Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ray Lewis

Torn tricep will likely keep Ray out for the year and at 37 it will be tough for him to come back from this injury.

It sucks because I wanted to see Lewis and Reed get one more shot at a title and they definitely had a legitimate chance this year before the slew of injuries the Ravens sustained yesterday. Unfotunately Lee Evans may have cost them their best shot last year but that is neither here, nor there.

If this is indeed the last we see of Ray it's a tough way for him to go out. It was hard to imagine his body holding up much longer with the way he played though. I think most people on here grew up watching number 52 strike fear into offenses hearts week after week and you would be hard pressed to find a football fan out there who didn't admire Ray Lewis for the way he played. One of the greatest of all time and also one of the greatest leaders. I don't think we'll ever see anyone else who can deliver a pump up speech like he could. Hope this isn't the end for him but in case it is, what are some of your favourite Ray moments? Countless great videos out there of him that I could probably spend all day watching.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? I didn't realize it was that bad.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before he got hurt, Ray had one of the hardest, clean hits I've seen this season yesterday.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah its sad. While he has lost a step in recent seasons, we are probably witnessing the end of a career for one of the all time greats in that position.

You can go ahead and get that spot in Canton all ready for him.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Before he got hurt, Ray had one of the hardest, clean hits I've seen this season yesterday.

Maybe the homer in me is being too optimistic but it would surprise me very much if he decided to walk away because of this injury. It's not a leg injury that really would effect how well he can run to the ball. Just the way that man is wired, he thrives on overcoming pain and obstacles. Probably sees this as a challenge. It's hard for me to see Ray leaving the game on anything but his own terms.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Maybe the homer in me is being too optimistic but it would surprise me very much if he decided to walk away because of this injury. It's not a leg injury that really would effect how well he can run to the ball. Just the way that man is wired, he thrives on overcoming pain and obstacles. Probably sees this as a challenge. It's hard for me to see Ray leaving the game on anything but his own terms.
I feel the same way but at 37 this year and now with a long road to recovery it's hard to imagine even if he makes it back that he'll have anywhere near the same impact. He had already lost a step prior to yesterday so as sad as it is to say even if he comes back, I think it's safe to say this is the last we've truly seen of the Ray Lewis we know.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cute, kid. (Love this commercial)
Also, I hope he makes a quick and full recovery.
Dude's a beast.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Even though that was Phillip Tanner... it was a beautiful stuff. I remember seeing that and saying "F'n Ray"...

On closer review though, Doug Free did an excellent job blocking the tushy of our RG Mackenzy Bernadeau! Woohoo!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I feel the same way but at 37 this year and now with a long road to recovery it's hard to imagine even if he makes it back that he'll have anywhere near the same impact. He had already lost a step prior to yesterday so as sad as it is to say even if he comes back, I think it's safe to say this is the last we've truly seen of the Ray Lewis we know.
Don't really agree with any of this. Reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. The D as a whole was struggling but individually, Ray was playing some of his best football in years at his new, lighter weight. The issue with Ray as he ages is still 'can he run'. This injury will have no effect on that.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray has been a JAG LB for about 3 seasons, IMO it's time for him to hang it up.

It's hard watching him slow to read and react, slow to the hole, or getting blasted by guards, TEs and RBs.

The man who could stone Eddie George one on one in the open field doesn't exist anymore.

Lewis gave the Ravens an identity, and they will always be known for how well they play defense. He set a standard future players and coaches in Baltimore will strive to achieve.

Don't know if Ray is the GOAT at MLB, but I can't really make a list of any who made more plays at all three levels of football field like Lewis did in his prime.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Just knowing the way he functions, I'm certain he won't let this the way he goes out but as much as I want to see him out there again, I only want to see him out there if he can still play at that high level. With age and injuries all factoring in I'm not sure that will be possible, no matter how well he takes care of his body. At 38 and playing such a smash mouth style for the entirety of his career it's starting to take its toll on him.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Ray has been a JAG LB for about 3 seasons, IMO it's time for him to hang it up.
Forum management is currently discussing whether or not this warrants an immediate ban for disgustingly blasphemous football talk.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Lewis is the greatest middle linebacker of all time. And the greatest leader of all time.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is going to be a sad day when Ray Lewis walks away from football. I am a Pats fan and I can say that I still hate that we have to play against him, but I still kind of wish he could play forever. If that makes sense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Ray Lewis is the greatest middle linebacker of all time. And the greatest leader of all time.
This. The leadership thing gets talked about too much for some guys. This is one where the man lives up to the legend.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he was done as soon as his kid started playing at the U which is next year unless he RS.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may very well be done. He can go watch his son play for a few years and then get inducted into Canton.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how I feel reading this thread:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
eltwentyone
Rookie

eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.eltwentyone wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

He has to hit the juice harder, he will back
eltwentyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I has a sad......Ray Lewis is one of my favorite players of all time. Why I tried so hard to be a MLB in HS even though I was absolutely terrible at it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to believe this will be the end of Ray Lewis. Just can't even imagine it.

He won't want to go out like this. He'll fight like hell to get back on the field next season. I really hope he only does if he can still play though. A washed up Ray Lewis is something I simply never want to see.

Havnt looked at the Steelers board yet to see what they're saying. Don't really want to. From a group of fans that many think Farrior was as good as Lewis in their primes, I don't even want to see the things theyre saying about quite possibly the best MLB of all time, certainly the best I've ever seen.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I refuse to believe this will be the end of Ray Lewis. Just can't even imagine it.

He won't want to go out like this. He'll fight like hell to get back on the field next season. I really hope he only does if he can still play though. A washed up Ray Lewis is something I simply never want to see.

Havnt looked at the Steelers board yet to see what they're saying. Don't really want to. From a group of fans that many think Farrior was as good as Lewis in their primes, I don't even want to see the things theyre saying about quite possibly the best MLB of all time, certainly the best I've ever seen.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've felt empty all day when I heard. I this may or may not be the end, but it helps that its not a leg injury like Tackle said. If he wants to come back, we will always have a spot for him.

I don't like to compare between eras, so I'll just say that Ray is the best LB of his era and one of the best defensive players too. One of the top leaders of all time too. He is a leader of men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This hit me as hard as any game ever. Including 2006 VS. the colts and the most recent playoff game vs. the Pats. There will always be other years for the team but there will never be another Ray. His credentials are amazing. 13 pro bowls, 10 all pros, 2 dpoy while being in two competely different defensive systems. Only MLB to have 30+ INTs and 40+ Sacks. He was the man on that great 2000 defense that set the record for least amount of points given up in a season. Most elite defensive has several HOFs but all that D had was Ray, a old as dirt Rod Woodson and some good players but everyone forgot about them by now. His leadership is un matched the way he helped the Ravens and other NFL players whether they were rookies or super bowl winning veterans. If he retires im sure its not the last we will see of Ray Lewis around the Ravens organization but it will never be the same. His jersey needs to be retired ASAP
Old 10-15-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post

what? come on who on this board that is a steelers fan would say that?