Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I think if Dorsey gets back to a 43 defense he'll be alright. He's just out of position as a 34 end, he doesn't have the skill set there.
Its what I think as well. I was a little puzzled when KC took him and ran a 34. Kinda reminds me when the Raiders put Warren Sapp at 34 end.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Its what I think as well. I was a little puzzled when KC took him and ran a 34. Kinda reminds me when the Raiders put Warren Sapp at 34 end.
Well we took him and ran the 4-3 for one year before Herm and the coaching staff was fired, then they transitioned to the 3-4.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nepg, this is ridiculous dude. I'm starting to believe videa that you do post nonsense.

Pioli's drafting has been awful. Just terrible. His most consistent draft pick has been his kicker in the 7th round. That alone speaks volumes.

Succop and Houston. Those are the only difference makers Pioli has drafted.
Haley had to fight for Eric Berry to be drafted, so Pioli doesn't get credit for him.

-McCluster has been an injury prone disappointment. He was drafted to be a slot WR and he hasn't done anything great.
-Arenas can't even play the outside. We draft a CB in the 2nd rd and he can't even play for Flowers when he's out? Wow what a great 2nd rd pick Scott.
-Drafting bargain players is the problem. Wylie and Moeaki are injury prone.
Oh and his FA signings

As others have said, King Carl's draft picks are still running this team 4 years later. Absolutely stupid. It's ridiculous.

Pioli is good at drafting depth and complimentary players, but those players don't win you games in January: impact players do.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can line Ryan Lilja up at RB, WR, kick returner and call him multi-dimensional too. Let's see if you understand my point here since you like to tell me what my points are.

And I'm only a high school coach, I get that, but, I coach the 34 defensive line. I have a pretty good handle on what you want out of 34 ends. Tyson Jackson is a decent run defending defensive end, that's fine. You don't draft decent run defending defensive ends at number 3 overall. Period. The closer to number one overall you pick, the more of an impact player you need to acquire. Pioli failed with Tyson Jackson.

And my points with Houston and Berry being unproven at this point are this: Houston has yet to put it together over a full season (I stress yet, because I think he is doing that this year) and Berry hasn't looked like the same player to my eye since he came back from the surgery. And he still hasn't shown he can cover elite TEs which is what you want out of a number 5 overall safety.
Still zero explanation on why McCluster is one-dimensional (because he's not). And even if he is, so what? He adds a great dimension to the offense.

Let's get this straight... Houston, in 1.25 season has failed to put it together for an entire season?

Tyson Jackson was drafted because he had All-Pro tools for a 3-4 DE. He was a riskier pick than most 3-4 DEs because he was a 4-3 DE going to a 3-4 and most are 4-3 DTs. He's not an All-Pro, but he's become a high-level 3-4 DE. They felt like they had to draft him, and based on the opportunities they've had, it was a good move... They haven't been in many positions to have picked up a decent 3-4 DE. Lived up to #3? No. But he's served and is serving the purpose of drafting him there.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Pioli's drafting has been awful. Just terrible. His most consistent draft pick has been his kicker in the 7th round. That alone speaks volumes.
Not really. That's the most consistent player for any team. Not saying anything.

Quote:
Succop and Houston. Those are the only difference makers Pioli has drafted.
Haley had to fight for Eric Berry to be drafted, so Pioli doesn't get credit for him.
That's ********. LOL. Where do you people come up with this Eric Berry wasn't a Pioli pick crap? The ONLY reason people think he didn't want him is because Peter King wrote some ******** article about how Pioli would never draft a safety there, which was flat-out crap (as I explained when it came out). Pioli and Belichick have searched for their Ed Reed every ******* year.

Quote:
-McCluster has been an injury prone disappointment. He was drafted to be a slot WR and he hasn't done anything great.
-Arenas can't even play the outside. We draft a CB in the 2nd rd and he can't even play for Flowers when he's out? Wow what a great 2nd rd pick Scott.
-Drafting bargain players is the problem. Wylie and Moeaki are injury prone.
Oh and his FA signings
McCluster was drafted as a RB to be whatever the OC wanted to do with him. They decided to make him a slot receiver this year and he's taken to it really well.

Arenas was drafted to be a nickel corner and return man. That's what he is. I don't completely agree with the pick, but it's worked out the way they wanted. He's a smart player and they drafted him to be a lockerroom leader. They drafted Jalil Brown to develop into more of an outside corner and special teams ace, and he's shown very good development and is a Pro Bowl candidate as a special teamer.

He drafted Moeaki and Wylie when you're supposed to take a shot at guys like that. Moeaki worked out Year 1. That was a boss pick. He's still recovering. Definitely not the same player right now. See my previous comments about the WR & TE situation... This is one area Pioli hasn't done enough with until this year, imo. With McCluster moving to the slot and already having Breaston, they can afford for Wylie to not be healthy right now. He wouldn't be seeing the field anyway.

Quote:
As others have said, King Carl's draft picks are still running this team 4 years later. Absolutely stupid. It's ridiculous.

