Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I didn't feel like Alex played that poorly, outside of the overthrow of Williams early and the terrible interception when he had Moss open. The Seahawks have one of, if not the best cornerback duo in the league and they were blanketing our receivers, sometimes with questionable amounts of contact. Other QBs have posted pretty low Y/A against the Seahawks this year as well.

Brady: 6.8
Rodgers: 5.7
Romo: 6.3
Newton: 4.9

Smith was at 6.1. The Seahawks have more interceptions than they have allowed passing touchdowns this year, every one of those QBs had the same amount of touchdowns as picks against them.
I dont care about any of that. You cant just always quote stats to justify everything. Watch the All 22 film. We have guys coming open alot of times, but like Alex has shown over and over, he has a time clock in his head and when it gets past 2 seconds, or his first read isnt open, he has a hard time simply keeping his head upfield seeing secondary routes and guys coming open. Instead he runs around in circles, looking to get outside the tackles to avoid pressure that isnt even there. I counted at least 3 throws in the game tonight without even needing the 22 flim, for huge gains where if he had just simply stepped up in the pocket and not checked down so quickly, he would have converted some first downs for huge gains. Alot of times, he looks like a rookie or a second year QB, trying not to make a mistake. He should be past that. I have no problems with him if he drives the ball deep on good reads and DB makes a play and a ball gets intercepted. What I don't like are him throwing ints on balls which should have never been thrown. 3 of his 5 ints this year have come on those such throws. The other two were just horrible throws that could have been completions if he had thrown a better ball.

Watch the throw CK makes to MM right before halftime against the G-Men. He throws it over the underneath coverage to a spot, with coverage over the top closing in. Those are throws Alex refuses to make but should be routine for a starting QB in this league. I'm not saying start CK because he still isnt ready but Alex is gun shy and its holding back the offense. Alex lacks confidence throwing into tighter windows that most starting QBs wouldn't think twice about.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-18-2012 at 11:45 PM.