Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 10-06-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i'm a bit worried about tomorrow as well. Of course I was worried about the san francisco game as well as the detroit game. So I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Already one more win than last year. Crazy things happening right now.

I remember when I was super upset that we took Percy over Michael Oher. If the season ended today he'd have to get a few MVP votes.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Already one more win than last year. Crazy things happening right now.

I remember when I was super upset that we took Percy over Michael Oher. If the season ended today he'd have to get a few MVP votes.
Oh yea. I was right there with you, although my feeling was that LT was a bigger need and that there was no way in hell that Childress would use a guy like Harvin properly, and it's actually fairly safe to say that he didn't, but has instead really broken out with Musgrave as the play caller. Still, though, Harvin has been as good as he could possibly be. There are very few non-QB who I would take over Harvin right now.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Oh yea. I was right there with you, although my feeling was that LT was a bigger need and that there was no way in hell that Childress would use a guy like Harvin properly, and it's actually fairly safe to say that he didn't, but has instead really broken out with Musgrave as the play caller. Still, though, Harvin has been as good as he could possibly be. There are very few non-QB who I would take over Harvin right now.
At the time, McKinnie was playing semi-competently, so LT wasn't a big need, but RT was. At the time, I really wanted Oher, but in retrospect, Harvin was 100% the right choice.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
At the time, McKinnie was playing semi-competently, so LT wasn't a big need, but RT was. At the time, I really wanted Oher, but in retrospect, Harvin was 100% the right choice.
Ehhh...By that time I had developed a scathing hatred for McKinnie, so I wanted him replaced or at the very least kicked over to RT where his inability to stop speed rushers wouldn't be as big of a problem.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No suspension or fine for Harrison Smith.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
No suspension or fine for Harrison Smith.
That's good to hear. It would have been ******** for him to be suspended another game on top of missing almost the whole game yesterday. I did expect a small-ish fine though, just because that's something you absolutely cannot do. I'm guessing the NFL figured he was punished enough by having to sit out the rest of the game as well as it was a very slight push and the ref had been holding onto him for quite awhile.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-08-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Kind of surprised that he didn't get fined as well but Borat pointed out in the gameday thread that Justin Smith did the same thing a few years back with no penalty.

I have to say at the risk of sounding biased that I agree. 15 yard penalty fine but even getting ejected for that is kind of weak. You have to be smarter than that though.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ath-of-mother/

Quote:
Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen will be away from the team, after the sudden and unexpected death of his mother on Wednesday.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said Griffen’s mother was visiting her son in the Twin Cities when she died. The cause is not yet known. The Vikings were in meetings when Eden Prairie contacted the Vikings, and broke the news to Griffen.

“As you can imagine, it was tough,” Frazier said, via Judd Zulgad of 1500ESPN.com. “There was nothing that could have prepared him for that news. He wasn’t here [Thursday]. I’m not sure what his status will be going forward.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Sad news there. Just terrible to hear.

Vikings discussing extension with Loadholt

Not sure how I feel about this. Loadholt has been pretty good this year, but in the past he's struggled with holding and false starts, and he's also struggled big time with speed rushers. This quote sums up how I feel about him pretty much perfectly:

Quote:
"I would say (Loadholt)'s average, the middle of the pack," the personnel man said. "He is what he is at this stage. I don't think there's any more ascending potential. Resourceful player you can compete with as a starter. We know what his strengths and his weaknesses are.

"I think you can play with him as a starter, but I don't think you could play with five Phil Loadholts across the board and expect to be highly productive on the offensive line, because he does have some physical limitations."
As long as the deal is fairly cheap, and it should be as Pelissero points out, only 10 RTs make more than $3 mil per year, then I'd be okay with it.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So looks like we will be playing in London next September according to Adam Schefter.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
So looks like we will be playing in London next September according to Adam Schefter.
That was rumored this spring/summer when the new stadium was agreed to be built. They figured that one of the home games would be played there possibly in 2013 and 2014 while the stadium was being built. I'm okay with it since I'm not a season ticket holder or anything like that, but I could see those guys being pissed with losing a game.

EDIT: I hate playing these late games.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 10-14-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
That was rumored this spring/summer when the new stadium was agreed to be built. They figured that one of the home games would be played there possibly in 2013 and 2014 while the stadium was being built. I'm okay with it since I'm not a season ticket holder or anything like that, but I could see those guys being pissed with losing a game.

EDIT: I hate playing these late games.
Yeah, I mean it doesnt affect me either because I live in New York but I just hate these games out of the USA. I think they are a waste of time. England is a Soccer and Rugby country.. Most of the people there could care less about our Football.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Being that I figured that game was over when it was 31-12 I like that we were able to make that a game. Red zone possessions ending in FG's did us in.

Oh and RGIII. Because that dude is really good.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling RGIII is going to do to a lot of teams what he did to us.

Have to give a lot of props to Everson Griffen for suiting up today.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Being that I figured that game was over when it was 31-12 I like that we were able to make that a game. Red zone possessions ending in FG's did us in.

Oh and RGIII. Because that dude is really good.
That's one thing, is that this team doesn't quit. Just like the Indy game, down big and they kept fighting and got themselves back within striking distance. Not getting at least one TD in the first quarter really hurt, but even more so was how ****** they played in the second and third quarters hurt even more. The Redskins outscored them 24-3 and outgained them 240-76 in the 2nd and third quarters.

