Smith would be in the mix.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chandler Jones is the DROY candidate right now. Out of most people's (professionals, not random people on this site) top 10 rookie lists, he's among the only defensive player on it.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harrison Smith is really surprising me. He's gonna be a stud for years.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mo Claiborne had his first INT of the season on Sunday. He's continued to have really good man coverage and physicality at the line, it wouldn't surprise me if his cover skills are better then Brandon Carr at seasons end. Would like to see more turnovers obviously but he looks as advertised. Let's see how he does against Nicks this second time around though before he's due for a clunker of a game vs an elite Wr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My take Browns rookies. (7 starting)

Weeden
A few things to consider about Weeden's play.. He's throwing to a rookie supplemental pick, a 5th round rookie, a practice squad guy, league leader in drops Greg Little, 2nd yr rec TE Cameron and vet Watson, whose one solid hit away from retirement. Browns as a team lead the league in drops and own the 3oth ranked rushing attack. And Weeden's still improving each week. Last week was the 2nd 4th quarter go ahead TD pass dropped for him in the last 3 games.

Richardson
Agreed with keylime, he's dancing quite a bit but I think that's also on his coaching. Disagree on 3rd downs. I think Ogobannaya is just better in that role. Still, he leads team in catches and was the offense's primary weapon before his rib injury, which was not caused by a hit to the ribs. It looks like he did it knocking a defender out the way with his elbow-I guess jarring his rib area. It's a lingering injury that could sideline him for awhile raising the injury concerns on him again.-he's frighteningly reminding me of Fred Taylor.

Mitchell Schwartz
Has a really good game then a bad one. Typical rookie season but he's flashed enough to feel he'll hold RT down for a long time.

Josh Gordon
Has shown size, fluidity and deceptive speed but it's more about Weeden's accuracy then Gordon showing amazing signature plays of his own. He's got great upside but counting on him to be a #1 WR next season would be a mistake.

Travis Benjamin
His speed is a problem but he can't stay healthy. Strictly a role player until he gets stronger and masters routes. Potentially a DeSean Jackson type in a few seasons if everything goes well.

Billy Winn
Solid for a rookie DT. Learning on the job how to defend the run but shows some upside to become a solid all around tackle.

John Hughes
^Same for Hughes. Been starting alongside Winn with Rubin out and shows promise as a solid starting DT eventually.

L.J. Fort
No impact at all since DQ has returned.

Ishmaa'ily Kitchen
Plays in rotation spelling Winn and Hughes. JAG gaining valuable experience and might turn it into something down the road but probably for another team.

Josh Cooper
Brought up from practice squad because of all the injuries and has been productive drawing from chemistry with Weeden. Still, he's jag-not much quickness or speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 10-23-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the Rams hit gold on their draft and could turn out to be a franchise changer, especially considering they have the Skins #1's the next 2 years

DT Brockers - Early injury, but is healthy now. Huge, dominant force in the middle and was just what the Rams needed

WR Quick - Nothing yet, but he has the size, speed, athleticism you want. 6'4 1/2 , 225. Very raw and still learning. I expect him to slowly get more involved each week.

CB Jenkins - A few rookie mistakes, but he has immense talent. He likes to gamble, which has cost him a few times. He will learn

RB Pead - Nothing yet either. You can see his speed and what he could bring, but really hasn't had the chance yet.

CB Johnson - Looks like a very good CB

WR Givens - very explosive. Reminds me of DeShaun Jackson

OG Watkins - Huge road grader. Inured. Like his potential for next year. It will be like getting another pick. Probably 3rd round talent

K Greg the Leg- Awesome, plain and simple

RB Richardson
- The dude can flat out play. Might be a hidden gem.

All in all, could be a great draft. They could actually all be starters as soon as next year, with the exception of Pead, who will be more of a 3rd down pass catching type of back. Similar to Sproles in a way.

Last edited by armageddon : 10-23-2012 at 10:52 PM.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
10 characters
I'd be interested to hear you're counter argument. The kid is a phoenominal Prospect and player. If he went to Stanford (which he was offered a scholarship for) he would've went in front of Luck, no question.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew we got better value by where we selected Martin, but now i'm starting to think we got the better player as well.

Trent Richardson - 103 carries, 348 yards, 3.4 ypc, 24 rec, 197 yards, 5 total TD, 1 Fum

Doug Martin - 129 carries, 543 yards, 4.2 ypc, 16 rec, 224 yards, 4 total TD, 0 Fum

Most importantly, Martin has not missed a down due to injury.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 10-26-2012 at 10:05 AM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh VIP, you are so special.

