Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-15-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
WHO CARES

I rather play conservative and not give my opponents more film to study.
I'd rather not! More film to study, lol. I want them to do extra HW and study stuff I MAY NOT even freaking show that game! Good study everything and I will decide what stuff we install and what we don't. The whole point is making the other defense study more and work out every detail. Drive them crazy doing that.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rolle had his best day because he was actually playing SAFETY! We need to keep our CBs healthy so Rolle can continue to play there. And he you can tell he wants 6 every time he has the ball in his hands.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With a healthy Prince and Hosley are CB's are very good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Prince has jsut been awesome whenever he's been healthy enough to play. N I'm a big fan of Hosleys. If Web can get it together down the stretch and our safeties are healthy our secondary stacks up with even the Seahawks'.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I love our secondary. A good secondary is so underrated. That's why I love Reese's philosophy. Keep drafting D-Line and secondary. You can easily get away with mediocre LBs. Just keep drafting them in the late and middle rounds and you'll eventually hit on some good ones like Williams.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty back to practice this week!!!!!! HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the team doesn't kiss its own ass too much this week. You know they want to.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

hahah they'll be fine. Just enjoy it!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope the team doesn't kiss its own ass too much this week. You know they want to.
They will but the Skins secondary is awful so even if we come out flat and don't contain Bob, Eli will carry the team to a win...I hope...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta love delusional fans. These guys think Jacobs gave us their gameplan
Quote:
Is it THAT far-fetched to think maybe, just maybe he actually was pissed enough at the coaching staff about not playing that he figured ‘what the hell, I’ll get back at them by hitting up my old buddies during the week and telling them and/or even sending them our gameplan’? I’m almost starting to think this could be possible…

It certainly would look like that if Jacobs let the NYG defense in on our gameplan, now wouldn’t it? It doesn’t matter who the QB is, if hypothetically the defense was keyed into the offense’s gameplan, the quarterback and the entire offense will all look awful.

I’m telling you man, I have a really hard time believing there’s no chance Jacobs did something fishy. It straight up LOOKED like they knew our entire gameplan and everything we were gonna do, then when you factor in we have a player who’s been documented as being pissed at the coaching staff for never playing, AND that he used to play for our opponent and is clearly still very buddy-buddy with them based on his post-game actions, it’s very very very very VERY fishy…

Even if you forget about Jacobs for a second, it did look like they knew exactly what we were up to, and we have shown we have an incredibly creative and unpredictable coaching staff so the fact that NYG looked to always be a step ahead of us looked awfully suspicious…
It’s 2012 man, he could have called them, e-mailed them, faxed them, etc. I really, really, really don’t think it’s that far-fetched. I mean, didn’t it LOOK like they knew it?

How the f**k would the Giants know our playcalls, when we barely see each other? I smell a rat, and it may be that that rat (who happens to have a lot of buddies in the Giants lockerroom) was pissed off he wasnt getting playing time / got trashed by Harbaugh for speaking about his injury…
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...om-game/page3/

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love this comment
Quote:
Giants fans, for the mlst part couldn't even tell you that they originally drafted Andre Brown. They dont even watch when the tean isnt winning...you have a few die hards who know their s**t but by and large their fanbase only talks s**t and supports wins and doesnt exactly exude the most welcoming base when they lose

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Makes as much sense as our fans worrying about Jacobs giving them our gameplan before the game.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-16-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it had moreso to do with the two matchups we had last year where Harbaugh ran and play action passed the entire game, and that was why Smith looked so good. Without the LB's biting on the run fakes and being able to stop the run they were stagnant.

Edit:

And this is why moving Kiwi down to DE and playing Williams more helped.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Whoever wrote that should be banned from talking football. How are people so dumb?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the fact that he named faxes as the third option on how he would give us their gameplan. This isn't the 90's, I haven't even seen a fax machine in five years minimum.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it too early in the week to point out that Justin Tuck is washed up?

Think about it. The guy isn't great at rushing the passer, is always hurt, lost almost all of his speed (whatever he has left of it), and is coming off the books.

Do we even want to re-sign him? There's no doubt in my mind that his pricetag will far exceed his value on the field. And with Nicks, Cruz, and JPP to think about (not to mention KP), we need to save money somewhere.

I'm starting to think the right move is to let both Osi and Tuck walk. But I'd be shocked if we don't try to re-sign Tuck. And I have a feeling we'll regret that.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's only 6 games in. Let's re-evaluate later. I believe he started to show some good signs of life against the 49'ers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

But think about it. Listen to what you said. 6 games in and we want to reevaluate. The guy can't put it together for an entire season bc he's always hurt. And it's only going to get worse as he ages. Do we want that? Do we want to tie money into that?

6 games is almost half the season. Last year he was literally good for about 3 regular season games and the playoffs.

The only healthy season he had was 2010. I don't know man.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
But think about it. Listen to what you said. 6 games in and we want to reevaluate. The guy can't put it together for an entire season bc he's always hurt. And it's only going to get worse as he ages. Do we want that? Do we want to tie money into that?

6 games is almost half the season. Last year he was literally good for about 3 regular season games and the playoffs.

The only healthy season he had was 2010. I don't know man.
Let's see how much he wants. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he just up and retired when this deal ends. If you notice he's never asking for more money and he was contemplating retirement last year when everything was going down the shitter for him. He's also a smart guy and is aware that the beating he takes is going to plague him the rest of his life. Retirement for Tuck this year or next would not come as a shock.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let Tuck go. No matter what he wants. I wish the Cowboys had gotten rid of Greg Ellis 3 years earlier than they did. All it did was prolong the inevitable and cost a pretty penny while at it. He wasn't washed up... but he wasn't great either.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tuck won 2 SB's. It's a little bit of a different situation than you guys had with Ellis.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I am in the for cutting ties with Tuck camp. He was a essential cog in our Super Bowl runs but his effectiveness is dissipating quickly I'd rather we lock up younger guys.

In Reese I Trust.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be surprised if the plan was to draft someone like Michael Buchanen to replace and develop behind Tuck, JPP and Kiwi for next year

Last edited by Big_Pete : 10-17-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Tuck had a real good game. He never got to the QB but he collapsed the pocket a ton form his side. Tuck is like a lot of people on this team. He looks mediocre most of the time, and rises to the occasion in a huge way in the big games.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

At this point in his career, Tuck is only good for rushing the passer as a inside guy on passing formations/downs.

He's pretty useless as an outside pass rusher and lacks the speed to combat mobile qbs and running backs on the outside. So the Bob Griffins/LeSean McCoys of the world can get around him all day long.

And he's hurt 80% of the time. That's my main issue. I can tolerate him being strictly an inside guy nowadays, but if you're only healthy for 4 games a season do I want to invest a bunch of money into you?

At the end of the day, if we let him walk, and drafted another DE in round 1 to pair with JPP long term and moved Kiwi back full time to DE do we really lose anything with letting Tuck go? We might actually benefit from it.

Just something to think about. I love Tuck, love what he's done and what he means to this team, but moving forward, I don't know if its wise to invest in an aging, always hurt veteran with diminishing skills.