Meh. I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't impressed with RGIII as a passer. He can run, that's for damn sure, but almost all of his success passing the ball came off of play actions with all those zone reads that the defense could not stop. The linebackers were biting up to stop all those runs and that opened up the middle. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm guessing that over 100 of his 182 passing yards came on those plays. He didn't take any big hits this game, but if he runs as much, especially off of those zone reads, he's gonna take a lot of big hits which with a guy as thin as he is, will lead to a lot of injuries, ala Vick, which means games missed because of injuries, years off your career, and the possibility for a career ending injury.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

We did make it really easy on him as a passer, but these are the plays they've been running all year, and they've been working against almost everyone. There's no reason to change the gameplan that's been working. I think he's going to be able to make the throws he needs to when defenses start to adjust, if his college play is any indication.

It took us WAY too long to adjust to those in routes though. That was ridiculous. He would take the shotgun snap, look at one receiver and he'd be wide open on a 12 yard in route. It was ridiculous that we kept our CB's playing the way we did.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
We did make it really easy on him as a passer, but these are the plays they've been running all year, and they've been working against almost everyone. There's no reason to change the gameplan that's been working. I think he's going to be able to make the throws he needs to when defenses start to adjust, if his college play is any indication.

It took us WAY too long to adjust to those in routes though. That was ridiculous. He would take the shotgun snap, look at one receiver and he'd be wide open on a 12 yard in route. It was ridiculous that we kept our CB's playing the way we did.
Well yea, I'm not saying that it doesn't work/that they need to change their offense, but what I'm saying is that his passing didn't impress me today. Could he make adjustments as defenses adjust and stop that? Maybe, his college play was good, but how many QBs have had major success in spread systems in college but never adjusted to pocket passing in the NFL? Plenty. Hell, in recent years Vince Young was a top pick and looked great as a rookie in a similar offense but never adjusted once it came time to stand in the pocket and throw. Cam Newton looked amazing as a rookie in a spread-esque offense extremely similar to what the Skins are running, but he's struggling mightily this year as defenses are adjusting and the Panthers are also trying to transition to more of an NFL offense.

Griffin is a hell of an athlete and has all the talent in the world, but it's far from a certainty that he becomes a great QB in a pro style offense and if he continues playing in a spread offense where he's running a lot, he's going to take a lot of big hits(which I went into in depth in my last post, so I won't here).

I definitely agree, though, that the way the Vikes defense played them was piss poor. Alan Williams has done a hell of a job this season, but today not quite so much. The defense just shut them down in the first quarter and did well from late 3rd on minus RGIII's big run, but in between they looked terrible and didn't adjust to stop the zone read or the PA off the zone read. I have no idea why they had the corners playing off instead of up jamming at the line, especially Chris Cook, who is at his best when he's in press. That would take some pressure off the linebackers who wouldn't have to worry about the wide receivers getting on them so quick across the middle and it would have allowed them to play a little closer to the line to stop the zone read better.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do the season ticket holders here feel about the vikings playing a game in london next year?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome game by AD and the defense. Harrison Smith was an extremely underrated pick. Got to give Spielman credit for that call.

Ponder looks like he has really regressed since the start of this season. I don't know what it is. He should be throwing the ball away or taking sacks on some of those throws.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Awesome game by AD and the defense. Harrison Smith was an extremely underrated pick. Got to give Spielman credit for that call.

Ponder looks like he has really regressed since the start of this season. I don't know what it is. He should be throwing the ball away or taking sacks on some of those throws.
Yeah it looks like he feels like he has to make the play when he doesn't. Sometimes throwing the ball out of bounds is the best play. Also we dodged a bullet with the end of the 1st half.. We should have just kneed the ball down and went into half time. Bad judgement on the Coaching Staff and Ponder on that one.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Ponder didn't play well. But let's please not ignore the fact that he had absolutely no time to throw all game long. As solid as the run blocking was the pass blocking was just atrocious.

And we made very little effort to get Harvin the ball, did we run a single screen for him? Didn't get that at all.

But good teams find ways to win even when they don't play their best. It wasn't pretty but it counts just the same.

Last edited by yo123 : 10-21-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Arizona has a terrifying defensive line that is one of the best in the league. I'll chalk it up to that. Still not very impressed with the line though. Still hope we continue to make it a priority in the first three rounds of the draft next year. Johnson and Fusco leave much to be desired.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

One thing we're doing better than I can remember us doing in recent memory is kick/punt coverage. Kluwe has been kinda ****** distance wise but he's angling his kicks to the corners and our coverage is doing a fantastic job of keeping contain and keeping the returner on the short side of the field.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ponder was simply horrible yesterday. You can blame the OL all you want, but there's no way we can hold on to any playoff spot when he plays like that. Bad throws, bad decisions, bad mobility, bad everything. I don't think he made a single positive play the entire game. We were extremely lucky that Arizona's offense is as bad as it is.

As good as Ponder looked early on in the season, I'm worried/convinced that he's regressing again and we are headed to a late season disaster collapse. It's just completely obvious decisions that he is getting wrong and it's fairly concerning.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote