Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I've seen so far: Gabbert looked decent in the first two games of the year, the easiest, most meaningless games of the year, and then in the harder, more important meaningless game looked about the same as he did last year.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not good.

I don’t believe in Gabbert and I don’t believe in that team. I never liked him at Missouri and I thought he was a disaster in his rookie season. It wasn’t just because he struggled as a green quarterback on an untalented team. It was because he didn’t show much in doing so. Where were the flashes? No one should’ve expected him to come out, start ripping it all over the football field, and light the league on fire. But it’s not unreasonable to expect glimpses of something. And I didn’t see those glimpses.

Two performances in the preseason aren’t going to do much to change a belief that I’ve held for a while. I still don’t like his future as an accurate passer and I still don’t like that he is not coming off his first or second reads. When defenses start game-planning to eliminate his best weapons will he be able to come off his primaries and secondaries and move the ball in time? That’s something I haven’t seen and it’s something these games can’t sell me on.

What I will give Gabbert is that he doesn’t look as shell-shocked back there as he did last season. That’s a big part of his battle. Getting hit is inevitable as a quarterback. You can’t shrink in the face of contact or obsess about avoiding the next crushing blindside hit and become an adequate quarterback. It just isn’t going to happen. Quarterback is such an intricate position and requires a certain level of trust in teammates. You can’t be under center wondering whether the left tackle is going to be beaten and still process all of the pre-snap information and then validate it post-snap.

If I had to throw out a stat line, I guess I’d put him somewhere in the neighborhood of 250/480, 2750 YDS, 18 TD, 15 INT. Which leaves him among the worst quarterbacks in the NFL again and leaves the Jaguars with a crucial choice for next April.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only reason people wanted this guy at #1 overall is because people were scared of Cam Newton and no one wanted the inconsistent Jake Locker. It was obvious the Panthers needed a QB the most, too.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give him a Madden rating of about 72, which is good enough to have some good throws in there and beat your friend who doesn't know how to play even when he's using a stacked team, but on even ground, when you're losing all his flaws are going to be enormous, and ultimately you're left thinking you should've just picked a team with a more consistent passer.

And that was kind of hare-brained, but basically I'm saying that to me, his ceiling is that of a player who might not kill his own team if they're having a good game. I have never once seen a clutch moment out of Blaine Gabbert. If you think you have one, post a video.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unbelievably.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I would give him a Madden rating of about 72, which is good enough to have some good throws in there and beat your friend who doesn't know how to play even when he's using a stacked team, but on even ground, when you're losing all his flaws are going to be enormous, and ultimately you're left thinking you should've just picked a team with a more consistent passer.

And that was kind of hare-brained, but basically I'm saying that to me, his ceiling is that of a player who might not kill his own team if they're having a good game. I have never once seen a clutch moment out of Blaine Gabbert. If you think you have one, post a video.
i actually started looking up gabbert highlights. the first highligh video doesnt even show him completing a pass for a full minute. its him warming up, scrambling, and what he looks like throwing it from the pocket, without showing it it was a completion. gabbert highlights=tough to come by lol
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
god forbid you ever change your mind.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't be as bad as a lot of people think he'll be on this forum.

I still don't get all the hate for him. Was he worthy of a top 15 selection? Eh probably not, but lets see what he can do in his 2nd/3rd year in the league before we start throwing pooh at the kid. Like I've said before, The play of some rookie Quarterbacks the past few seasons has really spoiled some people.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
He won't be as bad as a lot of people think he'll be on this forum.

I still don't get all the hate for him. Was he worthy of a top 15 selection? Eh probably not, but lets see what he can do in his 2nd/3rd year in the league before we start throwing pooh at the kid. Like I've said before, The play of some rookie Quarterbacks the past few seasons has really spoiled some people.
The problem with that line of thinking is that the other QBs that I can remember looking as terrified and inaccurate as Gabbert did without flashing any quality where guys like Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn and Joey Harrington. It's fine not to come out like Cam, Ryan or Big Ben, but a QB needs to at least not be scared and have some flashes that show he can be an NFL QB, Gabbert didn't even flash.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 08-30-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post

i would just like you to know that the 3rd game of madden 13 i played was with the jaguars (randoms) and i blaine gabberted the **** out of my friend, i dont wanna say he had a day but he looked confident in the pocket and did some good things.....lol
Old 08-30-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
G-Mac
Rookie

G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
The problem with that line of thinking is that the other QBs that I can remember looking as terrified and inaccurate as Gabbert did without flashing any quality where guys like Jimmy Clausen, Brady Quinn and Joey Harrington..
Eli Manning.
G-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
G-Mac
Rookie

G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G-Mac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli never looked scared his rookie year? Beg to differ. He had a truly terrible rookie season.
G-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
Eli Manning.
Is a top 5 QB in the NFL and future hall of famer...so what does he have to do with Blaine Gabbert?...

Or are you trying to say Eli didn't flash his great talent or toughness as a rookie? Because it's been a long time, so I understand that people like to make things up about times that people don't remember very well any more, but that would still be a lie if it is what you were trying to say.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Is a top 5 QB in the NFL and future hall of famer...so what does he have to do with Blaine Gabbert?...

Or are you trying to say Eli didn't flash his great talent or toughness as a rookie? Because it's been a long time, so I understand that people like to make things up about times that people don't remember very well any more, but that would still be a lie if it is what you were trying to say.
I agree, and I don't have a horse in this race. Eli's toughness/moxie was one of the only things I liked about him early in his career.

Last edited by WCH : 08-30-2012 at 12:18 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I agree, and I don't have a horse in this race. Eli's toughness/moxie was one of the only things I liked about him early in his career.
I remember his first cowboys game, where he lead a game winning drive that he capped off by audibling to a run with the game on the line. Eli showed his football smarts and balls from day one.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-30-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Professional troll. Stay away from Skip Bayless everyone.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Professional troll. Stay away from Skip Bayless everyone.
I definitely prefer Rick Bayless. Mexican food. Mmmm.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Agree that ELi could always take it a hit. It's his one true 'super power' as a QB. You can punch that kid in the mouth and he still keeps grinding.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blaine Gabbert will be a top 3 AFC QB this year. YOU HEARD ME.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Blaine Gabbert will be a top 3 AFC QB this year. YOU HEARD ME.
I thought you really put AFC South and put it in a white font, even then it would have been hard to believe.

And while Eli had his struggles, pocket presence was never, ever one of them. He was always tough as nails and could hang in the pocket to make any throw. I've honestly never seen a QB as bad as Gabbert was last year in terms of facing pressure. If he's improved that this year(we'll see once the real games start) more power to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought you really put AFC South and put it in a white font, even then it would have been hard to believe.
I'd take Locker over Gabby

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blaine Gabbert is really bad.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote