Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap, I didn't know they were making a s3 mini! ****!

I still love my iPhone though. No regrets. I think...
Old 10-11-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the specs aren't note worthy by any means.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The specs of the mini are underwhelming. If you want the smaller phone, get an iPhone

The mini can't touch the iPhone.

Just a FYI btw, the iPhone has beaten the s3 in speed comparison tests even though the s3 boasts more power. That has always happened though. The iPhone's practical speed has always been more impressive than android.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
OH snap, how big is the mini?
4 inch screen same as the iphone 4s.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iPhone 4s has a 3.5 in screen. The 5 has a 4 inch.

New rumors for LG Nexus suck. No LTE and GSM only.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
iPhone 4s has a 3.5 in screen. The 5 has a 4 inch.

New rumors for LG Nexus suck. No LTE and GSM only.
Honestly, I usually only upgrade every other year and I got a Galaxy Nexus in November... so I doubt I will even bother worrying about it.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I was up for an upgrade last December and nothing so far has caught my attention until I heard about Google's 5 year anniversary rumor for its Nexus line. Several Nexus phones from different OEMs, yada yada yada...
So far only the LG is being leaked and I hope the initial rumor was correct.
I was looking forward to finally using my upgrade.

Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got my upgrade coming up in about 3 weeks or so.

Why would Samsung crap on the S3 mini? Dumb

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Yea, I was up for an upgrade last December and nothing so far has caught my attention until I heard about Google's 5 year anniversary rumor for its Nexus line. Several Nexus phones from different OEMs, yada yada yada...
So far only the LG is being leaked and I hope the initial rumor was correct.
I was looking forward to finally using my upgrade.
Technically, the 5 year anniversary will be next year (because the G1 wasn't a Nexus).
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I got my upgrade coming up in about 3 weeks or so.

Why would Samsung crap on the S3 mini? Dumb
Because no one (except Apple, Motorola, and Sony) is making a decent sub 4.3 inch phone.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Technically, the 5 year anniversary will be next year (because the G1 wasn't a Nexus).
Hmm, maybe it's just phone then. I just assumed they were all Nexus'. Either way, all the rumors stated as 4th qtr this year for that multi-device launch to occur.

We shall see!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just put jelly bean on my kindle fire and I'm loving it so far. I didn't hate the stock set up, but the expanded control is nice. The stock os would be fine for someone like my mom or sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apple does a great job of optimizing their processor around their OS. With Android its trying to force it, where you are just running the OS on top of the processor, not really integrating it. But that is why the nexus and android work so well together. Google works with the processor.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm not going to lie... the rumors of wireless charging on the new Nexus sound interesting. Especially since I've had problems with the charging ports in the past. (Mainly my sons stuffing chewed up food/paper/whatever in them :queue sad face:)

http://www.popherald.com/20121014_ne...lly_bean-20153

Old 10-14-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LG makes horrible phones, so I can't buy anything of theirs. I'm just disappointed. I would have got the S3 mini if the specs were up to par. I got to get my hands on an actual S3 and it's just way to big for me. I'm certainly not happy the new Nexus was an LG phone. If it was Samsung I probably would have hopped onto that.

Unfortunately I'm probably leaning toward the iPhone at this point, which makes me sad.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
LG makes horrible phones, so I can't buy anything of theirs. I'm just disappointed. I would have got the S3 mini if the specs were up to par. I got to get my hands on an actual S3 and it's just way to big for me. I'm certainly not happy the new Nexus was an LG phone. If it was Samsung I probably would have hopped onto that.

Unfortunately I'm probably leaning toward the iPhone at this point, which makes me sad.

Well, I'd wait at least til the 29th (some tech conference) when announcements of new phones will be made.
LG is the one that will probably be announced. Others are HTC's 5" Nexus and a Galaxy Nexus 2 from Samsung.
So if it's a Samsung you want, you just might be able to get one.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
get the Galaxy Nexus

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

S3 is mot that big. you get used to holding it An d size in 1 hand. Now idont have a case, also I donth have giant hands, I wear medium gloves, could force into a small and make it work.

Last edited by brat316 : 10-14-2012 at 11:08 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
get the Galaxy Nexus
I mean, it's starting to get fairly dated as it's been out for sometime now. If they announced the Galaxy Nexus 2 and it's solid I would definitely get it. I'm not grabbing my new phone until December so there's still plenty of time for me to change my mind and I would prefer to get an Android phone.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean, it's starting to get fairly dated as it's been out for sometime now. If they announced the Galaxy Nexus 2 and it's solid I would definitely get it. I'm not grabbing my new phone until December so there's still plenty of time for me to change my mind and I would prefer to get an Android phone.
it's less than a year old and is running Jelly Bean...

Old 10-14-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

he wants quad core power not dual core and 8 MP camera.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

anyone use NFC and google wallet at stores?
Old 10-14-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
it's less than a year old and is running Jelly Bean...
It is, but in terms of phone life a year is fairly old. Most people get new phones every 2 years.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Most people get new phones every 2 years.
maybe you $30k millionaires do

Old 10-14-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i had my Treo 700wx for 5 years, just got a new phone in August. Why just keep blowing my dough on ****, when I have something that works?

given I was pushing it with 5 years and massive technology changed, but it was fine for what I was using it for. But new phone came in handy with new job, since i always have to check email, open pdfs and ect.