Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-15-2012, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking the same thing. Where is the kid?

Dexter was awesome, but the whole time I watch it I just can't wait for Homeland to come on. Sorry Dex but you'll never compete.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Where is the kid?

Dexter was awesome, but the whole time I watch it I just can't wait for Homeland to come on. Sorry Dex but you'll never compete.
Early Dexter > Homeland.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homeland
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Early Dexter > Homeland.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Early Dexter > Homeland.
I loved early Dexter, but I don't ever remember thinking it was as awesome as Homeland. But I didn't watch those when they aired and that usually makes me like things less.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Homeland
Pretty much agree with all of this. Pretty awesome episode.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
My girl Yvonne looked mighty attractive tonight on Dexter.
Ah... That may explain why Caddy pulled Mr. Hyde.

Anyway, I don't have Showtime but I am curious how did Homeland handle Claire Danes' pregnancy? In Season one, Homeland seems to be more action than drama to me. If true, would a style of season two be any difference?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season 2 of Warehouse 13 was pretty awesome. I'm going to start season 3 today or tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Season 2 of Warehouse 13 was pretty awesome. I'm going to start season 3 today or tomorrow.
I loved the episode with Sean Maher and Jewel Staite

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twin Peaks is messed up. I'm enjoying it, but holy ****, what the **** is going on.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Anyway, I don't have Showtime but I am curious how did Homeland handle Claire Danes' pregnancy? In Season one, Homeland seems to be more action than drama to me. If true, would a style of season two be any difference?
She must have had the bulk of her pregnancy in her off-season because if you wouldn't have told me now, i never would have known she was pregnant recently. She was never noticeably pregnant on camera last season or this one. And i'd say the show is a lot more suspenseful drama than it is action. That hasn't changed in season two.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya there isn't a **** ton of action at least thus far, I suspect that could change rather soon though.

Saul Berenson is a straight up G btw.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Twin Peaks is messed up. I'm enjoying it, but holy ****, what the **** is going on.
It gets weirder.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I didn't have a clue she was pregnant. She still looks great, don't know how long ago it was.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 10-15-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I need to give this Homeland show a shot, huh? (SHUT UP COREY)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Ah... That may explain why Caddy pulled Mr. Hyde.

I don't really get it. It's pretty commonly accepted that Dexter: The Early Years is some of the best television of the last decade. That's no slight on Homeland which I really love, but Dexter was just on another level. It's not on that level now and probably won't be again, but we shouldn't discredit it's past because of the recent **** ups.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homeland reminds me a little of Prison Break in that it has the same type of feel to it. The first season of Prison Break was awesome.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Amongst who is that accepted commonly? Best television of the last decade..?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best TV dramas of the decade(2000+) for me:

The Wire
Sopranos(started in 99)
Br Ba
Mad Men
GoT
BSG
Six feet under

Looking at it the consistency issues of Dexter take it out of that top tier for me but at its peak I can say without a doubt it belongs in there.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 10-15-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't really get it. It's pretty commonly accepted that Dexter: The Early Years is some of the best television of the last decade.
I loved the first couple of seasons Dexter at the time but in, it really wasn't that good. The drama kept you sucked in but the characters and the writing were never that great.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Homeland reminds me a little of Prison Break in that it has the same type of feel to it. The first season of Prison Break was awesome.
I can kind of see that. I really enjoyed season one of Prison Break. The rest... Not as much...

Quote:
Amongst who is that accepted commonly? Best television of the last decade..?
Where did I say it was the best? Read thoroughly next time please and thank you.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Pretty sure it was dexter that actually finished first in the top tv show rankings commie put on a few years back when it was in its prime so it is commonly accepted on here at least.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Pretty sure it was dexter that actually finished first in the top tv show rankings commie put on a few years back when it was in its prime so it is commonly accepted on here at least.
It was #4, but the three shows ahead of it were Seinfeld, South Park and The Simpsons.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I can kind of see that. I really enjoyed season one of Prison Break. The rest... Not as much...

Where did I say it was the best? Read thoroughly next time please and thank you.
I read perfectly fine, left out one word in my response. "some of the best" doesn't make it any less ridiculous of a statement.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I read perfectly fine, left out one word in my response. "some of the best" doesn't make it any less ridiculous of a statement.
:\

So it isn't commonly accepted? The NFLDC 'common opinion' disagrees with you.