Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-16-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Nice wins

It's very cool to see the team doing well. I agree with America that next week will be a telling game. It's ironic that when Peyton leaves our division he still appears on our schedule. He's very familiar with this team and will give us a good challenge. I'll be watching tomorrow nights game to get a better idea of what we're facing next week. The Broncos looked good in the opener against Pittsburg and should keep improving.

Today was a dominant performance on the ground. I'm really impressed with our discipline and think Newton has done a good job of replacing Winston. JJ Watt is beasting, nothing unexpected there. Our D looks solid. Seeing Miami dominate Oakland reflects well on our win. Didn't really see Miami beating Oakland after the thumping we gave them, but they surprised me. We held the Dolphins top two rushers to 80 yds. and today Bush leads the league in rushing. Wonder what that says about our defense.

I think we can beat the Broncos. I'm really excited to see what happens next week. It should be a great game.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team is solid everywhere, as long as Andre is healthy.

BTW, JJ Watt is underrated. A 3-4 DE is not supposed to be that disruptive. He changes everything. His stats dont tell the story of what a difference he makes. He is an absolute bad azz. His presence should not be underrated.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really see the same Peyton against the Falcons that I'm used to seeing. I know Atlanta is a tough team, but we are also now a good team as well. I think we can take the Broncos. Our defense is stout and our offense can move the ball. Denver lost the monday night game and has a short week to prep for us. We present a big obstacle to the Broncos playoff aspirations. Thats something I've always wanted to say.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Titans are going down!! Thats all.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You said it datchapin. Watt for DPOY.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, is there anyone on defense playing as well as JJ Watt? What a beast.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the local radio personalities (Mike Rhyner of The Ticket) said he picked JJ Watt for DPOY before the season started. I thought JJ Watt was amazing, but I couldn't see a 3-4 DE being able to make enough stats to win the award, just because of where they line up and what their job is. The only 3-4 DE I ever remember turning in crazy enough stats to garner votes for an award is Bruce Smith

Well, I don't know much. Cause JJ is absolutely the best player in the NFL right now. Demarcus Ware and a few others may have something to say about it, but JJ is blowing it up every game.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Do you guys think JJ Watt would be a good fit at #1? I guess Antonio Smith will be taking over the 5 technique though although it's up for grabs how well he would perform. He seems like the perfect character guy that the Texans always go after.
I am even more proud of calling this a few days before we drafted him after how well he has done.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little scary how we didn't finish off drives with TD's. GB isn't going to let that go like the Jets did. I don't know if we slacked off in the second half or what but we didn't play very well in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I also hope Cushing is alright. The game ended with me wanting to renew my vows with JJ Watt. "YOU CAN'T TRY AND THROW THE BALL OVER MY HEAD!"
Old 10-09-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ Watt is the most dominant defensive player in the game today no question. Former Badger, he should have stayed in-state to the Packers dammit.

We lost our running game this week with the foot injury to Cedric Benson. We finally were starting to get the run going with this guy who has been very durable..... until coming to us. He'll be out at least 2 months, maybe the season.

BJ Raji & Jermichael Finley may miss this game too.

That hit on Brian Cushing by Slausen of the Jets was A) cheap, B) dirty, and C) should get the guy fined & suspended.
I don't understand why announcers didn't make more of a big deal about the cheap shot. Hits like that DO cause injuries, far more than taps to QBs helmets.

Sounds like Cushing might be done for the year with it being the dreaded ACL.

We are horrible right now by the way. Our defense managed to make Donald Brown look good Sunday.
Yes Don Brown. That's not an easy thing to do.

As good as we made him look, Foster could challenge Adrian Peterson's single game rushing record this week. 250 yards would not surprise me unless Capers totally focuses on stopping the run. Then Andre Johnson will go off for 200+, as the old Reggie Wayne just did to us Sunday.

I'd make the Texans a 12 point favorite.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Wow that was pathetic. I think the only people that cared were Andre, Watt, and Braman. That was it. Everyone else thought they would breeze right by the Packers since they lost to the Colts.

Schaub was downright awful and even when he had a chance to throw. The worst was when he just threw it into the ground and walked off the field even with no pressure around him at all. It was like a little baby pouting that he didn't get his way so he was going to quit. Then AJ Hawk puts a pinky on him and he dives to the ground in hope of not having to endure more pain than that poke.

Johnathan Josepth was pathetic. I don't know what happened to him. Granted, there were plays where Rodgers had a lot of time back there.

Now other defenses are going to see what the packers did with double and triple teaming Watt and making Smith and Cody beat us. Our LB's couldn't get much pressure other than Reed. I was disagreeing with people and saying we could make up for Cushing, but dang, this game proved me wrong big time.

Forsett had a couple of nice runs even though it was in garbage time.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow that was pathetic. I think the only people that cared were Andre, Watt, and Braman. That was it. Everyone else thought they would breeze right by the Packers since they lost to the Colts.

Schaub was downright awful and even when he had a chance to throw. The worst was when he just threw it into the ground and walked off the field even with no pressure around him at all. It was like a little baby pouting that he didn't get his way so he was going to quit. Then AJ Hawk puts a pinky on him and he dives to the ground in hope of not having to endure more pain than that poke.

Johnathan Josepth was pathetic. I don't know what happened to him. Granted, there were plays where Rodgers had a lot of time back there.

Now other defenses are going to see what the packers did with double and triple teaming Watt and making Smith and Cody beat us. Our LB's couldn't get much pressure other than Reed. I was disagreeing with people and saying we could make up for Cushing, but dang, this game proved me wrong big time.

Forsett had a couple of nice runs even though it was in garbage time.
That was the biggest WTF moment for me. Granted it was a bad situation, but to not even try to get the 1st down? That's just unacceptable.

Our defense is like night and day now that Cushing's out. This lineup is simply not working. With Cushing out we need to find a way to get our best players possible out there on the field. Call me crazy but I'm up for moving Barwin to ILB so we can get Mercilus on the field at OLB. What's up with this guy? Why haven't we seen more of him besides in garbage time? I was hoping we could use him similarly to how the 49ers used Aldon Smith last season.

Having fresh legs and a good rotation would at least benefit our pass rush which was, outside of JJ Watt and Brooks Reed, non existant tonight. I don't know if Joseph's playing with an injury or what but he just hasn't looked like himself out there. Without a pass rush, our secondary can be exposed, this area needs to be addressed ASAP.

Andre's also not looking like the player he once was out there. I don't know if it's simply age/wear or what but that's just reinforcing the fact that we will need to draft a WR early next year.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
That was the biggest WTF moment for me. Granted it was a bad situation, but to not even try to get the 1st down? That's just unacceptable.

Our defense is like night and day now that Cushing's out. This lineup is simply not working. With Cushing out we need to find a way to get our best players possible out there on the field. Call me crazy but I'm up for moving Barwin to ILB so we can get Mercilus on the field at OLB. What's up with this guy? Why haven't we seen more of him besides in garbage time? I was hoping we could use him similarly to how the 49ers used Aldon Smith last season.

Having fresh legs and a good rotation would at least benefit our pass rush which was, outside of JJ Watt and Brooks Reed, non existant tonight. I don't know if Joseph's playing with an injury or what but he just hasn't looked like himself out there. Without a pass rush, our secondary can be exposed, this area needs to be addressed ASAP.

