Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I didn't feel like Alex played that poorly, outside of the overthrow of Williams early and the terrible interception when he had Moss open. The Seahawks have one of, if not the best cornerback duo in the league and they were blanketing our receivers, sometimes with questionable amounts of contact. Other QBs have posted pretty low Y/A against the Seahawks this year as well.

Brady: 6.8
Rodgers: 5.7
Romo: 6.3
Newton: 4.9

Smith was at 6.1. The Seahawks have more interceptions than they have allowed passing touchdowns this year, every one of those QBs had the same amount of touchdowns as picks against them.
I dont care about any of that. You cant just always quote stats to justify everything. Watch the All 22 film. We have guys coming open alot of times, but like Alex has shown over and over, he has a time clock in his head and when it gets past 2 seconds, or his first read isnt open, he has a hard time simply keeping his head upfield seeing secondary routes and guys coming open. Instead he runs around in circles, looking to get outside the tackles to avoid pressure that isnt even there. I counted at least 3 throws in the game tonight without even needing the 22 flim, for huge gains where if he had just simply stepped up in the pocket and not checked down so quickly, he would have converted some first downs for huge gains. Alot of times, he looks like a rookie or a second year QB, trying not to make a mistake. He should be past that. I have no problems with him if he drives the ball deep on good reads and DB makes a play and a ball gets intercepted. What I don't like are him throwing ints on balls which should have never been thrown. 3 of his 5 ints this year have come on those such throws. The other two were just horrible throws that could have been completions if he had thrown a better ball.

Watch the throw CK makes to MM right before halftime against the G-Men. He throws it over the underneath coverage to a spot, with coverage over the top closing in. Those are throws Alex refuses to make but should be routine for a starting QB in this league. I'm not saying start CK because he still isnt ready but Alex is gun shy and its holding back the offense. Alex lacks confidence throwing into tighter windows that most starting QBs wouldn't think twice about.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 10-18-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I didn't feel like Alex played that poorly, outside of the overthrow of Williams early and the terrible interception when he had Moss open. The Seahawks have one of, if not the best cornerback duo in the league and they were blanketing our receivers, sometimes with questionable amounts of contact. Other QBs have posted pretty low Y/A against the Seahawks this year as well.

Brady: 6.8
Rodgers: 5.7
Romo: 6.3
Newton: 4.9

Smith was at 6.1. The Seahawks have more interceptions than they have allowed passing touchdowns this year, every one of those QBs had the same amount of touchdowns as picks against them.
Get out of here with rationalization.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I dont care about any of that. You cant just always quote stats to justify everything. Watch the All 22 film. We have guys coming open alot of times, but like Alex has shown over and over, he has a time clock in his head and when it gets past 2 seconds, or his first read isnt open, he has a hard time simply keeping his head upfield seeing secondary routes and guys coming open. Instead he runs around in circles, looking to get outside the tackles to avoid pressure that isnt even there. I counted at least 3 throws in the game tonight without even needing the 22 flim, for huge gains where if he had just simply stepped up in the pocket and not checked down so quickly, he would have converted some first downs for huge gains. Alot of times, he looks like a rookie or a second year QB, trying not to make a mistake. He should be past that. I have no problems with him if he drives the ball deep on good reads and DB makes a play and a ball gets intercepted. What I don't like are him throwing ints on balls which should have never been thrown. 3 of his 5 ints this year have come on those such throws. The other two were just horrible throws that could have been completions if he had thrown a better ball.

Watch the throw CK makes to MM right before halftime against the G-Men. He throws it over the underneath coverage to a spot, with coverage over the top present. Those are throws Alex refuses to make but should be routine for a starting QB in this league. I'm not saying start CK because he still isnt ready but Alex is gun shy and its holding back the offense. Alex lacks confidence throwing into tight windows most starting QBs would be comfortable with.
We have a mini bye week, with our next game on MNF @ Arizona in Week 8. Then a real bye week, before a sunday game against the Rams.

With all the extra preparation time, do you think we'll see more dedicated Kaepernick packages that deal with the pass? I mean, i don't want a 2 QB system, and i don't think Kaep is ready to start, nor do i think Alex will be benched anyways...but we just aren't getting any production out of our starting QB and its beyond frustrating now. I'm actually surprised that people seem OK with Alex's play.....
Old 10-18-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont care about any of that. You cant just always quote stats to justify everything. Watch the All 22 film.
I'm not even trying to argue but now everyone sounds like Greg Cosell. Can you post stills of all of these occasions where receivers are simply running open?

More and more seem to see "all-22" but noone ever provides visual for those that don't have access. Tonight, for instance, every play they showed (aside from the INT) receivers were blanketed.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'm actually surprised that people seem OK with Alex's play.....
Not OK with it. I just understand what Alex is. What I don't understand is why people think Alex is going to morph into Aaron Rodgers. I certainly didn't expect that. Really, I just want Alex to do what he does and also not turn the ball over. That's all I expect. If you think he's going to progress into a top QB, then you'll be here b!tching about him quite a bit.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have a mini bye week, with our next game on MNF @ Arizona in Week 8. Then a real bye week, before a sunday game against the Rams.

With all the extra preparation time, do you think we'll see more dedicated Kaepernick packages that deal with the pass? I mean, i don't want a 2 QB system, and i don't think Kaep is ready...but we just aren't getting any production out of our starting QB and its beyond frustrating now. And i don't see Harbaugh benching Alex.
We dont need him to be benched. We can win and go far with Alex if others around him dont falter, so to speak. But he needs to evolve as a QB in this scheme. I would use that time for Jimbaugh to ramp up his 'QB whisperer' mantra and prepare Alex as best he can for the road ahead. If he doesn't, better hope we as a defense play flawlessly in the playoffs because if we struggle even a little on offense, I can't see this team overcoming anything bigger than a 10 point lead against a playoff defense. And no team is going to be as dumb as Gregg Williams was with coverage late. Their going to force Alex to make throws into tight windows or touch throws deep and right now, I have zero faith that he can do either.

I don't think he played particularly bad at all against the Packers or the Lions because it was early. And even the Vikes game wasn't really bad, just meh. But every game from then on, I've been waiting to see him improve and aside from the Bills game, he's looked much worst.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The All-22 card. I'm an expert now!

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm not even trying to argue but now everyone sounds like Greg Cosell. Can you post stills of all of these occasions where receivers are simply running open?

More and more seem to see "all-22" but noone ever provides visual for those that don't have access. Tonight, for instance, every play they showed (aside from the INT) receivers were blanketed.
Stills? Nah, but its some links for some All-22 film up on the webzone forums. I watched replay of all the games with a friend of mine who's also a Niner fan and who gets the All-22 replay. But the evidence is there.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not OK with it. I just understand what Alex is. What I don't understand is why people think Alex is going to morph into Aaron Rodgers. I certainly didn't expect that. Really, I just want Alex to do what he does and also not turn the ball over. That's all I expect. If you think he's going to progress into a top QB, then you'll be here b!tching about him quite a bit.
I guess i was just dissapointed because he looked like he turned a corner Week 1 and 2....
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The All-22 card. I'm an expert now!
Never said I was a expert. But I trust my eyes. You dont even need the all 22 to see that Alex hears footsteps and bails way too often and doesn't allow deeper routes to develop.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Anyways, how about our run offense? The Seahawks have a top run D and we just ran all over them.

On another forum i go to, several Seahawks fans came into the 49ers sub-forum and literally laughed at 49ers fans who suggested we should run the ball. Talked about how they shut down the Patriots, so we stood no chance. All i have to say is LOLhawks.

Our pass D is also much improved. I think we're top 5 in passing yards allowed.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not a top QB but c'mon....is it too much to ask for him throw a decent deep ball with touch or slide up in the pocket once in awhile instead of bailing as soon as he sees the ends get up-field? Or for him to see two breaking routes come open and for him to take the deeper one for a change? If it is, then I'll dead all my dreams of this team being a SB contender and shut-up right now.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said we'll see come playoff time. Assuming this team makes the playoffs. Alex with either be praised for good play in a win, or grilled for his performance in a loss. I don't see our defense being the main reason we lose a game.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Trust me, you wont see me bring up Alex anymore. Its all out there now....sink or swim time for him and this offense. We shall see...
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a top QB but c'mon....is it too much to ask for him throw a decent deep ball with touch or slide up in the pocket once in awhile instead of bailing as soon as he sees the ends get up-field? Or for him to see two breaking routes come open and for him to take the deeper one for a change? If it is, then I'll dead all my dreams of this team being a SB contender and shut-up right now.
Nah, it's not too much to ask. But you're not going to like the answer. His ceiling has been reached. He is who he is at this point. He's not going to all of a sudden get better at these things. We just need to hope he can limit the mistakes and hope some guys step up and make plays.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Nah, it's not too much to ask. But you're not going to like the answer. His ceiling has been reached. He is who he is at this point. He's not going to all of a sudden get better at these things. We just need to hope he can limit the mistakes and hope some guys step up and make plays.
If that is your permanent stance on Alex I'd probably be boasting to start Kaepernick. You can't just stick with the status quo and assume it won't come back to bite your team.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Trust me, you wont see me bring up Alex anymore. Its all out there now....sink or swim time for him and this offense. We shall see...
I just hope Harbaugh doesn't "hide" him from this point on.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If that is your permanent stance on Alex I'd probably be boasting to start Kaepernick. You can't just stick with the status quo and assume it won't come back to bite your team.
It's not really a stance. That's just how I've felt about him for a couple of years. What we get right now is what people should expect. He's not going to be better than this. You just gotta hope he doesn't turn the ball over.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
It's not really a stance. That's just how I've felt about him for a couple of years. What we get right now is what people should expect. He's not going to be better than this. You just gotta hope he doesn't turn the ball over.
But are you comfortable as a fan with our quarterback situation? If you aren't I'm surprised you wouldn't want a change.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But are you comfortable as a fan with our quarterback situation? If you aren't I'm surprised you wouldn't want a change.
No, definitely not "comfortable." I wanted Manning.

But I don't want Kaep in there yet, so Smith it is. This team can win the Super Bowl with Smith, not with Kaep. He's not ready yet. I'm re-watching the game right now and this Seattle secondary is super good. There weren't a lot of open receivers on most plays. He missed those first 2 deep balls pretty badly though lol.

Couple of things:

1. Tufuaku wearing number 48 looks amazing. Looked faster and devastating.
2. Boone is the real deal. That guy is a stud. He was flatout dominating at both levels.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure do enjoy watching Gore pile up yards against Seattle.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 10-19-2012, 07:15 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see the Jets, Vikings, and Seahawks games as "decent", i see them as below average if not worse, and i guess thats where the fundamental disagreement comes from.
Considering how good those defenses are, especially against the pass, they are average games. The average QB against those defenses,

Packers:
58.3%
6.2 Y/A
1.6 TD (10)
1.3 INT (8)
76.8 QB rating

Smith:
76.9%
8.1 Y/A
2 TD
0 INT
125.6 QB rating

Lions:
64.7%
6.8 Y/A
1.4 TD (7)
0.4 INT (2)
92.7 QB rating

Smith:
64.5%
7.3 Y/A
2 TD
0 INT
107.7 QB rating

Vikings:
62.3%
5.8 Y/A
1.4 TD (7)
0.5 INT (3)
83.7 QB rating

Smith:
68.6%
5.8 Y/A
1 TD
1 INT
81.1 QB rating

Jets:
54.9%
6.5 Y/A
1 TD (6)
1.2 INT (7)
70.2 QB rating

Smith:
57.1%
6.8 Y/A
0 TD
0 INT
78.1 QB rating

Bills:
60.3%
7.4 Y/A
2.2 TD (13)
1 INT (6)
91.8 QB rating

Smith:
75%
12.6 Y/A
3 TD
0 INT
156.2 QB rating

Seahawks:
57.8%
5.8 Y/A
0.9 TD (6)
0.9 INT (6)
72.5 QB rating

Smith:
60.9%
6.1 Y/A
1 TD
1 INT
74.5 QB rating

I consider a QB to be performing decently if he does as well as what the average QB does against a certain defense. The only two games where Smith played worse than the average QB against a certain defense this year were the Vikings game, just slightly worse, and the Giants. In all five other games he has outperformed the averages against that team, by a lot in three of those cases.

Does Alex Smith have his problems? Definitely. I agree that he is at times very gunshy, though a lot of it has to do with receivers simply not being open downfield, and I agree that he sometimes hears "footsteps" and bails too early. But every QB has their problems. Alex isn't Peyton or Brady or Rodgers. He isn't even close. He is a borderline top 10 QB who the 49ers can win the Super Bowl with.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-19-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wanted to mention that I'm very proud of myself for not posting any pics of midgets when describing Russell Wilson. It took a lot of internal struggling to pull that off. I think I've grown.
The force is strong with you Borat.

Unless, of course, the Niners had lost in a Packers-style situation.

Then, bring on the midget photos.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex is exhausting, I"m done thinking he's anything other than a short-term guy, but I will say I was impressed with how he moved the ball vs. that D in the second half.

I can't blame anybody but Alex for this miscues though, KW was wide open and Moss was even more open, I"m just tired of it.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely will take the win but it was overall uninspiring to watch. A somewhat ugly win is still a win and that is the most important thing. Special teams coverage unit and return game looked improved, which was starting to look like a black eye on this team. Thought the D could have even done more, but their pressure (not sacks) were on Russell was consistent. When they finally started to pressure more up the middle in the kid's face, they had better results. Alex's numbers weren't horrendous but he hasn't been passing the eye test for me thee last couple games. His confidence looks a little shaken within the last 2 games. I'm hoping he continues to progress, much like what we saw the second half of last year an the playoffs, and with his demeanor early this season.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Closed Thread