Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
not relevant and not the point.

i think we're arguing sideways here. would i love to have aj green? absolutely. would i take him over trying to improve my pass rush or secondary? never. and i can't remember a team that was picking that high that actually had a top flight pass rush or secondary. i don't think justin blackmon has the same chance of improving the jags that claiborne has of improving the cowboys, or barron improving the bucs, for instance.

i guess i'd ask: has calvin johnson had the same impact as darrelle revis? what about patrick willis? would the lions have been better served taking revis, and picking up a wr in a later round? this year, everyone's been killing the brows for greg little vs. julio jones. does jones really make that team any better?

*shrug* i value wrs right about where i value rbs. you need one. and you need one with talent. but the idea that you need to grab an adrian peterson at the possible expense of other positions, i think, is ridiculous. draft the JPPs, and i think you'll come out better than the teams taking the aj greens.
The problem with this argument is that its too black and white. It depends on the value you placed on the individual talent.

For example, what if AJ Green was on the board and the best available DE was Quentin Coples? Do you chose a lesser talent at a more impactful position just bc?

It's all relative. And I think a stud WR is a tremendous asset to your team.

Justin Blackmon vs Clairborne? I'm taking Clairborne all day.

AJ Green vs Clairborne? I'm taking Green.