Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 09-23-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
dregolll
Rookie

dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll
Default Jeff Driskel, QB, Florida (SO)

Guy seems like he is legit, great size, great arm strength, and can really move for a man his size. My question is, do you guys see him as top overall pick in whichever draft he may come out in. I think he has #1 overall pick potential. What are your thoughts?
dregolll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah absolutely. And not just him, there are a lot of young QBs that look like they have a ton of potential. He, Brett Hundley, and Sean Mannion all look like they'd put this class of QBs to shame. I'm very impressed with the young QBs around the nation, big, poised, arm strength and accuracy.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a LONG way from being a #1 overall pick, but he certainly has the physical measurables to be one.

edit: if I were advising him, I would advise he stay all of his years of eligibility, because he won't be #1 pick in next years draft (2014, not 2013). Jadeveon Clowney will be.

He certainly could be the #1 pick in 2015 though.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
He's a LONG way from being a #1 overall pick, but he certainly has the physical measurables to be one.

edit: if I were advising him, I would advise he stay all of his years of eligibility, because he won't be #1 pick in next years draft (2014, not 2013). Jadeveon Clowney will be.

He certainly could be the #1 pick in 2015 though.
Not sure i agree on him not being a #1 pick because a defensive lineman might be rated higher, we know that isnt necessarily the case.

Driskel probably plays through next year, which if he stays healthy will mean he'd played in about 30 games at UF. It probably is too early to predict top pick but i think he's ahead of the likes of Locker, Gabbert, Tannehill and maybe just a notch behind a Matthew Stafford at a similar stage.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree, kid is the best in his sophomore class without question. Saving a class that based off last year freshman season was suspect class compared to past seasons. Driskel easily is the top of that group and should only get better with time.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's talented but raw.
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DanDanE420
Rookie

DanDanE420 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's doing a lot better than I thought but let's see him against the meat of that SEC schedule. I have serious questions about his accuracy.
DanDanE420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDanE420 View Post
He's doing a lot better than I thought but let's see him against the meat of that SEC schedule. I have serious questions about his accuracy.
He's throwing it at 70% so i wouldn't worry about his accuracy yet. Granted he'll play better defenses with teams like LSU, Ga. and FSU but wining on the road at A & M and Tennessee i think showed he was legit.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this kid. Reminds me a lot of Matt Stafford, but seems to be more athletic. A blend of Stafford and Tebow athleticism? Huh. Not bad. Watching more of him as the season goes on.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I can remember a QB who takes as many unnecessary sacks as he does. He holds onto the ball forever and never throws it away but at least it makes his completion percentage look better.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm not sure I can remember a QB who takes as many unnecessary sacks as he does. He holds onto the ball forever and never throws it away but at least it makes his completion percentage look better.
I would think that's correctable. LSU pretty much had a straight path to the QB there in the first half.

Driskel is probably what you would call rough around the edges but has all the tools to be a great QB. Comparing him to some others like Locker, Tannehill and Gabbert i would say he's ahead of those guys early in their career.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I would think that's correctable. LSU pretty much had a straight path to the QB there in the first half.

Driskel is probably what you would call rough around the edges but has all the tools to be a great QB. Comparing him to some others like Locker, Tannehill and Gabbert i would say he's ahead of those guys early in their career.
It's not just LSU, it's been a trend the entire season. That's offensive line isn't that bad yet there's a reason they are 110th in college football in sacks allowed.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Minnesota and Seattle would love to talk about a certain ex-QB of theirs.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Strangely crazy numbers against Vanderbilt. Mediocre passing 11-20 for 77 yds and 177 yds rushing. Probably wouldn't want to hear Matt Jones comparisons.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong thread :/

Last edited by descendency : 10-14-2012 at 02:55 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a fan. He reminds me of a more sickly looking Jake Locker
Old 10-14-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got ways to go as a passer but the physical tools are there. If he develops his mechanics, he'll be a first rounder.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
My guess is he'd take being the 8th pick in the draft.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Not sure about the sickly looking part but he reminded me of Jake Locker and some of his struggles at the UW. There are probably some similarities there beyond the looks test. Locker struggled at times against defenses where his offensive line was terribly overmatched. I'm not sure if they try to do too much or aren't given the proper play calls to handle what they're seeing out there. Driskel is still young and hasn't started 10 games yet in his college career. There's time for him and the Gators to get it together on handling pressure.

Florida overrall i think was a bit lucky to be #2 and at some point you had to figure that blocking up front and a young QB was going to come back to haunt them.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Their passing offense was god awful against Georgia. He needs to be a better passer than that. He's a long way off of being a pro-ready QB.