Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percy's missed like three games in 4 years, and most of that was because of his migraine issues. It's not like he's Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Percy's missed like three games in 4 years, and most of that was because of his migraine issues. It's not like he's Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt here.
Ouch that hurts, Hakeem has only missed 11 games in 4 seasons... :/

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
cmon dude... no.
You just said Marshawn Lynch is better than AD so don't pretend like I'm the unreasonable one.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Andre Johnson never had 10 TDs in a single season, but no one ever bothered to question him based on that.
Speak for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
You just said Marshawn Lynch is better than AD so don't pretend like I'm the unreasonable one.
That was not a ridiculous statement. Lynch is an animal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbinger is the best slot receiver in the league. Has been since last year. With that said, it's still hard to compare him to the elite outside receivers in the league. He has 99/1,121/7 over his last 12 games, which is pretty ridiculous.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
His monetary value is difficult to project bc he's injury prone, but I absolutely view him as an asset to the team.
I don't think there is a bigger mis-conception in the entire league right now other then "Percy Harvin is injury prone". I guess I'll just never understand that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ponder is not our most important player. It's Percy by a mile. Ponder plays the most important position.

Percy is a top 10 player in the league. He isn't just an inside threat either, he has been really good on the outside all year as well. He is the most dynamic weapon in the league as well as the most versatile.
Yeah, no he's not. Considering how important the quarterback position is in this league, I'd say 6 or 7 of the top 10 players in this league are quarterbacks. That would mean that Harvin is one of the top 3-4 non-quaterbacks in the league, and that's just silly beans.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there has been a ton of stupid **** said on this board, but Percy Harvin as a top 10 player in the league has to be up there among the dumbest. I actually like Harvin, he's one of the few Vikings I can say that about, but he's not even top 10 at his own position.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I know there has been a ton of stupid **** said on this board, but Percy Harvin as a top 10 player in the league has to be up there among the dumbest. I actually like Harvin, he's one of the few Vikings I can say that about, but he's not even top 10 at his own position.
I disagree with the last part you wrote, but you are correct in saying he's not a top ten overall player.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Harvin is absolutely a top 10 receiver right now. He's on pace for 131 catches and 1400 yards right now. People were sure as hell putting Welker in the top 10 when he was putting up those numbers with a MUCH better QB and in a much better offense.

Top 10 player is pushing it. Top 10 skill position I can definitely see.

Last edited by yo123 : 10-15-2012 at 02:28 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Percy Harvin a top 10 player in the league, hahahhahaahaaha!

The dude is a beast, but that is just blind homerism.

He's probably top 30-40, at best.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Harvin in NE's offense. He would be insane.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah top 10 in the league was a little over the top, but I see no reason why he isn't a top 10 skill position player. I can't think of 10 players I would rather have at WR, RB, or TE. He is great at everything. He is tougher than nails.

Not acknowledging him as even a top 10 receiver is pretty much an admittance that you don't watch him.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah top 10 in the league was a little over the top, but I see no reason why he isn't a top 10 skill position player. I can't think of 10 players I would rather have at WR, RB, or TE. He is great at everythingay. He is tougher than nails.

Not acknowledging him as even a top 10 receiver is pretty much an admittance that you don't watch him.
I watch the Vikings almost every week (I have no choice, frankly). He's having a great season, so if you want to say he's a top 10 WR or even top 10 skill player right now I have no problem with that, although those distinctions are usually pretty arbitrary.

What's not even remotely up for debate is the idea that he is a top 10 player overall. That list includes about 7-8 quarterbacks, 2-3 defensive players (J.J. Watt, Patrick Peterson, Vince Wilfork, Haloti Ngata...you pick), and maybe Calvin Johnson.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 10-15-2012 at 04:50 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Harvin is literally bust proof, you can have wr shut down in the game, Percy will always get his, and he can contribute to return yards/field position, just as a matchup problem, coverages are all based on him, decoy, reverses, contribute as rb, cannot stop his screens too much burst, I would put him top 5 because hes bust proof, He can impact the game in so many ways, some games even the best wr get shut out, unlike them, Percy is bust proof.
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jamaal Charles, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White.

Eleven skill position players i'd take over Percy Harvin.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I crazy or is DB not a "skill" position too? If so no chance I'd rank Harvin there. I think he's on the cusp of being a top five guy though at receiver.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 10-15-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually when people say skill positions, they refer only to offense. RB/WR/TE
Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, Jamaal Charles, Larry Fitzgerald, Roddy White.

And guys like Nicks, Cruz, Marshall, Wayne, MJD, Spiller, not-suspended-Kenny Britt, Mike Wallace and Reggie Bush have cases as well, some more than others.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
And guys like Nicks, Cruz, Marshall, Wayne, MJD, Spiller, not-suspended-Kenny Britt, Mike Wallace and Reggie Bush have cases as well, some more than others.
Yep, he's in that next tier with all those guys and you can make a case to rank a handful of those guys ahead of him, too.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nope, nope, nope, yes, yes, maybe, maybe, maybe, nope, yes, nope. As for Rosebud's list...

Nicks- Nope
Cruz- Nope
Marshall- Nope
Wayne- Nope
MJD- Nope
Spiller- Nope
Britt- Nope
Mike Wallace- Nope
Reggie Bush- hahahahaha

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You'd take Percy ******* Harvin over every running back in the NFL? That's ******* ********. I don't even know why i take you serious sometimes.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'd take Percy ******* Harvin over every running back in the NFL? That's ******* ********. I don't even know why i take you serious sometimes.
The only acceptable excuses for taking Brodie seriously are sever intoxication, brain damage and trauma-related amnesia.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's a fair list, but I think I definitely think Roddy, Charles, Graham, and Jones (for now) are debatable.

And Rosebud....you're better than that list....
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
That's a fair list, but I think I definitely think Roddy, Charles, Graham, and Jones (for now) are debatable.

And Rosebud....you're better than that list....
I would have a very hard time saying that Harvin was clearly better than Cruz, Nicks, MJD and Wayne.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: