Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Highest bidder y'all. A second and a third gets it done right now. Gogo!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Highest bidder y'all. A second and a third gets it done right now. Gogo!
I don't know. I like Bowe, probably more than most, but would I give up that much for a guy I'm going to have to pay big bucks to? Probably not.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bowe may only rake in a 3rd, I'd say a 2nd rounder at most.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Marshall only got two 3rds. Given the fact that Bowe isn't under contract past this year I would be surprised if they got anything more than a 3rd for him.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's also interesting because Miami might have had an inside track on signing Jennings this offseason. With Jones and Jordyz both coming into their own I don't see the Packers bringing Jennings back anymore for the money he'll be asking. Philbin and Jennings have to have a good rapport but I'm sure Packers fans would know.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland should be trying to get in on this ****. GREG LITTLE FOR BOWE!

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never understood why the Chiefs gave Romeo Crennel the head coaching gig. Lots of talent on that team that is either overrated or not living up to its potential.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Giants? Nicks, Bowe, Cruz. GAME OVER MAN!

Just kidding, I like Bowe but it's not worth trading a quality pick when we're more than set at WR.

Still a bro can dream, right bro?
Bowe's awesome but Gilbride would keep calling option routes for him until Eli set a new career high for INTs.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I'm sick of this talk that Bowe is a sure fire stud WR.
No he isn't.
He's a solid WR, and there are tons of WR's coming out now a days. Just like RB's.
He'd be at BEST a 2nd round pick.
Honestly, the Chiefs need him more than other teams need him. The Chiefs have nobody else close to being a #1 WR on that team.
Chiefs QB Ratings
2007: 73.0
2008: 77.5
2009: 70.8
2010: 90.1
2011: 73.0
2012: 63.9

With the exception of 2010 he's had nothing short of dogshit throwing to him. What did he do that one year with competent quarterback play?

72 rec, 1162 yds, 15 td

13 of those touchdowns came during a ludicrous 7 game stretch where nobody could cover him. He could easily be a top 10 receiver with a quality quarterback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Chiefs QB Ratings

With the exception of 2010 he's had nothing short of dogshit throwing to him. What did he do that one year with competent quarterback play?

72 rec, 1162 yds, 15 td

13 of those touchdowns came during a ludicrous 7 game stretch where nobody could cover him. He could easily be a top 10 receiver with a quality quarterback.

THANK YOU!!!!Bowe's put up some impressive numbers considering who is throwing him the ball
Old 10-18-2012, 01:00 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
THANK YOU!!!!Bowe's put up some impressive numbers considering who is throwing him the ball
Imagine if the Chiefs just had a decent quarterback. He doesn't even have to be great, just average and moderately capable. Matt Flynn maybe? Cassel isn't the answer, Quinn stinks, why not swing a deal for Flynn? It's not like the Seahawks are using him.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Imagine if the Chiefs just had a decent quarterback. He doesn't even have to be great, just average and moderately capable. Matt Flynn maybe? Cassel isn't the answer, Quinn stinks, why not swing a deal for Flynn? It's not like the Seahawks are using him.
Because they're in great shape to tank for a franchise guy in the draft?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Because they're in great shape to tank for a franchise guy in the draft?
And what if they end up with the third pick and Barkley and Geno are off the board? What then?

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And what if they end up with the third pick and Barkley and Geno are off the board? What then?
Tyler Wilson baby!!!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
A) This

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Tyler Wilson baby!!!
B) It's between Jacksonville, KC and Cleveland for the top spots and the Browns are going to screw themselves out of getting a franchise QB because they're the Browns.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chiefs QB Ratings

72 rec, 1162 yds, 15 td

I don't see it. Better receivers can work with ****** QBs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Browns will end up with the second pick and opt to draft a defensive lineman because they're they're the Browns. That's a far more plausible scenario.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Browns will end up with the second pick and opt to draft a defensive lineman because they're they're the Browns. That's a far more plausible scenario.
They could also trade down from that pick to "give Weeden moar weapons" and then wait until the 3rd round to pick an offensive player.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't see it. Better receivers can work with ****** QBs.
Name 'em. Calvin Johnson pre-Stafford? Only one I can think of that outproduced Bowe.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

nevermind.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Randy Moss made Culpepper. TO lead Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb to career years. Fitz.
Are you suggesting Donovan McNabb was even remotely as bad as the group of jackasses in KC? Please tell me I'm reading something wrong because that is the most asinine thing I've ever seen on this entire website.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Name 'em. Calvin Johnson pre-Stafford? Only one I can think of that outproduced Bowe.
Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin once upon a time, Braylon Edwards pre meltdown...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin once upon a time, Braylon Edwards pre meltdown...
Fitzgerald: Future Hall of Famer, no ****. Obviously Bowe won't be on his level.

Boldin: Fair enough.

Edwards: One season of 70+rec and/or 1000+ yards in his whole career. Please. Biggest fluke of production ever at the position. I know he had garbage in Cleveland but the guy just stopped trying after the year and developed hands of stone that would make Troy Williamson proud.

So who do have?

Calvin Johnson, the best receiver in the game, Larry Fitzgerald, a future Hall of Famer and Anquan Boldin, a beast in his own right.

Three guys who worked as well or better than Bowe with trash quarterbacks. Wow, what a massive list.

Quote:
Old 10-18-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

How much WRs go to another team and magically become an elite receiver, sans guys like Randy Moss who were just mailing it in or Wes Welker, who was just used a hell of a lot better?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-18-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fitzgerald: Future Hall of Famer, no ****. Obviously Bowe won't be on his level.

Boldin: Fair enough.

Edwards: One season of 70+rec and/or 1000+ yards in his whole career. Please. Biggest fluke of production ever at the position. I know he had garbage in Cleveland but the guy just stopped trying after the year and developed hands of stone that would make Troy Williamson proud.

So who do have?

Calvin Johnson, the best receiver in the game, Larry Fitzgerald, a future Hall of Famer and Anquan Boldin, a beast in his own right.

Three guys who worked as well or better than Bowe with trash quarterbacks. Wow, what a massive list.

Steve Smith.

And please don't tell me Jake Delhomme was good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote