Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I operated under the assumption that Roos was a 2014 FA and if I had known that wasn't the case then that would've changed my approach in rounds 2 and 3. I likely would've taken Dallas Thomas in round two instead.
Easy mistake, man. I even thought Roos was a 2014 FA until mightytitan9 corrected me. Besides, at least you actually addressed the OL and pass-rush. That's more than I can say the actual Titans FO did last year.

We can just have it to where Matthews will take over RT for David Stewart in 2014, and we won't re-sign or activate the option for the additional year (although it could be a player option, so *shrug*). That, or perhaps Stewart could slide inside to RG/LG so Matthews could take RT. I've always wondered what Stewart could do inside, despite being 6'7. Or even vice-versa, since Jake Matthews is 6'5. Then put Alvin Bailey at the other OG spot. Both Leroy Harris and Steve Hutchinson need to be replaced anyway. Either way, I'll take a Matthews no matter where he plays, and I'm sure Bruce will be tempted to take his son. We already have C Kevin Matthews on the roster, lol.

So yeah, I suppose I overreacted. Knowing what we know now, Jarvis Jones and Dallas Thomas would have made for an excellent start. Then in the 3rd, CB's like Desmond Trufant or Tyrann Mathieu, DE's like Margus Hunt or Devin Taylor, or a DT like Sylvester Williams would be cool. Then in the 4th RD, you could stay with Leon McFadden (who looks like he could be another Alterraun Verner for us, which would be most welcome), or if you're feeling frisky, how about Le'Veon Bell? Neither Ringer nor Harper has been able to push for carries despite CJ's struggles, so I'd love to draft a big, powerful RB to become a legitimate #2 RB. At 6'2, 244, I feel Bell's power would be a great compliment to CJ's lack of such. I know Harper is a big back, but he doesn't play like it. And if I'm not mistaken, the 4th RD is insane value for Bell.

It's easy for me to judge a draft in hindsight. As you went about this, you had no idea who would still be available at what point. So I'll approve of you giving the Tits Jarvis Jones, Jake Matthews, Alvin Bailey, and Leon McFadden. You addressed two major needs in pass-rusher and OG, took a BPA OT for the future, and added a DB that fits the scheme. But if you had instead given them Star Lotulelei/Jarvis Jones, Dallas Thomas, Desmond Trufant and Le'Veon Bell, then I think every Titans fan on here would have sung your praises forever.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, SP, don't let JBond get to you! Cordarrelle Patterson is an absolute stud, and he could easily find himself in the 1st RD by the time the draft comes around. Either way, he fits the Green Bay offense perfectly, and he's truly special with the ball in his hands. Probably more so than any WR in this draft.

He's scored on catches, runs, and returns this season, and has been a more electrifying player than Justin Hunter. He has 315 receiving yards and 3 TD's, 214 rushing yards and 2 TD's, and averages 34 yards per kick return and 1 TD. Hunter has 497 receiving yards and 4 TD's, and that's it. So that's 529 YFS and 5 TD's for CP, not including returns, and 497 YFS and 4 TD's for Hunter.

And at 6'3, 205 lbs., and speed that makes SEC defenses look slow, I'm not sure what more you'd want from him physically. JBoogie is just mad cause Fenikz and CP took it to his SEC fantasy team last week with a stat line that read: 57 Rush YD's, 2 Rec, 25 Rec YD's, 1 TD's, 124 Ret YD's, 1 TD!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers draft:
1. Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State
2. Zach Ertz TE Stanford
3. Justin Pugh LT Syracuse
4. Knile Davis RB Arkansas

I'm pretty happy with the way things went. The 2nd round sucked as the 4 guys I wanted went with the 4 picks right before my pick, so I was left scrambling while at work trying to think of someone, but Ertz would fit well in replacing Gates in the future, plus Gates has struggled with injuries and it gives someone to take pressure off of Rivers. Pugh will be an upgrade over Mike Harris at LT, and then the Bolts need someone at RB to both rotate in with Mathews and play in place of him with all the time Mathews misses with injuries.

I would have liked to add another pass rusher to rotate in with Ingram and the aging Phillips, but that's either something for the later rounds, FA, or next year. Another OL would be nice to add for depth, plus a developmental guy to take over for Hardwick or replace Clary. A WR would also be nice, but Floyd has played well and they paid Meachem quite a bit this offseason, Royal needs to step up as he has 2 years and $7.5 million left on his contract after this year, and Vincent Brown was a 3rd round pick just a couple years back. A S to replace Bigby could also be had, but Jammer could also slide back to there as has been rumored as an option for a couple years, if he re-signs.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Xavier Rhodes as a replacement for Quentin Jammer.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I really like Xavier Rhodes as a replacement for Quentin Jammer.
I loved that fit, plus I've been a big fan of Rhodes for a while now.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit - added explanations

1. Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

Jordan's been one of my favorite players since last season. It's exciting to finally see him starting to get the recognition he deserves. I really believe he might be the most well rounded defensive player in this draft. Combine that with freakish length, athleticism and an exceptional motor and I really think he will be getting some top 10 consideration in a few months (if he isn't already). Because of that, he was just too good in my eyes for me to pass up.

2. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

There was another guy I really wanted but a certain somebody from the 151 stole him. Still, Torrey and Tavon <3. Speed kills.

3. Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama

Everytime I watched Dont'a Hightower at Bama, it was always Nico Johnson who was jumping out at me. Underrated for sure. Very smart, instinctive and athletic player who enabled a guy like Hightower and McClain to be the strictly in the box stuffer because of his ability to run-and-chase and play in space. Exactly the type of player we need inside with or without Ray.

4. DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina

My 3rd ranked safety behind Elam and Reid. My favorite USC safety in the draft. #36 jumps out at me every time I watch SCAR play. Plays FS now but might be more of a SS in the pros. Either way he's versatile and has the skillset and attitude that's perfect for this defense.

4. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, UConn

Cary Williams is in the last year of his deal and has been very up-and-down and Webb obviously just tore his ACL again. He's a big, highly athletic corner with a high upside who physically fits the mold for the position in our D. Admittedly, I need to see more though.

/drops mic

Last edited by TACKLE : 10-17-2012 at 01:32 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I might do some little explanations later...

/drops mic
I'm not a huge fan of Jordan in the first round and don't know much about Swearinger, but I really liked the Tavon Austin and Nico Johnson picks. Blidi Wreh-Wilson is decent too, he could end up being a rotational corner in the league. I considered a lot of those guys in the same spots you did. Nice work.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
But if you had instead given them Star Lotulelei/Jarvis Jones, Dallas Thomas, Desmond Trufant and Le'Veon Bell, then I think every Titans fan on here would have sung your praises forever.
Sorry, braddah man is wearing a Star on his helmet. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*picks mic up from the stage floor*

1. Geno Smith
-Was debating between Wilson and Barkley the moment the draft order was set, only to have Geno fly into my bedroom and give me a big ole bear hug.
1. Dee Milliner
-Huge need. Glad he fell.
3. Terrance Williams
Lets Laurent become the 3rd option where he was effective last year.
4. Devin Taylor
-Will be nice to have him get his hands up on passing downs.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
*picks mic up from the stage floor*

1. Geno Smith
-Was debating between Wilson and Barkley the moment the draft order was set, only to have Geno fly into my bedroom and give me a big ole bear hug.
1. Dee Milliner
-Huge need. Glad he fell.
3. Terrance Williams
Lets Laurent become the 3rd option where he was effective last year.
4. Devin Taylor
-Will be nice to have him get his hands up on passing downs.
SUCCESS!

Nice job Mr.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I might do some little explanations later...

/drops mic
I thought Wilson was gone, would have considered him rather than my 18th Gator.

21.) Denver Broncos - RB Marcus Lattimore, S. Carolina
56.) Denver Broncos - S Matt Elam, Florida
87.) Denver Broncos - DT Dominique Easley, Florida
118.) Denver Broncos - MLB Jon Bostic, Florida

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
That OLine needs to be improved badly and with Lewan gone, he was the guy I liked for that LT spot.

1. TJ McDonald S USC
Craig Dahl is awful. I really wanted to add a Saftey and I felt TJ was the most dynamic guy available. Filled a huge need and brings some chutzpah to that D.

2. Marquess Wilson WR WAZU
I feel like this was a huge steal. Wilson is a big time playmaker and adds a vertical dimension to the Rams offense that they desperately need. I have him ranked as a Top 5 WR in this class so I'm thrilled with this pick.

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
Man oh man! I loved this pick soooo much! Kendricks has left people wanting more, but is still a pretty good option in the passing game. The reason I picked Fauria was that he also provides support in the run game as well as his dynamic impact as a receiver.

4. Patrick Omameh OG Michigan
I'm an Omameh fan, the guy is a solid player who provides depth that this line needs. A big body, he's expected to refine his game behind Harvey Dahl on the depth chart.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I'm not very familiar with Omameh, but that looks like a good draft for the Rams. The first two rounds are outstanding and as you mentioned they could use a tight end as well; Fauria lines up all over the place for UCLA.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally spaced and forgot there were picks left until I got Cain's PM. I'll finish us up here.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indianapolis Colts draft:

Round 1:
8.) DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.

Round 3:
74.) DE Margus Hunt, SMU

Round 4:
105.) OG Travis Bond, UNC
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trench heavy drafts are always good.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants:

round 1) Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- We need a future OT, he can replace Locklear (yes, we start Sean Locklear) and if Beatty actually doesn't suck, we have a nice pair of young OT's.

2) Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois
- Osi's going to be gone, Tuck is regressing, Buchanan is a large man and freak who, with JPP, continues that giants tradition of ALL THE PASS RUSHERS

3) Carrington Byndon, CB, Texas
- Webster's aging (but still sexy) but we need secondary depth and I never ever want Coe or tryon starting again. Ever.

4) Josh Boyd, DT, Miss St
- Big boy in the middle and Canty's oft-injured, Rocky's old, Austin is still rusty and a big question mark, and Kuhn is raw. Linval is sexy, but DT depth never hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Since everyone else is doing it...

Everything I read said that the secondary was the Redskins biggest need area, so I attacked it with my earliest picks.

2-47 - S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
- The Redskins are currently starting Madieu Williams and DeJon Gomes with Reed Doughty and Brandon Merriweather behind them. Yuck. Jefferson could certainly compete for a starting job with that miserable group.

3-80 - CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
- He's not the biggest, he's not the fastest, and he has off the field issues that caused him to miss a year of football, but he's a playmaker. He would be very likely to make an impact in at least dime packages, if not be the nickel corner, and on special teams. I really wanted Robey here and even tried to trade up for him, but people kept wanting picks they could use in this draft, and I wasn't going to give up my 4th to move 5-10 spots up in the 3rd round.

4 - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
- Jammal Brown is an eternal injury risk and Tyler Polumbus is a below average RT who is a free agent at the end of the year. Johnson can be groomed for that spot and/or be the team's backup swing tackle.

Hard to make an impact without a first round pick, but I added some secondary depth and one potential starter there and added depth at OT. If we would have kept going, I would have looked at some developmental players for the front 7.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big thanks to BB for running the Mock! Always a major time commitment and much appreciated!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Thanks to everyone for participating too. I really only had to make a few picks for people throughout, and no one totally abandoned their team.

I'll probably be up for running another one late in the season, maybe once the college season is over.

And of course, I'll run the full offseason in February after the Superbowl but before free agency. I'm changing some of the things I did last year to make it easier and hopefully more interesting, so keep a look out for that too.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Thanks to everyone for participating too. I really only had to make a few picks for people throughout, and no one totally abandoned their team.

I'll probably be up for running another one late in the season, maybe once the college season is over.

And of course, I'll run the full offseason in February after the Superbowl but before free agency. I'm changing some of the things I did last year to make it easier and hopefully more interesting, so keep a look out for that too.
Cool! Thanks for running this. Things are definitely getting smoother. Great job.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Since everyone else is doing it...

Everything I read said that the secondary was the Redskins biggest need area, so I attacked it with my earliest picks.

2-47 - S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
- The Redskins are currently starting Madieu Williams and DeJon Gomes with Reed Doughty and Brandon Merriweather behind them. Yuck. Jefferson could certainly compete for a starting job with that miserable group.

3-80 - CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
- He's not the biggest, he's not the fastest, and he has off the field issues that caused him to miss a year of football, but he's a playmaker. He would be very likely to make an impact in at least dime packages, if not be the nickel corner, and on special teams. I really wanted Robey here and even tried to trade up for him, but people kept wanting picks they could use in this draft, and I wasn't going to give up my 4th to move 5-10 spots up in the 3rd round.

4 - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
- Jammal Brown is an eternal injury risk and Tyler Polumbus is a below average RT who is a free agent at the end of the year. Johnson can be groomed for that spot and/or be the team's backup swing tackle.

Hard to make an impact without a first round pick, but I added some secondary depth and one potential starter there and added depth at OT. If we would have kept going, I would have looked at some developmental players for the front 7.
Even without a 1st rounder, I think you got a good one in Tony Jefferson. I see his game translating smoothly to the NFL. He's compact, muscular, has great control of his body and steps up in big games. Immediate impact type potential. I'm a big fan.

Mathieu on the Redskins is a dangerous mixture. Definitely seems like a Snyder type of guy but that's not exactly a glowing endorsement. I don't question Tyrann's ability to play at this level at all. I just wonder about his character. Addiction to drugs and sex isn't something most teams will want to welcome to their lockerrooms.

No real thoughts on Lane Johnson myself, but in looking at various rankings, I know this is about the right value and it's a good pick up for a developing swing tackle/depth.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got job as always, BB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Giants:

round 1) Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
- We need a future OT, he can replace Locklear (yes, we start Sean Locklear) and if Beatty actually doesn't suck, we have a nice pair of young OT's.

2) Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois
- Osi's going to be gone, Tuck is regressing, Buchanan is a large man and freak who, with JPP, continues that giants tradition of ALL THE PASS RUSHERS

3) Carrington Byndon, CB, Texas
- Webster's aging (but still sexy) but we need secondary depth and I never ever want Coe or tryon starting again. Ever.

4) Josh Boyd, DT, Miss St
- Big boy in the middle and Canty's oft-injured, Rocky's old, Austin is still rusty and a big question mark, and Kuhn is raw. Linval is sexy, but DT depth never hurts.
Wagner's stock has been on a steady decline this season.. but it started off pretty high, so there's that. He's still got plenty chance to turn it around improve, but for this mock, I didn't love the value. I don't even consider him a 1st rounder right now. The fact that he's a Wisconsin guy can only help though.

I hear guys talking up like Buchanan like he was a big reason for Whitney Mercilous' success last season. If true, then he's a great pick up for the GMen cause JPP is having a down season compared to last...and I hear Giants fans blaming that on Tuck and Osi's dramatic decline. Good pick, good value.

Byndon has a ton of potential, so that makes for a great pick here. He just hasn't put it together yet. He was absolutely worked against West Virginia, and wasn't great against Oklahoma, but at least he came up with a pick 6.

No thoughts on Boyd, but yes, the Giants are the kind of smart team that doesn't stop infusing talent in the DL.

Looks like a draft who's strength is in potential.