Andre's also not looking like the player he once was out there. I don't know if it's simply age/wear or what but that's just reinforcing the fact that we will need to draft a WR early next year.
I have been wondering the same thing about Mercilus. We draft him in the first round and then he doesn't even see the field. I already wished we would have drafted Zeitler or Glenn instead and not letting Mercilus play shows it even more.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

JJ didn't have a sack... :(
Old 10-23-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
JJ didn't have a sack... :(
We will see how much the other guys step up. I am sure Watt is going to have the same thing happen that Baltimore did and that he is going to see double teams every play. It should leave open for Smith to get more sacks.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We will see how much the other guys step up. I am sure Watt is going to have the same thing happen that Baltimore did and that he is going to see double teams every play. It should leave open for Smith to get more sacks.
Ninja Assassin! Now that Watt's receiving additional attention the other guys are stepping up and making plays. It was nice to see Antonio Smith and Barwin make some impact plays last week. Whitney Mercilus also had a sack and looked pretty good when I was watching him.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Finally Mercilus saw some good playing time!

Since we have a bye week and Scott updated the mock, I figured I would bring up the draft. Say we stay where Scott has us picking, do you think we could start using something Denver and NE have with 2 TE sets and have Owen and Eiffert on the field at the same time? I usually hate when we constantly pick TE's but Eiffert is a beast and the top WR's are more likely gone. I would love to see Justin Hunter slide, and I am not sure how I feel yet about Terrance Williams. OL would be a great selection as well but I thought up the scenario while reading Scott's selections.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 10-28-2012 at 04:00 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Not as big of a game from our offense as I thought although they did just enough to win. I definitely like that we got Andre going. We need to keep that going and especially against Chicago.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Crazy game against the Bears. Can't make too many comments since the weather made just about everyone on offense be horrible other than Foster.

Why won't we play Mercilus? We basically used a first rounder on a special teams starter. We at least could have picked Zietler or Glenn.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Crazy game against the Bears. Can't make too many comments since the weather made just about everyone on offense be horrible other than Foster.

Why won't we play Mercilus? We basically used a first rounder on a special teams starter. We at least could have picked Zietler or Glenn.
Must be something internal they aren't keen on telling anyone in the media. The ability is clearly there, yet we never play him on defense.

Time to start thinking up conspiracy theories...
Old 11-18-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Must be something internal they aren't keen on telling anyone in the media. The ability is clearly there, yet we never play him on defense.

Time to start thinking up conspiracy theories...
Seriously! It seems like he makes big plays the few snaps he gets but we never play him much. It doesn't make sense.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Andre. That was ridiculous.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Andre. That was ridiculous.
I would be even happier but of course in my Yahoo pro league, I am playing against the team that has Andre. :( He definitely had a great game. One of the few players on the team that played great today. Dobbins took some awful persuits to the ball, Kareem Jackson got beat badly, Quinn missed tackles, Schaub had bad throws, Foster with the fumble that almost cost us, and the whole OL was terrible.

I have said it for a couple of times here but I am glad Forsett is seeing a little more action. He has been productive the few touches he has got. I think you could probably see Tate traded in the draft before he becomes a free agent in 2014.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-18-2012 at 11:28 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Not a good sign that we had so much trouble with the Jags, but at least we pulled out the W. A lot of Henne's success is likely due to the "coming off the bench" effect since the defense gameplanned for Gabbert.

All in all, this was a really beneficial game for us as a team in my opinion. There's been a lot of talk that Schaub's a game manager since we've had the luxury of playing with a lead for most games this season and he hasn't been asked to do a whole lot. It's good to see that he's capable of carrying the offense when we need him to. Having that capability in our back pocket really makes us a dangerous team and differentiates us from other teams with strong running games and good defenses. The 49ers, Seahawks, and Bears are all great teams but if their defense falters, their offense isn't built to win in a shootout.

While I sincerely hope our defense can put together a better game than they did this weekend throughout the rest of the season, it is encouraging to see that we can lean on our passing game when we need to. This is a well-rounded team that can win in a lot of different ways.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

This isn't going good for our defense. First Cushing, then Johnathan Josepth has missed time, and now Brooks Reed is out about 3-4 weeks. I believe Dobbins is injured too.