Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Potential No. 2 seed in the NFC just checking in guys.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
He did what he had to today, but taking the sample from today as any kind of representation that he's a starting QB is moronic. He had like 5 bombs down the field to WR's who had 3-4 steps on DB's. Vince Young had the exact same game last season, and a plethora of other bad QB's had success different ways against our secondary including Henne, Campbell, Grossman, and Orlovsky. Take anything Wilson did today with a grain of salt. Rice isn't going to get 3-4 steps on a deep route in the last 2 minutes on a competent DB. Simply put those throws will not be there again.
Wasn't going to backtrack in the thread but I went up like four posts and found this.

LOL
Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Potential No. 2 seed in the NFC just checking in guys.
I'd wait till thursday night to get too giddy. I'm still thinking the NFL Gods owe us one from the Green Bay game. Hopefully it won't be in the playoffs.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd wait till thursday night to get too giddy. I'm still thinking the NFL Gods owe us one from the Green Bay game. Hopefully it won't be in the playoffs.
Well that's my main point.

The win today put Seattle in a situation where a win @ SF on Thursday would put them in GREAT position, especially considering the schedule.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Also, being 4-2 just beating the Pats with magic from a rookie QB who played fantastic, in a game where the team can play much better all while the entire division lost... when the hell are we allowed to get giiddy? Just the Super Bowl and that's it? LOL
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's my main point.

The win today put Seattle in a situation where a win @ SF on Thursday would put them in GREAT position, especially considering the schedule.
Seattle must have thought they died and gone to heaven when they saw how utterly horrid those Pats DBs were. That move by Rice on the TD at the end of the game was one of those lame highschool moves guys try to use, usually pros don't fall for that.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Also, being 4-2 just beating the Pats with magic from a rookie QB who played fantastic, in a game where the team can play much better all while the entire division lost... when the hell are we allowed to get giiddy? Just the Super Bowl and that's it? LOL
OK. go crack open a bottle of Coca Cola and have yourself a good time.

It was one of those games for me that i was going back and forth having been a Patriots season ticket holder for 10 years.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
If we don't win this game i'm gonna have a Troy Barnes esque breakdown.
that's hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm not sure if you're not serious or not being remotely logical.
Russell Wilson is just a born winner. His will to stay in games is unparral...

**** it I can't keep that up. I'm being facetious, the seahawks defense is beastly and Wilson will be their undoing. I don't give a **** about his W-L record. That crap is the most overrated point for young QBs. Wilson is developing well, but he's still not anyone's first, second or third choice. That says a lot about Flynn as well.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
But if that's all he has ever done in 6 games I would agree with you but its not. He threw a ton of good balls on the sidelines and it isn't just the Pats they are going to do it a ton based on the offense design. The Touchdown to Baldwin was just crazy ball placement. Nobody is calling him elite or anything but saying he doesn't deserve to start isn't fair at all.
Meh, honestly you guys are just underestimating how terrible our secondary is. Enjoy the win, but Wilson still isn't a starting caliber QB. That was actually one of the more average performances I've seen against our secondary in a while, which really says something.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
OK. go crack open a bottle of Coca Cola and have yourself a good time.

It was one of those games for me that i was going back and forth having been a Patriots season ticket holder for 10 years.
Then your reservations make sense. I thought you were 100% a Seahawks fan.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Faith we have all been waiting for Sunday night. Time to watch Dexter, Homeland, Boardwalk, and the Walking Dead. New best day of the week.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Meh, honestly you guys are just underestimating how terrible our secondary is. Enjoy the win, but Wilson still isn't a starting caliber QB. That was actually one of the more average performances I've seen against our secondary in a while, which really says something.
Just a winning caliber QB on this particular day. And a guy who has made big strides from games 1-4 to games 5-6.

We'll count the win in the standings, but I think the record should really read:

W-L-Replacement Ref Wins-PatsSecondarysotheydon'tcountanddon'tgetexcitedfor yourrookieQBgoingfor300and3tdsbecausevinceyounghad goodstatsonceandthat'stotallyrelevant

2-2-1-1
Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just a winning caliber QB on this particular day. And a guy who has made big strides from games 1-4 to games 5-6.

We'll count the win in the standings, but I think the record should really read:

W-L-Replacement Ref Wins-PatsSecondarysotheydon'tcountanddon'tgetexcitedfor yourrookieQBgoingfor300and3tdsbecausevinceyounghad goodstatsonceandthat'stotallyrelevant

2-2-1-1
Not making excuses, the Pats lost they blew it. Doesn't change the fact that Russell Wilson isn't good. He's just another in a very long line of torching this secondary. Savor this, just like Dolphins fans did last year when they thought Chad Henne had turned the corner because he passed for 400 yards against us, because reality is going to punch you in the face next week against San Francisco.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two plays, two panicked, hurried decisions for Schaub. I still can't trust this guy.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excited to see Alex Green
Old 10-14-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

erm...rodgers....wtf are you doing?!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus christ, Rodgers. Dude can't throw the deep ball this year. Horribly inaccurate with it
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummmm.....what?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah ok...i'll take it.

RIP themaninblack
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell just happened?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

Whatever that penalty was it was costly.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Ok now that's the Rodgers I remember

perfect throw
Old 10-14-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

GB would be stupid to not try an onside kick in this situation with 20 free yards imo.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
GB would be stupid to not try an onside kick in this situation with 20 free yards imo.
good call.

RIP themaninblack
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Giants/49ers has potential as a new rivalry in the NFL.
New rivalry? The Giants and the Cowboys are more our rival than any team in our division, outside of maybe the Rams, but that's pushing it. We have a history of playing in big games in the playoffs against both those teams. In the 80's and early 90's, I felt like we were the unofficial 5th team in the NFC East, as we saw those teams every year in the playoffs almost. Redskins too. Big games with SB berths at stake is our history with those teams. Most Niner fans could care less about losing to the Cards or the 'Hawks but they absolutely break stuff if we lose to either the 'Boys or G-Men.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote