Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs trying to ship Bowe to Miami

Wow. Per JasonColeYahoo on@ 560WQAM, Dolphins are @ #potentially negotiating a deal for Chiefs stud WR Dwayne Bowe.#
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 10-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really surprising. Like I said in the other thread, Bowe isn't going to re-sign here, so we might as well get what we can for him now. Get some picks and then draft our QB and a WR in this years draft.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Not really surprising. Like I said in the other thread, Bowe isn't going to re-sign here, so we might as well get what we can for him now. Get some picks and then draft our QB and a WR in this years draft.
Geno and Tavon?!!?!?!?!!?!

Lolno, that's what the Jaguars are gonna do.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs will go Geno and then package picks to move up up to get Keenan Allen. And then I will need to clean up because of the explosion in my pantaloons.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what Compensation Kansas City is going to get. I will guess 2nd Round and another pick.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't give up more than a third for him. Chiefs are at risk for losing him this off-season again, why would i bid against myself?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Apparently Jason Cole told 610 Sports in KC that that wasn't really the case. He was talking hypothetical trades.

jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Jaguars have the inside track for the first pick Vidae. Their schedule is a bit tougher down the stretch. Hope you like Barkley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I wouldn't give up more than a third for him. Chiefs are at risk for losing him this off-season again, why would i bid against myself?
Maybe you're not sure you can land him. There are more desirable destinations than Miami. And we could always just franchise tag him again if we wanted to.

Bowe is worth a lot more than a 3rd in my mind, so I'd be pretty pissed if that was the deal we got for him.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phins have that extra second rounder from Vontae and they need a receiver badly. Makes sense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I think the Jaguars have the inside track for the first pick Vidae. Their schedule is a bit tougher down the stretch. Hope you like Barkley.
The Chiefs haven't led once the entire year. Not for one second. They've also been BLOWN OUT of four games. Add injuries to the mix, and Cassel and Brady Quinn duking it out for our starting QB spot, the Chiefs are every bit as bad as the Jaguars and I'd argue they're worse.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Chiefs haven't led once the entire year. Not for one second. They've also been BLOWN OUT of four games. Add injuries to the mix, and Cassel and Brady Quinn duking it out for our starting QB spot, the Chiefs are every bit as bad as the Jaguars and I'd argue they're worse.
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS DISAGREES

Vidae and I gonna be arguing about whose team is worse for the next three months. We are bizarro homers.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winning the first overall pick is only half the battle. Making sure your GM doesn't **** it up is the other part.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

We sure are my friend, but it makes sense to us so who cares!

And FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS CAN LICK MY BUTT.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Winning the first overall pick is only half the battle. Making sure your GM doesn't **** it up is the other part.
As long as the Jags fire Gene Smith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope this trade doesnt go down. it has nothing to do with Bowe or the compensation. It has everything to do with Pioli keeping his job. Does a lame duck GM get to trade a top 5 player on that team? Wouldnt ownership step in and nix this deal if Pioli were going to be fired? This trade cant happen unless somehow Pioli is part of the deal to Miami.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I really hope this trade doesnt go down. it has nothing to do with Bowe or the compensation. It has everything to do with Pioli keeping his job. Does a lame duck GM get to trade a top 5 player on that team? Wouldnt ownership step in and nix this deal if Pioli were going to be fired? This trade cant happen unless somehow Pioli is part of the deal to Miami.
This rarely happens, but I'm going to disagree with you.

No matter what, Bowe is not going to re-sign here in the offseason. Would you? He wants out, he wants to get paid, and the Chiefs aren't going to be the ones to do it. Why not get some picks for him?

And I doubt it has anything to do with Pioli staying or going. I would bet right now that he's not our GM going into the next draft regardless of what happens here.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

Just to clarify something: I'm NOT reporting the KC and Miami are talki g trade over Bowe. Not yet, at least. Misunderstanding by someone
whomp whomp.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

You suck Jason Cole.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Dolphins can pull this off they would have a very intense offseason trying to resign Bowe, Smith, Long, and Bush all at the same time.

Edit* Dammit Jason Cole
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
If the Dolphins can pull this off they would have a very intense offseason trying to resign Bowe, Smith, Long, and Bush all at the same time.
They're going to let Bush walk, I'd almost guarantee it. (Free Lamar Miller).
Old 10-17-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
They're going to let Bush walk, I'd almost guarantee it. (Free Lamar Miller).
That would be a tough sell. Even with Bowe that offense wouldn't exactly be stacked at the skill positions. Bush is still at this moment their best weapon.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to break my little heart to see Bowe playing for someone else, be it this year or next.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the Chiefs are every bit as bad as the Jaguars and I'd argue they're worse.
On paper, the Chiefs are the far superior team. They've got quality talent at a few positions. The Jags have nothing outside of MJD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
On paper, the Chiefs are the far superior team. They've got quality talent at a few positions. The Jags have nothing outside of MJD.
I'm not denying that, but you don't play games on paper.