Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm not denying that, but you don't play games on paper.
Fair enough, but I know I would take Brandon Flowers, Eric Berry, Tamba Hali, Justin Houston, Derrick Johnson, Glenn Dorsey, Dontari Poe, Eric Winston, Tony Moeaki, Dwayne Bowe and Jamaal Charles before I even looked at anyone on the Jags roster not named Maurice. KC is far closer to turning it around than any other bad team in the league. They've got better pieces in place than Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, Carolina and even Miami. All the franchise really needs is a quarterback and a regime change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I wouldn't give up more than a third for him. Chiefs are at risk for losing him this off-season again, why would i bid against myself?
Just for the exclusivity of having him. If it gets to the offseason who knows if he'll even consider Miami as an option, but if they can get him in now and start talking extension it's easily worth it.

Just depends on their confidence in getting him signed to a long deal. Even at 3-3, I don't expect them to compete for enough to make it worth it just for this season.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really surprising. Like I said in the other thread, Bowe isn't going to re-sign here, so we might as well get what we can for him now. Get some picks and then draft our QB and a WR in this years draft.
we draft a QB after we fire our incompetent GM & HC
Old 10-17-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Miami to trade for Bowe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I don't want Miami to trade for Bowe.
Because its a much better idea to let Jeff Ireland attempt to draft a decent player as opposed to bringing in a sure-fire stud in Bowe.

^Thanks BK!
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry Jackson ‏@SportsBuzzMiami
Report: The Miami Dolphins have a tentative trade agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs for Receiver Dwayne Bowe for a 3rd & 7th round pick.

No idea if this is true, but if it is, ugh. We got fleeced, haha.

edit: Anyone in the Miami area have any idea who this guy is?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 10-17-2012 at 07:31 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrz View Post
Because its a much better idea to let Jeff Ireland attempt to draft a decent player as opposed to bringing in a sure-fire stud in Bowe.
Because he'll be a free agent at season's end and Miami has north of $55 million coming off the books. Why trade for him now when you can sign him in a couple months for no draft pick compensation? I realize Miami is 3-3 and tied for first (honestly probably should be 5-1) but this team isn't ready to make a run this year.

Between Bowe and Jennings both likely to hit the open market, I like Miami's chances of being able to outright sign someone as opposed to burning some of those early picks. Ireland isn't nearly as bad of a drafter as everyone seems to think he is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
Report: The Miami Dolphins have a tentative trade agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs for Receiver Dwayne Bowe for a 3rd & 7th round pick.

Really don't think that's true, none of the other Miami media-types are reporting it. One main reason is because Miami doesn't have the cap space to even acquire him. They'd have to trade a high-priced player and take a big cap hit to next year's cap even to get him. Not saying its impossible but seems unlikely...

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

edit: Anyone in the Miami area have any idea who this guy is?
If the Chiefs make this trade I will be finding a new team.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not denying that, but you don't play games on paper.
Someone has never played paper football.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Just realized it says Barry Jackson. He's a legit reporter but he doesn't have a real twitter handle. If you check that page, he also reported Heath Bell was traded for ARod

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Just realized it says Barry Jackson. He's a legit reporter but he doesn't have a real twitter handle. If you check that page, he also reported Heath Bell was traded for ARod
Haha, I didn't notice that.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Also this:

Larry McDaniel ‏@LarryEMcDaniel Per @incarceratedbob the #Chiefs are in talks with the dolphins, bills, rams, lions about making a trade for Bowe #Chiefs

Interesting to say the least.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I hate @Incarceratedbob...talk about someone who throws **** at a wall and hopes something sticks...that guy "reports" everything he hears and then boasts about how awesome he is when 1 of the 1000 things he "reported" was right.

I don't doubt that KC is trying to shop Bowe and he could inevitably get moved but, at least in terms of the Miami part, everything I've seen from the reports/Miami people that I trust is telling me there are no legs to that part of the story...yet at least.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of this talk that Bowe is a sure fire stud WR.
No he isn't.
He's a solid WR, and there are tons of WR's coming out now a days. Just like RB's.
He'd be at BEST a 2nd round pick.
Honestly, the Chiefs need him more than other teams need him. The Chiefs have nobody else close to being a #1 WR on that team.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowe is a legit #1 WR. He could be a top 10 WR with a real QB throwing him the football.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Damon Huard. Brodie Croyle. Tyler Thigpen. Matt Cassel. Brady Quinn.

Those are the QBs that Bowe has had and he is still producing. Put him on a team with a real QB and you'll see a star.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Watch, his next QB will probably end up being Mark Sanchez or Ryan Fitzpatrick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-17-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If you recall I was a huge Tannehill homer so I'd love to see Bowe team up with him. I like Bowe and I like Tannehill.

But srsly, give us picks.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he goes to Detroit I think I could throw for 3000 yards there.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damon Huard. Brodie Croyle. Tyler Thigpen. Matt Cassel. Brady Quinn.

Those are the QBs that Bowe has had and he is still producing. Put him on a team with a real QB and you'll see a star.
Wow...now that is a true list from hell. When you think about it it is rather amazing that Bowe has been able to put up the numbers that he has.

Think of how many times he was open and one of those stiffs tossed a junk ball or something...

All I know is he sure would look good in the Rams horns.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Bowe for Santonio straight up!
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Dwayne Bowe for Santonio straight up!
Get outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always had high hopes for Croyle...even wanted him in Oakland....damn.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants? Nicks, Bowe, Cruz. GAME OVER MAN!

Just kidding, I like Bowe but it's not worth trading a quality pick when we're more than set at WR.

Still a bro can dream, right bro?