Pioli is good at drafting depth and complimentary players, but those players don't win you games in January: impact players do.
Should Pioli have let all those guys go so he could replace them? It makes no sense when people try to hold that over Pioli's head.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
To be fair the Chiefs were still running a 4-3 when they drafted Dorsey.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Should Pioli have let all those guys go so he could replace them? It makes no sense when people try to hold that over Pioli's head.
thats funny. replacing playmakers with what? his track record proves he couldn't draft a playmaker anyway. and to your question, no he shouldn't have let them go. i think this is where you are missing the point. THE ONLY PLAY MAKERS ON THIS TEAM CAME FROM CARL PETERSON!!! Pioli gets 0 credit for that. he has had 4 ******* years to add play makers to that and has come up very short. every year we aren't looking for depth and complimentary players. the 1st and 2nd round should be difference makers every year.

here is your McCluster is 1 demintional stats. 2012 through 5 games: 15 recs, 148 yds, 0 TD: 1 rush, 5 yds, 0 TD: 0 punt returns: 0 kick returns. he was drafted to play this position and this is what he has to show for it. personally, i can give him a pass because Cassel killed his stats by ending drives early and never getting him the ball in a place where he could make someone miss.

is there a way i can block posts from specific people? the fact that nepg STILL believes all his own BS is amazing. seriously, that someone with an objective view actually look past all the evidence that EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE, sees and still think that this KC Chiefs team is ok and on the right path is absolutely indefensible. from this point, i post no further in response to nepg. i cant take the BS anymore.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
is there a way i can block posts from specific people?
Add nepg to Your Ignore List
Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
thats funny. replacing playmakers with what? his track record proves he couldn't draft a playmaker anyway. and to your question, no he shouldn't have let them go. i think this is where you are missing the point. THE ONLY PLAY MAKERS ON THIS TEAM CAME FROM CARL PETERSON!!! Pioli gets 0 credit for that. he has had 4 ******* years to add play makers to that and has come up very short. every year we aren't looking for depth and complimentary players. the 1st and 2nd round should be difference makers every year.

here is your McCluster is 1 demintional stats. 2012 through 5 games: 15 recs, 148 yds, 0 TD: 1 rush, 5 yds, 0 TD: 0 punt returns: 0 kick returns. he was drafted to play this position and this is what he has to show for it. personally, i can give him a pass because Cassel killed his stats by ending drives early and never getting him the ball in a place where he could make someone miss.

is there a way i can block posts from specific people? the fact that nepg STILL believes all his own BS is amazing. seriously, that someone with an objective view actually look past all the evidence that EVERYONE, and i mean EVERYONE, sees and still think that this KC Chiefs team is ok and on the right path is absolutely indefensible. from this point, i post no further in response to nepg. i cant take the BS anymore.
Your argument is stupid. He hasn't drafted a lot of playmaker types because he already had playmakers... And your statement is incorrect anyway. Moeaki (year 1), Berry, Houston, Kendrick Lewis, Asamoah, Hudson, Bailey, Brown (ST), Succup, Poe, and Allen in 4 years of drafting is pretty ******* good. All of those guys would be starting on most of the teams in the NFL and a couple of them are backups on the Chiefs. They've had some injuries, but (aside from Moeaki, I'll give you that one) you can't detract from his draft success because guys got hurt. The Chiefs, the last 3 years, have consistently won the draft.

McCluster wasn't drafted to be a slot receiver. He would have played slot WR in year one if that was the case. Do you remember their WR situation prior to last year? They were starting Terrence Copper (even last year was bad most of the time due to injuries). McCluster was drafted as a guy they could move around and cause match-up problems. He's not as much of a RB now because they have decent RBs now and it's easier to get him the ball as a slot receiver.

BS? What have I said that isn't true? I can't believe people believe the radio/local media BS.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nepg, just stop dude. Please just stop.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Your argument is stupid. He hasn't drafted a lot of playmaker types because he already had playmakers

BS? What have I said that isn't true? I can't believe people believe the radio/local media BS.
LMFAO. This just made my day...I can't believe I laughed so hard at this. Gotta be the dumbest **** I have read in quite a while and on this board with some of the trolls we got...that's quite a feat.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Nepg is the best (worst) troll this site has ever seen. It just sucks that he has to be a "Chiefs fan" or something.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

So I guess in nepg's world you can have too many playmakers.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

No, in his world the players we have are playmakers.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Nepg is the best (worst) troll this site has ever seen. It just sucks that he has to be a "Chiefs fan" or something.
He's not a Chiefs fan. His name is New England Patriots Guy. He followed Pioli over here.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He's not a Chiefs fan. His name is New England Patriots Guy. He followed Pioli over here.
and Cassel

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, that's why Chiefs fan is in quotes, haha.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1000th post. a small moment of celebration during this abomination of a Chiefs season.

King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Nepg had his access to the Chiefs sub-forum removed. It was an executive decision on my part to bring it up to the Admin but when we have users here who are actively ignoring him, something had to give.

If anyone has a problem with this, send me a PM and we'll discuss it. If the group as a whole wants to reinstate his access to this particular sub-forum, we can do that too.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Aaawww....but...but...the LULZ...

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Nepg had his access to the Chiefs sub-forum removed. It was an executive decision on my part to bring it up to the Admin but when we have users here who are actively ignoring him, something had to give.

If anyone has a problem with this, send me a PM and we'll discuss it. If the group as a whole wants to reinstate his access to this particular sub-forum, we can do that too.
I actually had him ignored during the offseason, but then I saw in some quotes that he seemed to be making progress, so I unignored him. But I have quickly seen the error of my ways.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bring him back!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nepg is a Pioli apologist. Defending Pioli is like saying that water isn't wet or paint doesn't dry.

You just can't argue with a moron and expect to get anywhere.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Just IN: The bye week opens up as 13.5 point favorites vs Chiefs
Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@RussLande

Despite rumors over weekend of Scott Pioli getting an extension, sources say KC already has list of potential people to replace him as GM

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!!!