Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-18-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there's rumors of ours having laxatives in the food. whatever, it was chicken finger night.

i have a small meal plan, it's convenient and good meeting place and some stuff can be really good. because, you know, rutgers is awesome and stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Anyone ever heard of carb backloading? I have been doing it with great success but my roommate thinks im on a fast track to diabetes.
A carb up day is useful if you are on vlc/keto and are trying to gain muscle. Outside of that, I don't think they have too much of a use unless you're Michael phelps.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
A carb up day is useful if you are on vlc/keto and are trying to gain muscle. Outside of that, I don't think they have too much of a use unless you're Michael phelps.
Haha. What's your usual diet over the course of a week? I'm just curious. I usually don't have time to cook a lot so it makes grilling chicken/meat/etc. difficult but I was just wondering.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha. What's your usual diet over the course of a week? I'm just curious. I usually don't have time to cook a lot so it makes grilling chicken/meat/etc. difficult but I was just wondering.
Right now, when I have time to eat and cook, a typical day looks something like this:

Breakfast: 4 eggs w/ cheese scrambled in, some type of meat (bacon/sausage/ham)

Snack: Protein Shake w/ handful of almonds/other nuts

Lunch: ~12oz chicken breast (w/skin) w/ a side salad dressed with plenty of Olive Oil

During Workout: Protein Shake with some berries blended in

Post Workout/Dinner: ~12oz Pork Tenderlion with side salad dressed with plenty of olive oil

Before Bed: Protein shake made with whole milk

I'll add snacks on lifting days

*** 10 fish oil capsules throughout the day and a multi are the supplements

That said, I never have time to do this, so I'm kinda eating like **** lately, pretty much forced intermittent fasting all day.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I hear you. With school and having a crappy kitchen (no stove) I basically have no time to cook which results in not eating as well as I'd like.

I've been trying to find some good things to eat that don't require a lot of cooking but it's tough.

What does your protein shake consist of other than berries and such? Milk? Whey protein? Etc.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Haha, I hear you. With school and having a crappy kitchen (no stove) I basically have no time to cook which results in not eating as well as I'd like.

I've been trying to find some good things to eat that don't require a lot of cooking but it's tough.

What does your protein shake consist of other than berries and such? Milk? Whey protein? Etc.
oh man, no stove sucks. i couldn't deal with that.

during non workouts, it's whole milk and a blended protein. during workouts, it's water, isolate protein and berries.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
oh man, no stove sucks. i couldn't deal with that.

during non workouts, it's whole milk and a blended protein. during workouts, it's water, isolate protein and berries.
Haha yeah, it is awful.

Ah. Would it be bad if I used 1% milk instead? I just can't deal with the thickness of whole milk, haha.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I put milk in a blender, drop some protein, some fruits and berries in a blender....will I get the benefits of everything or is thag lazy logic?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Haha yeah, it is awful.

Ah. Would it be bad if I used 1% milk instead? I just can't deal with the thickness of whole milk, haha.
No, it's fine. I just prefer whole. If you're going to actually try this diet, I should note that if you're not going to work out on a given day, I'd drop the milk (except for the nighttime shake) and berries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
If I put milk in a blender, drop some protein, some fruits and berries in a blender....will I get the benefits of everything or is thag lazy logic?
Yes, you do.....maybe you'd miss out on some fiber if it settles to the bottom of the blender/your glass and you dump it, but whatever.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Haha yeah, it is awful.

No, it's fine. I just prefer whole. If you're going to actually try this diet, I should note that if you're not going to work out on a given day, I'd drop the milk (except for the nighttime shake) and berries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Yes, you do.....maybe you'd miss out on some fiber if it settles to the bottom of the blender/your glass and you dump it, but whatever. Blending **** won't affect the benefits.....cooking **** can though.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I drink protein shakes I just use water. That's cool right, Rob?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
When I drink protein shakes I just use water. That's cool right, Rob?
Absolutely. I generally drink them with just water, but I have this sick Orange Cream flavor right now. It's good on its own, but when mixed with milk or water with a splash of cream it tastes like a ******* creamsicle.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:

Yes, you do.....maybe you'd miss out on some fiber if it settles to the bottom of the blender/your glass and you dump it, but whatever.
Gotcha. I'd like to incorporate some of this into my diet for sure. I just need to find some substitutes as I won't likely have the ability to cook chicken/pork.