It's 7 games into the season. You can't say one player is better than the other yet. Stop being silly.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd be interested to hear you're counter argument. The kid is a phoenominal Prospect and player. If he went to Stanford (which he was offered a scholarship for) he would've went in front of Luck, no question.
You can't emerge your final year as a passing QB in that kind of offense and be viewed as the greatest QB prospect of all time. It shouldn't work that way. It didn't have anything to do with where these guys played. And Andrew Luck went to Stanford. That's not USC, Notre Dame or a powerhouse SEC school. It's ******* Stanford. Do you know what Stanford was doing for decades before Luck got there? They were about as good as Baylor. So lets just stop with all this "what if" ******** and just evaluate the two players separately.

EDIT: I just realized you said, "The best QB prospect I have ever seen." That may be true.

RGIII is simply fortunate enough to have been selected by the one team, more to the point, one offense, that is capable of getting all his talents out of him. Most teams who would have drafted RGIII would not have the creativity to implement this kind of offense he is running. There was not a better team he could have gone to. He lucked out. You cannot say Andrew Luck went to the best possible situation imaginable. Not even close. RGIII did. If RGIII went #1 overall it would have hurt him. Immensely. He's more of a system QB than anything else. You need to let your QB run with the football for RGIII to do what he does best. That's not a knock on RGIII, but there is no sense of putting RGIII in an offense that hides his best qualities: being a duel threat.

People blow their wads over rookie QBs all the time. Why? I don't know. They usually hype QBs who look impressive for rookies like they're next Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but they are actually among the worst starting QBs in the NFL. It's premature. Its always premature.

RGIII is a little more special than your typical rookie QB who is having some early success. For starters, he's already a 10 Top QB in the NFL... even pushing Top 5 with how average some of these second tier QBs are playing (Romo, Rivers, Stafford, Newton, Freeman), but before we start calling him the greatest ________ ... let's just slow down and realize that he is a rookie. He has a thin playbook right now and he's being masterfully coddled by Shanahan. The Redskins are giving RGIII enough to make plays, but they're not asking him to do too much. They have simplified this offense to absurd standards. This is a Big 12 offense in the NFL. Last week, I don't know if he made 1 pass attempt more than 10 yards down field from inside the pocket. I don't think he did until he bootlegged or bailed on a busted play. He has weaknesses. He hasn't been exposed yet. There's a reason for the sophomore slump. It's not that the QB isn't putting in effort or that he's regressing... no, the NFL is catching up to him. They take away their strengths and force a QB to play into his weaknesses. It's then up to the QB to turn those weaknesses into strengths and redefine his own game, and... improve. Rick Mirer was going to be the next Joe Montana. Then teams found out that he could only throw to one side of the field.

Guys like Sam Bradford and Matt Ryan were the greatest QBs ever after their rookie seasons. Cam Newton was supposed to have redefined the NFL by now. Ryan is finally emerging as a player who is starting push the envelop for Top 5 QBs in the NFL, and he still has a lot to prove before he's firmly entrenched in that group. Bradford hasn't improved much, if at all, since his rookie season. Christian Ponder was everyone's favorite QB this year. Now it looks like teams are figuring out that he can't throw from inside the pocket. Joe Flacco is still Joe Flacco. "I'm an elite QB but I can't play on the road."

RGIII is having a great season, but he is not asked to do too much from a passing standpoint, from a pure QB standpoint. I spoke about this in regards to his debut. The stats were impressive, the game was impressive but it was the Saints defense and, mostly, a bunch YAC / terrible tackling. It was impressive for a rookie, but unimpressive for a veteran QB. It was more to do in my opinion about just how terrible the Saints were. And not so much about how overwhelming RGIII was.

RGIII is primed for a great career. There's no reason he shouldn't be better than Andrew Luck. He has more talent around him and his situation is already ideal. Andrew Luck is going to be more dependent on getting better players around him. Not to mention, RGIII simply has more talent. He has a high ceiling. Right now he's got a better arm, quicker release and better deep ball. He's more naturally gifted. Does Andrew Luck still have potential? Of course, we've seen QBs vastly develop their arm strength and deep throws while in the NFL (Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers the most noticeable).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-26-2012 at 12:03 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Oh VIP, you are so special.

It's 7 games into the season. You can't say one player is better than the other yet. Stop being silly.
Classic Bucs fans.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
I knew we got better value by where we selected Martin, but now i'm starting to think we got the better player as well.

Trent Richardson - 103 carries, 348 yards, 3.4 ypc, 24 rec, 197 yards, 5 total TD, 1 Fum

Doug Martin - 129 carries, 543 yards, 4.2 ypc, 16 rec, 224 yards, 4 total TD, 0 Fum

Most importantly, Martin has not missed a down due to injury.
Martin is a phenomenal prospect VIP but its too early to tell who's better. Richardson is a freak of nature. But I did think bucs got tether value bc they filled 2 needs with future studs in David and Barron and Martin by not trading up to get Richardson.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

In imaginary RG3 fan world he would have gone ahead of Luck. In reality Luck went ahead of him and is a better QB. Being fun to watch doesn't make RG3 better than Luck.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote