Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-15-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think the DC common opinion looked past some flaws with the first seasons of Dexter. it was a great show, but awful acting and some soap-esque storylines put it quite a bit behind shows like The Wire, GoT and BSG.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I do think the DC common opinion looked past some flaws with the first seasons of Dexter. it was a great show, but awful acting and some soap-esque storylines put it quite a bit behind shows like The Wire, GoT and BSG.
Ultimately it's a subjective thing so obviously everyone is going to have a slightly different list. I feel like maybe the Lupin and Colin Hanks seasons have some what tarnished the love people have for the early seasons of Dexter. That said, when it comes down to it, we are comparing really great shows with each other when there really isn't any big reason to do it. All the shows mentioned as some of the best of the decade deserve that recognition.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
She must have had the bulk of her pregnancy in her off-season because if you wouldn't have told me now, i never would have known she was pregnant recently. She was never noticeably pregnant on camera last season or this one. And i'd say the show is a lot more suspenseful drama than it is action. That hasn't changed in season two.

She is pregnant now. I am sure the most of early season 2 was taken right before she got bigger. I found the article that said the production uses body double for her to do obvious scenes.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Ultimately it's a subjective thing so obviously everyone is going to have a slightly different list. I feel like maybe the Lupin and Colin Hanks seasons have some what tarnished the love people have for the early seasons of Dexter. That said, when it comes down to it, we are comparing really great shows with each other when there really isn't any big reason to do it. All the shows mentioned as some of the best of the decade deserve that recognition.
Well I actually have not seen any Dexter beyond the first 5 minutes of season 5, but that's because I wasn't as in love with early Dexter as you guys and heard so many bad things about that season. It's a big step below those three I mentioned for me.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Well I actually have not seen any Dexter beyond the first 5 minutes of season 5, but that's because I wasn't as in love with early Dexter as you guys and heard so many bad things about that season. It's a big step below those three I mentioned for me.
I wasn't talking about you specifically. Again though, I enjoyed the first few seasons of Dexter more than Game of Thrones (which I still love) and BSG. Subjective!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even have it on my top 15 when we did the list three years ago.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wire, Firefly, Mad Men, The West Wing, and Breaking Bad are my top 5, with Game of Thrones and BSG coming in 6/7. They're all pretty close for me though.

edit: for dramas. Community, Parks and Rec, Chuck, Psych, etc for comedies.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 10-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
The Wire, Firefly, Mad Men, The West Wing, and Breaking Bad are my top 5, with Game of Thrones and BSG coming in 6/7. They're all pretty close for me though.

edit: for dramas. Community, Parks and Rec, Chuck, Psych, etc for comedies.
This is why I like you.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Firefly's not fair to compare because we only got a tiny bit of it. I love the show and am still pissed we didn't get more Firefly, but it's impossible to tell just how good that show would've been, or whether it would've ran out of steam by the actual end of season one.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My top 10 personal dramas would probably look like:

1. The Wire
2. The Sopranos
3. Game of Thrones
4. Mad Men
5. Six Feet Under
6. Breaking Bad
7. BSG

Gap

8. Entourage
9. Dexter
10. Californication

Entourage/dexter didn't have the consistency or acting/writing that the first 7 did which is what sets them apart, but at their peaks they were highly entertaining. Californication lacked direction after a while but hank moody might be one of the greatest tv characters of all time so it makes it for duchovny alOne.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what's worse, having Entourage in your dramas or having it in your top ten.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Pretty sure it was dexter that actually finished first in the top tv show rankings commie put on a few years back when it was in its prime so it is commonly accepted on here at least.
those are always horrible, top hot chick/movie/show never is at the top just the one that most people have heard of
Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm not sure what's worse, having Entourage in your dramas or having it in your top ten.
I mean it's not a sitcom or a comedy so it has to go somewhere...

And it's personal preference I guess. Entourage is never going to win any awards but from seasons 1-5 it's probably the most fun show I've ever watched. Pretty sure we had this discussion like a week ago.

Outside of maybe GoT and The Wire, Entourage probably has the most rewatchability out of any show I listed. I could pick it up any day, at any time, on any episode(s1-s5) and it would still be awesome no matter how many times I've seen it.

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 10-15-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, i don't get why some people (brodeur) love to hate on Entourage. They rip the writing and acting when it was never meant to be some top notch written show. It's by far one of my favorite shows to watch. Just fun and entertaining.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonight's episode of Revolution was definitely the weakest of the series so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 

Last edited by jrdrylie : 10-15-2012 at 10:11 PM.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I mean it's not a sitcom or a comedy so it has to go somewhere...

And it's personal preference I guess. Entourage is never going to win any awards but from seasons 1-5 it's probably the most fun show I've ever watched. Pretty sure we had this discussion like a week ago.

Outside of maybe GoT and The Wire, Entourage probably has the most rewatchability out of any show I listed. I could pick it up any day, at any time, on any episode(s1-s5) and it would still be awesome no matter how many times I've seen it.
It was absolutely a comedy, I have no clue what you're talking about.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-15-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
It was absolutely a comedy, I have no clue what you're talking about.
When I think comedy I think Community, Parks, Seinfeld, Curb, The Office, etc...

Entourage was a dramady technically but it almost had its own genre.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Entourage is definitely more comedy than drama, but i see where you could interpret it as a dramedy. Probably 85/15 comedy-drama ratio.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

The good years were definitely more comedy oriented. I still feel like it wouldn't belong on a comedy list though, class of its own in that regard imo.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
The good years were definitely more comedy oriented. I still feel like it wouldn't belong on a comedy list though, class of its own in that regard imo.

It featured no more drama than a normal sitcom, and it was nominated in comedy based awards for a reason. It isn't Louie where you can somewhat interpret it as a comedy or drama, it's 100 percent a comedy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:

It featured no more drama than a normal sitcom, and it was nominated in comedy based awards for a reason. It isn't Louie where you can somewhat interpret it as a comedy or drama, it's 100 percent a comedy.
It had to be classified as something for award shows and they sure as hell had a better shot at winning under comedy than drama. Really though, it is the perfect example of a dramedy.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Desperate Housewives is a dramedy. Entourage is a comedy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, i'm gonna go with Comedy here.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like doing this. I agree with Brody though.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like Entourage's intention was to be a dramedy but the acting was too ****** for anyone to take the dramatic parts seriously.

I still like the show.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote