Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-14-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh. Eh, who cares. Why jeopardize injuries for a record? You know my motto, just win. **** stats.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh. Eh, who cares. Why jeopardize injuries for a record? You know my motto, just win. **** stats.
Ohh come on BBD. He needed 7 yards. We ran a million runs in a row. Whatever though this team is frustrating but so enjoyable.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ohh come on BBD. He needed 7 yards. We ran a million runs in a row. Whatever though this team is frustrating but so enjoyable.
Oh, well in that case we were dumb. But whatever. Eli is going to the HOF, don't worry about it.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyway real quick random thoughts.

The OL is back. What a game. I'm sorry Forenci. Beatty is the real deal.

Kiwi on the DL was huge. He was excellent and the LB's were fine without him. Thanks for adjusting Perry.

Rolle's best game as a Giant. Huge without Kenny. At the end of the day Antrel was balling.

Nicks looks hurt still. I'm a little scared hopefully he just continues to heal.

Wilson is explosive. I didn't like the pick but I was wrong as usual. 20 carries for him is going to get us yards. The field position he will give us is even better. DANGEROUS.

Eli is a stud.

Cruz just a cocksmain. How do we get them both signed long term?

JPP amazing as always. His numbers will be there like we've all been saying.

Prince slowly turning. If he stays healthy Reese nails it again.

I think I noticed Fewell changing it up the most out of all of the things you've said. He used Jacquain a lot more, rotated ends, and shifted our DL in to DT occasionally. Once Rivers comes back we can roll with a much better coverage linebacker/blitzing group. Kiwi is not good enough in space, so now we just have more depth at DE, so I feel like we will waive Ojomo when Canty comes back.

I still don't understand why we were lining up in 1 and 2 WR sets so often, we could've been a lot easier on ourselves with the 4 and 5 WR sets but whatever, we knew they'd be susceptible to the pass. Wilson needs to be weaned into more carries, he's just too good at eating up space to keep him on the bench.

We can be scary good if we have a good gameplan and play players where they should play. It took us a while to get on the right foot, but I think this game was it.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers was in today but Perry might have had his best game as a coach.

You were right about the spread even though we didn't do it. Willis was off the field when we went that way. Excellent film work!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli had like 40 games or more with 200+ plus passing yards. We could have continued it easily but the staff was lazy.
7 freaking yards! You know if it was the Saints and Drew Brees they'd be going out of the way to get him the record or continue it! I am glad we won, but god damn man!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Perry Fewell and the defensive side of the ball, but MAJOR props today. They played like I wish they would play on a consistent basis! Now please don't lay an egg against the redskins and Bob.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh, well in that case we were dumb. But whatever. Eli is going to the HOF, don't worry about it.
He better get in there. He's so sexy I get a semi just thinking about him.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
7 freaking yards! You know if it was the Saints and Drew Brees they'd be going out of the way to get him the record or continue it! I am glad we won, but god damn man!
Let Brees and the 1-4 Saints have their pointless stats. Eli will just keep on crushing in the only stat that really matter - wins.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Let Brees and the 1-4 Saints have their pointless stats. Eli will just keep on crushing in the only stat that really matter - wins.
We had the game well in hand. It's not like we would have lost going out of our way to give him 7 freaking yards, lol.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
We had the game well in hand. It's not like we would have lost going out of our way to give him 7 freaking yards, lol.
No I agree with that, It would have been easy to just throw a slant for 7 yards or something. But obviously the Coaching staff and Eli himself I would believe, doesn't care about stats. And I kinda like that.

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rivers was in today but Perry might have had his best game as a coach.

You were right about the spread even though we didn't do it. Willis was off the field when we went that way. Excellent film work!
Yeah i did see that, but we did it like what...4 times? And even then I don't think we took out Bennett. San Fran just doesn't have the depth (quite frankly I don't think anyone does) to match up against us because we now have 5 proven guys who have operated in this system in an actual game and each have gotten nearly 100 yards this season in a single game.

I forgot to mention how good the hynocerous has been lately, sure he's had bad plays but overall we nabbed a good FB with ability to be a passcatcher. No more Jim Finn or Madison Bushpenis dropping a 3 yrd outlet pass.

Oh yeah and I'm glad we've stopped being cute with Wilson and trying gadget plays, look whats happened. He gains yards ! We're usually not good at those plays because our OL isn't athletic enough, so going to traditional running strategy is probably better. What is great is that if there is a hole even for a second or two he can hit it and not be touched. Thats a big difference between bradshaw and wilson (and any other back we've had in recent history). Man i love the speed.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

At least we're arguing about getting 7 more passing yards and not other things.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
At least we're arguing about getting 7 more passing yards and not other things.
honestly i don't give a crap, every analyst picked the 49ers and Kurt Warner ate crow. Eli is a 2 time superbowl winning mvp and a bad ass mother ******

edit: he's also a sexy beast

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
honestly i don't give a crap, every analyst picked the 49ers and Kurt Warner ate crow. Eli is a 2 time superbowl winning mvp and a bad ass mother ******

edit: he's also a sexy beast

haha, yeah I saw that on NFLN earlier today. Kurt Warner is no longer believeable when he talks about Eli. He lets his personal emotions get in the way of his new job as an independent analyst.

and the picture: Rawr

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No I agree with that, It would have been easy to just throw a slant for 7 yards or something. But obviously the Coaching staff and Eli himself I would believe, doesn't care about stats. And I kinda like that.
I am sure they don't but still. It was a nice streak. It just pisses me off to know end. Sometimes I really do wish we could run a new system. Just watching that one goal line red zone series where the QB and Wr were not on the same page. And do we have any other red zone plays other than cramming the ball with the CB draped on the WR? Any slant, drag, or inside screen? I am really tired of that stupid fade. It's not like we have Burress any more.

As a guy who coached on the offensive side of the ball, kicking FGs drives me bonkers!! It's like a pet peeve!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like what our D did but like, it's not like we faced an all pro offense. Somehow we shut down gore. their top 5 OL was off, and we took advantage. I'm most impressed by how we shut down Vernon. But I was never scared of Smith. They were successful the first few drives by literally throwing it 7 yards in the air max (outside of the Moss pass). we tightened up, they got stuffed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I've said it every season. Every year I worry about 2 things.

1. Injuries
2. DC and that side of the ball

If the D and Fewell do well, this is how good we can be! I am very surprised we won but I wouldn't be surprised if we got beat by the redskins. I don't trust that side of the ball. One game good, and next winnable game, we can get smoked badly!!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Some quick thoughts:

-I hate Perry Fewell, but he did a great job today. What he did a great job of was disguising coverages. Ran a lot of different looks, a lot of Cover 2 invert, Cover 3 invert, mixed man and zone, did a great job with his coverages. The pass rush worked with 4 bc the guys up front picked their games up, and Fewell did a much better job with his personnel packages, using Williams a lot was huge, moving Kiwi to the DL, using an occasional blitz, he did an excellent job today.

Let's not forget though, execution was a big factor in that. The Giants came to play today, and Fewell can call the perfect game, if they don't execute, it means nothing. Today they executed. And he did a better job of putting them in positions to succeed.

-Again, Jacquan Williams had a great game. He needs to see the field more.

-Tackling. MUCH better. It's amazing how much better your defense looks when it can tackle right? Like I said earlier, they came to play today.

-OL did a good job. Not great though. SF got pressure most of the day, it's just that towards the end SF gave up. Our offense did ok, but our defense won the game.

-Nicks is still hurt. He was a decoy out there.

-I didn't like how Eli was zoning in on Cruz a little too much today. Him and Cruz had a bunch of miscommunication today.

-Bradshaw is running like he's afraid of losing his job. It's about time.

-Osi...please set the edge once in your life.

-Tuck didn't do **** again. To be fair, I have to watch the game again to see if he did more than I'm initially giving him credit for.

-JPP and Kiwi had great games. As did Joseph. Those 3 brought it today. Osi did great rushing the passer as well.

-Hixon had a great game. I'm disappointed Eli shied away from him so much and focused too much on Cruz.

-Wilson is gonna be special. It's just a matter of when the coaching staff feels comfortable giving him his opportunities.

-Prince has been great this year. Lockdown CB. He got Moss'd once, but it was more on Rolle than Prince.

-Speaking of which, Rolle had arguably his best game as a Giant today. Amazing game.

-Alex Smith left ALOT of plays on the field. I saw several times he had guys wide open downfield on PA pass, but he's captain checkdown and didn't have the guts to pull the trigger. This was early in the game. If he hits his guys, this could have been a different game.

-Moss still has it, he just doesn't have a qb who can get him the ball downfield.

-Webster had another bad day for the most part. He got beat bad by Mario, but again, Alex Smith couldn't hit his man downfield. Like I said, if Alex Smith could just deliver the ball downfield, this could have been a different game.

-We're 4-2, the next 2 games are HUGE. Have to win these division games, we can't afford to lose anymore division games.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could totally see us losing to the skins and beating the cowboys. I'm expect a win in Dallas, but next week just seems like the ultimate trap game, division opponent, at home, after this 9ers stomping the week before going down to Dallas, etc. I think we should be able to pull it off cause Washington's defense is terrible right now and we've done pretty well with mobile QBs, but that game makes me extremely nervous.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I could totally see us losing to the skins and beating the cowboys. I'm expect a win in Dallas, but next week just seems like the ultimate trap game, division opponent, at home, after this 9ers stomping the week before going down to Dallas, etc. I think we should be able to pull it off cause Washington's defense is terrible right now and we've done pretty well with mobile QBs, but that game makes me extremely nervous.
Well you were spot on with your predictions over these last three games, so I can't really disagree :) But if the Coughlin stats holds up, we will win our next two games and get off to our regular 6-2 start, before we start our inevitable november collapse with losses to the Steelers and Bengals. Luckily we have our bye week in november this year!

Quote:
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Now that's the offensive philosophy I like in a way. Just that aggressive we are going to score every single drive. YOU stop us! No freaking clock killing, quarter killing mentality. It is amazing the numbers Aaron Rodgers puts up in MUCH less passing attempts than Brees. It's just amazing.

6 freaking TDs. If we ever let ELi do that i'd bust the biggest nut in my pants!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now that's the offensive philosophy I like in a way. Just that aggressive we are going to score every single drive. YOU stop us! No freaking clock killing, quarter killing mentality. It is amazing the numbers Aaron Rodgers puts up in MUCH less passing attempts than Brees. It's just amazing.

6 freaking TDs. If we ever let ELi do that i'd bust the biggest nut in my pants!
We're doing better than the packers this year, did better last year and our second most recent SB is only 5 years ago, I'd say Coughlin and co are doing it right.

Quote:
Well you were spot on with your predictions over these last three games, so I can't really disagree :) But if the Coughlin stats holds up, we will win our next two games and get off to our regular 6-2 start, before we start our inevitable november collapse with losses to the Steelers and Bengals. Luckily we have our bye week in november this year!
I think you're probably right, but this washington game is going to be a lot like the Browns game, where we're going to come out flat and they're going to have to slap us around until the team shows up.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

WHO CARES

I rather play conservative and not give my opponents more film to study.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was upset I didn't get to see much of the game but thankfully you guys always give a great breakdown. A great win.

Not to mention the Cowboys and Eagles both lost. We've got a great shot at winning the division. Vick is terrible and the Cowboys are so hit or miss.