I work out 5-6 times a week. I should point out I'm not trying to lose weight. I'm already in pretty good shape. I'd just like to take it to another level.

Is this more of a weight loss diet or..?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely. I generally drink them with just water, but I have this sick Orange Cream flavor right now. It's good on its own, but when mixed with milk or water with a splash of cream it tastes like a ******* creamsicle.
Ah that makes sense. I have a chocolate one at the moment and it tastes the same with or without milk. I just find it easier to drink post-workout when it has the consistency of water instead of milk.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use syntha-6 with cookies n cream flavor.....sooooooo delicious with milk.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Gotcha. I'd like to incorporate some of this into my diet for sure. I just need to find some substitutes as I won't likely have the ability to cook chicken/pork.

I work out 5-6 times a week. I should point out I'm not trying to lose weight. I'm already in pretty good shape. I'd just like to take it to another level.

Is this more of a weight loss diet or..?
Not being able to cook meat make a VLC diet reallyyyy difficult. Without the berries and with limited milk and small side salads, this is definitely a weight loss/get more shredded diet. With the milk/berries/large salads, it's maintenance. If you incorporate other carbs (like, at all....even 25g extra will make a big difference) then it can turn into a weight gain diet really quickly because the calories are already pretty high.

Also, if you choose to do VLC it will probably really suck for 2-3 days as your body adjusts....headaches are pretty commonplace.

Last edited by Rob S : 10-18-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Not being able to cook meat make a VLC diet reallyyyy difficult. Without the berries and with limited milk and small side salads, this is definitely a weight loss/get more shredded diet. With the milk/berries/large salads, it's maintenance. If you incorporate other carbs (like, at all....even 25g extra will make a big difference) then it can turn into a weight gain diet really quickly because the calories are already pretty high.

Also, if you choose to do VLC it will probably really suck for 2-3 days as your body adjusts....headaches are pretty commonplace.
Hmm, interesting. I don't know. Just based on that it seems like a very low calorie diet, outside of the protein shakes maybe. I would probably use 1% or skim milk though because I can't stand thick protein shakes. Just a personal preference.

I'm worried because a diet like this makes me feel like I'll lose weight, which I don't want to. My metabolism is pretty good. I only gain weight if I start to eat REALLY bad, i.e. bad fast food at least once or twice a day (which I never do because I hate most fast food).

I would probably incorporate a few more carbs though, as I think the health benefits/antioxidants in fruits/veggies are worth the extra carbs since my metabolism is good.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm on my phone, so I can't type much, but it definitely isn't low calorie. The average day checks in between 2800 and 3200 depending on whether or not I worked out.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i drank a carbonated beverage for the first time in a few months today. needless to say I got very sick.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

You disgust me, Vikes.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet Jesus.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Sweet Jesus.
Yes sir? How can we be of service?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you honestly care enough, PM me. No need to ruin this amazing thread.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
If you honestly care enough, PM me. No need to ruin this amazing thread.
I really don't care enough, to be honest. If you don't like what people say here, you're free not to view the thread.

Or you're free to contribute your opinion. Like I said to Rob, I wasn't shooting down your guys' ideas about diet/nutrition and I highly encourage them as part of the discussion because they give a different perspective.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I was just trying to rustle your jimmies a bit. Based on what I've seen in this thread, my best advice is to stop majoring in the minors.

1. Obtain macro/micro sufficiency
2. Adjust calories based on goals

After that, everything else is pretty much irrelevant.