Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
"The last time we saw 35 unanswered, Vince Young was taking the Wonderlic."
Where are you quoting that from? That's great.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
cats? i was sacrificing the **** out of phoenix's chickens.
Sooooooooooooo ... you were potentially choking his chicken?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god Chargers. Why do you do this to me?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You tellem njx!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Nah I wasn't fooled out there once today" Rivers is such a *****.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to bring that up as well. "I wasn't fooled once, they were just bad throws"

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I was going to bring that up as well. "I wasn't fooled once, they were just bad throws"
Pretty sure he was fooled on the Pick 6, Defender had tight underneath coverage, and he threw the Out anyway.

Either he missed him, or he's waaay too confident in his arm that he can throw a lame pass outside the numbers into coverage like that and not get it picked.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Chargers fans,

Just multiply today by every day of your life and now you know what it's like to be a Browns fan.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
to be fair, it's your fault for choosing to be a browns fan.
Yes. But if I was a Chargers fan I would have to find a way to hate being 3-3 and tied for first place.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/FakeSportsCentr/...51572792193024

Quote:
The last time we saw 35 unanswered, Vince Young was taking the Wonderlic
Old 10-16-2012, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Dear Chargers fans,

Just multiply today by every day of your life and now you know what it's like to be a Browns fan.
Hardly. When was the last time the Browns lead a game 24-0? Expecting to lose is so much easier to handle than blowing a game.

Ill never understand how Romo gets so much **** for not winning but Rivers doesnt. At least Romo is a nice guy, Rivers is a douche. I think it stems back to the dominance the AFC has experienced. When the Chargers inevitably lost to the Pats, Steelers, or Colts in the playoffs everyone accepts it cause everyone lost to those three teams for awhile. While with the Cowboys there was expectations of being among the best teams in conference.

And the fact that spewing hate about the Cowboys is awesome tv.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up for the 4th quarter. What a game!

Rivers imploded. To put it in perspective, 10 points came from short fields bc of muffed punts, and 7 off a pick 6. So really, he was only able to generate 7 points on his own last night. He had a terrible game. Not just a bad half, the whole game he was disappointing.

It's not time to overreact though. It's a long season.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Hardly. When was the last time the Browns lead a game 24-0? Expecting to lose is so much easier to handle than blowing a game.

Ill never understand how Romo gets so much **** for not winning but Rivers doesnt. At least Romo is a nice guy, Rivers is a douche. I think it stems back to the dominance the AFC has experienced. When the Chargers inevitably lost to the Pats, Steelers, or Colts in the playoffs everyone accepts it cause everyone lost to those three teams for awhile. While with the Cowboys there was expectations of being among the best teams in conference.

And the fact that spewing hate about the Cowboys is awesome tv.
I'm also a little surprised by it. I think Rivers has won more playoff games, but he's largely been mediocre in the playoffs as a whole.

I do think he has the goods though. He needs tall receivers. He likes playing jump ball, and he can't do that anymore. Give him some trees on the outside and he'll bounce back. But he needs tall wide receivers.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
this is my favorite weekend in a while. new england loses. CU gives me hope for a solid 24 minutes of football. peyton actually completes a comeback.

fantastic.
You and me both... I loved the fact they benched Mays, Chris Harris played lights out in place of porter. The first half was riddled with mistakes, but that second half was damn near perfect in all three phases. If we can build on this going into the bye the rest of our schedule is very easy in comparison to the first 6 games.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain to me what happened to Philip Rivers? Two years ago he was a borderline top five quarterback. From 2008-2010 Philip Rivers completed 66% of his passes with 92 touchdowns, 33 interceptions, 8.6 Y/A and a 104 QB rating. He led the league in Y/A all three of those seasons and led the league in touchdowns, QB rating and yards once. He was a legitimate MVP candidate all three of those seasons.

Now he is incredibly average, at best. What the heck happened?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
J-Spot
Rookie

J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot J-Spot

It's beginning to look to me as if one of the following three teams is a 99% lock to make the Super Bowl from the AFC side: Patriots, Broncos, Texans.

The AFC is weak and top-heavy this year. I'll be shocked if the NFC doesn't win another Super Bowl.
J-Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can someone explain to me what happened to Philip Rivers? Two years ago he was a borderline top five quarterback. From 2008-2010 Philip Rivers completed 66% of his passes with 92 touchdowns, 33 interceptions, 8.6 Y/A and a 104 QB rating. He led the league in Y/A all three of those seasons and led the league in touchdowns, QB rating and yards once. He was a legitimate MVP candidate all three of those seasons.

Now he is incredibly average, at best. What the heck happened?
I've been wondering the same thing.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
to be fair, it's your fault for choosing to be a browns fan.
It's better than being born somewhere deciding your home team sucks and being like "OH WOW THE STEELERS ARE WINNING, IM GONNA ROOT FOR THEM!"

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
It's better than being born somewhere deciding your home team sucks and being like "OH WOW THE STEELERS ARE WINNING, IM GONNA ROOT FOR THEM!"
Not really. Being able to acknowledge where you're from sucks if it really sucks is a good skill, much more important than stubbornly refusing to acknowledge how awful cleveland is.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
cleveland could be worse. it could be in south jersey.
If Cleveland were in south jersey it'd be quarantined already.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-dui-arrest/

The Steelers are going to stick it out with Ta'amu.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am in central jersey so I do not take offense to any of your insults. They're mostly dumb eagles and temple fans down there anyway, so good day sirs and madams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers were playoff locks for a long time because the rest of the AFC West sucked so bad. There is more talent in the division now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-dui-arrest/

The Steelers are going to stick it out with Ta'amu.
Surprising. I thought he would really get the ax. I wonder if he'll face any suspension or what not.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Surprising. I thought he would really get the ax. I wonder if he'll face any suspension or what not.
If it is in enforced this season, it won't matter anyway because he's been inactive in every game.