Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a bigger concern than Smith and thats Gore. He has bruised ribs. Anyone know how long it takes to fully heal from that? Will he be 100% in ten days against the Cardinals in ARZ?

As for Smith, I wish Harbaugh would stop putting Kaepernick in after a big play whether its after a Smith pass or a Gore run. You just knew that after the big run by Gore and Smith being taken out, something bad was going to happen. To me, its stuff like this that needs to be eliminated. As tired as I am of Smith, im even more tired with all this gadget/trick/wildcat plays. Against a better overall team (like the Giants), this crap wont work and it barely works against lesser teams.

Sometimes, I think that Harbaugh is sabotaging his own QB just to justify the possibility that Smith gets released in the off-season and he goes with Kaepernick who after all, is his own drafted guy. This may sound far fetched but thats just the feeling I get when I see Harbaugh sub in Kaepernick after a big pass or run play.

On another note, if Turk is now a FB and Dobbs is a TE, who the hell is left on the DL?
Old 10-19-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Sometimes, I think that Harbaugh is sabotaging his own QB just to justify the possibility that Smith gets released in the off-season and he goes with Kaepernick who after all, is his own drafted guy. This may sound far fetched but thats just the feeling I get when I see Harbaugh sub in Kaepernick after a big pass or run play.
It is kind of strange, but I have an uneasy feeling that Harbaugh and company are trying to make Kapernick a bigger part of the gameplan on Sundays to try and push him towards the starting role. Or rather, get him as much experience as possible. I'd be shocked though if the 49ers coaching staff went that far though and were so unsure about their QB position. Kaepernick usually comes in on gadget plays anyways.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Kaepernick plays need to end too, im tired of that crap. The guy is a freaking project with a weird throwing motion, he's not a natural thrower. We are going to have serious QB problems in a couple years, we better win now. Kap is like a taller Troy Smiff.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd wish Harbaugh would just go full throttle with Alex. Don't hide him, don't sub in Kaepernick. Just roll with him good or bad. Go pass happy if you want. Or run the ball. Just don't hide him.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. I try to make a comment about both QBs last night and everyone goes right to the Alex Smith part. I even put Wilson's stats first to try and prove it wasn't just about Smith. Then I always get dragged into arguments with people who refuse to objectively look at the numbers.

Turning over a new leaf right now. I will no longer even talk about Alex Smith outside of the 49ers board. Dead serious this time. I want you all to negative rep me from now on if I do.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Ugh. I try to make a comment about both QBs last night and everyone goes right to the Alex Smith part. I even put Wilson's stats first to try and prove it wasn't just about Smith. Then I always get dragged into arguments with people who refuse to objectively look at the numbers.

Turning over a new leaf right now. I will no longer even talk about Alex Smith outside of the 49ers board. Dead serious this time. I want you all to negative rep me from now on if I do.
I think that's a good idea ... again.

You can't beat the mob.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, this time I am serious. Don't care what is said over there anymore. People are just so irrational when it comes to discussions about Alex Smith outside of this forum. They have their opinion on him and it doesn't change no matter what factual information is presented to them. It seems like a lot of them, I won't mention any names, just ignore the information altogether and resort to flaming and thinly-veiled insults. I thought this was an intelligent forum where you could have an intelligent debate supported by facts and stats. Clearly I was wrong in applying this to Alex Smith.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 10-19-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should do something to instantly change the subject. Like anytime someone mentions Alex, we immediately start talking about Frank Gore.

Poster: Alex Smith sucks so much dong
Borat: Frank Gore is amazing
Poster: Smith is a busdriver
Borat: Gore is a Humvee with gold-plated awesome
Poster: But I'm trying to tell you how much Smith sucks
Borat: I agree that Gore is a monster
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We should do something to instantly change the subject. Like anytime someone mentions Alex, we immediately start talking about Frank Gore.

lol I'm down
Old 10-19-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
It is kind of strange, but I have an uneasy feeling that Harbaugh and company are trying to make Kapernick a bigger part of the gameplan on Sundays to try and push him towards the starting role. Or rather, get him as much experience as possible. I'd be shocked though if the 49ers coaching staff went that far though and were so unsure about their QB position. Kaepernick usually comes in on gadget plays anyways.
I understand that Kaepernick will eventually be our starting QB since that's what he was drafted to be but the experience he's getting is the opposite of what it should be. He should be getting experience being a pocket passer but with the ability to scramble/run if/when he has to. Gadget plays arent going to improve him as a QB and I dont want him to be a Tebow type. He has one hell of an arm and honestly, his accuracy has been pretty good and better than expected which is why if he's going to get playing time and experience, it should be to throw the ball down the field which he has done here and there but he's more of a gadget guy and I hate that. If he cant become a Young/McNabb/Cunningham/Culpepper type QB, we're going to always have a problem with the QB position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
The Kaepernick plays need to end too, im tired of that crap. The guy is a freaking project with a weird throwing motion, he's not a natural thrower. We are going to have serious QB problems in a couple years, we better win now. Kap is like a taller Troy Smiff.
I wouldnt go that far. I dont care how his throwing motion looks. He has a cannon for an arm and his accuracy isnt as bad as you would expect it to be. My problem with Kaepernick is that they're using him just for gadget plays where as he should be used to throw the ball down field but yet, have the option to run if the receivers are covered. The problem is that the majority of the time, he just runs and thats not going to do anything for the offense.

Quote:
I'd wish Harbaugh would just go full throttle with Alex. Don't hide him, don't sub in Kaepernick. Just roll with him good or bad. Go pass happy if you want. Or run the ball. Just don't hide him.
I agree with this. I would only bring in Kapernick to take a shot deep but not after a big play from Smith because it would take away the momentum.

Either way, our QB situation is unsteady at best and thats not a good thing. Add in the gadget plays with Kaepernick and subbing him in from time to time and well, its not going to get any better than what it is.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I understand that Kaepernick will eventually be our starting QB since that's what he was drafted to be but the experience he's getting is the opposite of what it should be. He should be getting experience being a pocket passer but with the ability to scramble/run if/when he has to. Gadget plays arent going to improve him as a QB and I dont want him to be a Tebow type. He has one hell of an arm and honestly, his accuracy has been pretty good and better than expected which is why if he's going to get playing time and experience, it should be to throw the ball down the field which he has done here and there but he's more of a gadget guy and I hate that. If he cant become a Young/McNabb/Cunningham/Culpepper type QB, we're going to always have a problem with the QB position.

I wouldnt go that far. I dont care how his throwing motion looks. He has a cannon for an arm and his accuracy isnt as bad as you would expect it to be. My problem with Kaepernick is that they're using him just for gadget plays where as he should be used to throw the ball down field but yet, have the option to run if the receivers are covered. The problem is that the majority of the time, he just runs and thats not going to do anything for the offense.

I agree with this. I would only bring in Kapernick to take a shot deep but not after a big play from Smith because it would take away the momentum.

Either way, our QB situation is unsteady at best and thats not a good thing. Add in the gadget plays with Kaepernick and subbing him in from time to time and well, its not going to get any better than what it is.
Omg Frank Gore is so good.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stat from .com:

The 49ers are 17-0 under Jim Harbaugh when Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter combine for 20 carries.

Doesn't seem like that hard of an equation to me.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 10-19-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Omg Frank Gore is so good.
Yeah, let's all just go back to the late '00s where all we ever talked about was how awesome Frank Gore is.

Did you know that Frank Gore is awesome? Let me show you:

EDIT: I am sorry, I cannot resist posting in that Alex Smith thread. I'll fall on that sword, you guys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Last edited by Brent : 10-19-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

49ers coaching staff implying Smith's finger is bothering him?

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10...-past-2-games/

Could just be Harbaugh being Harbaugh, it seems like at least two of the four picks were just terrible decisions, but Alex does seem to be throwing high a lot in the past couple of games. That would be consistent with an injured middle finger, he wouldn't be able to fully grip the ball so it would have a tendency to sail. Meh
Old 10-19-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Maybe his finger is bothering him, who knows. The last two games he's made bad reads a good amount of the time and/or just hasn't located the open guy. Maybe his finger has effected some his long balls, which haven't been on point since the Bills game. Maybe not. I'm more concerned about his instincts and confidence.

It's a real shame Alex hasn't turned the corner. When he is on point, he looks pretty good, but it's always something with this guy.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Stat from .com:

The 49ers are 17-0 under Jim Harbaugh when Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter combine for 20 carries.

Doesn't seem like that hard of an equation to me.
RUN RUN RUN!!! Until it fails, RUN RUN RUN!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I don't know if it has even been mentioned yet but our offensive line was fantastic last night. The Seahawks had 17 sacks entering the game, and where basically living in opposing backfields, but they only had two sacks against us and they were both coverage sacks. Not to mention how great the entire line was in the running game
Old 10-19-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Yeah the OL was dominating at the point of attack. My boy Boone had a near perfect night. He won almost every down and destroyed LBs on the trap plays.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah it's gotten to the point now where there is FAR, FAR, FAR more anti-Smith trolling than Smith-homerisms.

Let us use it against them.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh yeah

Old 10-20-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
49ers coaching staff implying Smith's finger is bothering him?

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/10...-past-2-games/

Could just be Harbaugh being Harbaugh, it seems like at least two of the four picks were just terrible decisions, but Alex does seem to be throwing high a lot in the past couple of games. That would be consistent with an injured middle finger, he wouldn't be able to fully grip the ball so it would have a tendency to sail. Meh
I hope Gore's ribs are better.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe his finger is bothering him, who knows. The last two games he's made bad reads a good amount of the time and/or just hasn't located the open guy. Maybe his finger has effected some his long balls, which haven't been on point since the Bills game. Maybe not. I'm more concerned about his instincts and confidence.

It's a real shame Alex hasn't turned the corner. When he is on point, he looks pretty good, but it's always something with this guy.
Gore ran like man possessed.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

gore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

btw, watching this makes me so excited about our future backfield:

Old 10-20-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Like Hunter a lot but wish James would get some playing time because they're going to be our RB combo once Gore is done.
Closed Thread