Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-08-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of people seemed to dislike the last segment on raw, but I thought it ruled. Vince is still the man, Punk was great, Ryback got a massive pop (not really a fan, but the pop he got was awesome), and Punk totally slugged a fan when he was in the crowd. Awesome stuff.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
A lot of people seemed to dislike the last segment on raw, but I thought it ruled. Vince is still the man, Punk was great, Ryback got a massive pop (not really a fan, but the pop he got was awesome), and Punk totally slugged a fan when he was in the crowd. Awesome stuff.
Ryback needs a voice. That's his problem. At least Goldberg had some mic time.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ryback.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

have to admit I'm stunned at how fast the Ryback push is happening.figured they'd start him out winning the US Title first before putting him into a program with Punk
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My guess is we have a triple threat at the PPV, Ryback delivers a finisher to Cena, then gets thrown out of the ring by Punk, who pins Cena.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Ryback needs a voice. That's his problem. At least Goldberg had some mic time.
No he didnt. He didnt say **** until like 1999, long after he had won the title. The extent of his mic time was "Youre next!", if that. Goldberg was actually considerably less over once he started talking a lot, though I dont think the two were necessarily connected.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sacramento crowd was great and great crowds help with the overal quality of the show. They did good. RAW was pretty solid overall as well.

RAW Sheamus is fun to watch, SD Sheamus blows. Barrett/Sheamus match was good until the giant red diaper man came out to ruin things. I like that they are actually putting emphasis and effort on Tag Teams.

Kane/Dbry continue to steal the show. So much fun to watch....just sucks that this sort of undercuts the Prime Time PLayers(who I like a lot) and wish they were tag team champs, but with Kane/Dbry they need to strike while the iron is hot. I expect Prime Time players to interfere with the Tag Team finals and cost ReyCara their match vs Rhodes Scholars, to set up another nice little tag team feud between those 2 teams.

and yeah, Punk effed up at the end there. He hit the wrong fan. It was the dude behind sunglasses guy who was shoving Punk, and then when Punk decked the wrong guy, you see the douchebag(who did hit Punk) curl up and run back to avoid Punk's wrath. Punk did this right on TV and RIGHT IN FRONT OF MCMAHON who was reportedly pissed off that night, as evidenced by him shitcanning Gerwitz as RAW head writer the moment he showed up that day. I hope Punk isn't punished for this/drops his title soon. He'll need to basically find that fan and give him some free merchandise/sign some stuff I assume. He apparently was filing a police report

with that said, here's this

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-09-2012 at 09:01 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I enjoyed it.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed it to, and it was helped a TON by the crowd going nuts over the whole thing

I'll always be a fan of crazy McMahon.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also DB saying Kane looked like someone slapped him in the face with a Fruit Roll-Up had me rolling.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also like the PTP's and was hoping they would win and go on to win the tag titles. Still its good to see the whole division getting a push.

Over the last month since Rybac has started getting a bigger push he seems to really be getting over with the fans. If they put him in a fued with a good heel they could really have something.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Old 10-11-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Punk is going to have to do a hell of a lot more than give that guy some merchandise.

Also, I hate Rybak. At least Goldberg was believable as a physically dominant freak. Rybak couldn't even lift Tensai over his head after multiple tries. And, needless to say, his gimmick is stupid and unoriginal.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Punk is going to have to do a hell of a lot more than give that guy some merchandise.

Also, I hate Rybak. At least Goldberg was believable as a physically dominant freak. Rybak couldn't even lift Tensai over his head after multiple tries. And, needless to say, his gimmick is stupid and unoriginal.
He did it on SD just a few days before. Tensai has been getting heat for sandbagging Ryback on Raw. That said I'm not a Ryback fan either.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

His lariat looks way more devastating as a finisher anyway. He should have jsut been using that from the start to finish off his opponents
Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/th...w-wwe-signing/

Quote:
If you had any doubt WWE was not going to go with The Rock vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship at Royal Rumble, you can all but put them away. Rock posted the following on Twitter:

@WWE Champion @CMPunk I know where to find you Phillip. And I will.. #Rumble2013
Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Friggin awesome PPV so far I say.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Friggin awesome PPV so far I say.
you jinxed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, I'd say that was still a great show. Even if you don't like the outcome, you can't deny the quality of the Aries/Hardy match. Bound for Glory had three matches hovering around the **** mark. Joe/Magnus was a little short but still very good, and the rest was pretty solid and inoffensive.

Only thing that was annoying was Hogan taking out the Aces and Eights with one punch each. I'm used to it by now, but still. Why wasn't he in the tag match if he could easily dispose of them like that?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Nah, I'd say that was still a great show. Even if you don't like the outcome, you can't deny the quality of the Aries/Hardy match. Bound for Glory had three matches hovering around the **** mark. Joe/Magnus was a little short but still very good, and the rest was pretty solid and inoffensive.

Only thing that was annoying was Hogan taking out the Aces and Eights with one punch each. I'm used to it by now, but still. Why wasn't he in the tag match if he could easily dispose of them like that?
I liked Joe/Magnus, (missed RVD/Zema), Storm/Roode, and Joey Ryan/Al Snow up until Matt Morgan jumped the rail. After that, the show was so hit and miss. I thought Kazarian almost killed himself on that dragonrana, the Aces and 8s thing had an awful payoff for a storyline that had been going on for so long that it was already tired. Plus, it just put Hogan over even more.

I don't get why they had to turn Aries heel when he was the reason people like me even started watching Impact. Honestly, I think it's keeping up with the joneses since WWE turned Punk. Giving Hardy the belt is the TNA equivalent of when WWE just gives up and gives Cena the belt, except TNA's Cena has a drug problem and wears facepaint.

If I look at this PPV in a nonobjective perspective it was great. I can't though. Screw Hogan, Hardy, and AJ Styles (while we're at it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devon as the reveal was also a big giant yawn.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think Devon is the guy.IMO Devon's the middle man for the real leader who's not ready to reveal himself yet. (IMO the real leader is Jeff Jarrett)
Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Devon's a great heel (beats the hell out of him as a face) and it's a better option than Bischoff, Sting, Hogan, or others, but I'll agree. I was completely shocked though, so they did technically swerve the **** out of me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reverend Devon. He is the spiritual leader of a motorcycle gang lol.