Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Putting the diet on hold for the weekend...it just kind of happened. Hopefully this isnt the beginning of the end. I've been killing it all September. Looking pretty shredded, until I ruin it with my chinese food and french fries right now. On top of the burgers and hot dogs i had yesterday.

If the month's been as successful as you stated, 2 days aren't going to kill you.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
If the month's been as successful as you stated, 2 days aren't going to kill you.
Yeah, I know...but the whole mentality. I'll keep thinking about it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bust ass in the gym tomorrow. Extra energy from those extra cals.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going heavy this month with a 5x5 routine on all my workouts.
Yesterday, I did incline bench press with 110lbs dumbbells.
Felt like a beast! Personal record for me.
(I only put them up on the 5th set, 3 times solo and 2 times with a spot)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Going heavy this month with a 5x5 routine on all my workouts.
Yesterday, I did incline bench press with 110lbs dumbbells.
Felt like a beast! Personal record for me.
(I only put them up on the 5th set, 3 times solo and 2 times with a spot)

Good **** my man.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bust ass in the gym tomorrow. Extra energy from those extra cals.
I def. felt the energy from the extra food consumption. Ran 4.6 miles in 30 minutes. A personal best for myself. Had a nice overall workout.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need a month of 5x5. Like a solid month. I fall back into the 3x8-12 routine because thats where Im comfortable too much. Think I could rotate 5x5 and 3x8 bi weekly?

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I think you should do something and stick with it at least for a couple of months.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I need a month of 5x5. Like a solid month. I fall back into the 3x8-12 routine because thats where Im comfortable too much. Think I could rotate 5x5 and 3x8 bi weekly?
That's exactly what I do on the regular. (Minus this month which is a complete 5x5)
I do one cycle 4x5 and do a 10/8/6 the next and keep alternating each cycle.
It's helped me limit plateaus as I'm never repeating weights/rep count in back to back chest (for example) workouts.

So I say go for it. It's what I do on the norm!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a question...idk how accurate the cardio machines are but I know my target HR is 155-160 or so...is it bad if it spikes to around 185 and sometimes higher??

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously need one of those massage roller things. My legs are so freaking sore right now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Sucks...my knee kills me every morning, ever since I started doing some serious running at the start of September. Worries me a bit. Feels fine when I loosen up, but ugh...feel old sometimes.

That said...I'm still killing it lately. Proud of myself. My sports induced asthma seems like a thing of the past.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-13-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I got a question...idk how accurate the cardio machines are but I know my target HR is 155-160 or so...is it bad if it spikes to around 185 and sometimes higher??
Unless is constantly up there its not something to worry about. 155-160 is pretty normal for the most part during workout, but if you are sitting at that 185 range...would be when I'd worry. Sounds like you are only seeing it every so often?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
I seriously need one of those massage roller things. My legs are so freaking sore right now.
Just a warning, but if you start foam rolling, be prepared to shell out money every other month or so.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Unless is constantly up there its not something to worry about. 155-160 is pretty normal for the most part during workout, but if you are sitting at that 185 range...would be when I'd worry. Sounds like you are only seeing it every so often?
No...if the machine is spot in then I'm consistently around the 185 mark while doing cardio even though I guess I'm sposed to be around 160bpm.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

That's high intensity which has it's place but if that's not your goal... slow down on the treadmill then.
Your body just isn't used to that intensity yet. Work your way up to speed over time.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just getting the thread subscription.
SniperDosPuntoCero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Just a warning, but if you start foam rolling, be prepared to shell out money every other month or so.
Why shell out money every other month? I've had the same foam roller for months it still works grest
Old 10-14-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verloren View Post
Why is that?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
That's high intensity which has it's place but if that's not your goal... slow down on the treadmill then.
Your body just isn't used to that intensity yet. Work your way up to speed over time.
I have problems with that. I will be the first to tell you I can be a bum and lazy, but if I get the ball rolling I really do push myself and can over do it.

I just want to make sure I ain't busting no John Henry **** haha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Why is that?
If you use it a lot it'll get soft and won't work all that well. When they are firm is when they are best. Just depends on how much you use it. If you use it everyday it'll go to **** pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I have problems with that. I will be the first to tell you I can be a bum and lazy, but if I get the ball rolling I really do push myself and can over do it.

I just want to make sure I ain't busting no John Henry **** haha
Yeah I would just slow down for a little while and see if you can maintain it a little bit better. You will be able to maintain it at higher speeds the more you run and what not. I know instincts say to just jump in and go full speed to get in shape and what not, but thats no bueno if you're sitting 185.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
If you use it a lot it'll get soft and won't work all that well. When they are firm is when they are best. Just depends on how much you use it. If you use it everyday it'll go to **** pretty fast.
Which is what happened to mine. I generally use TP Therapy for my knee issues, but they don't work on hams/hip/ass as well as a standard foam roller. Very difficult to hit the proper spot.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Today is the official start of my bulk. Very excited.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:43 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahhh, the old Matt Ryan workout I see. #GettinSwole
Old 10-15-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
SniperDosPuntoCero
Rookie

SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SniperDosPuntoCero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Today is the official start of my massive cut. Not excited to not eat.
SniperDosPuntoCero is offline   Reply With Quote