Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

this ******* thread does not need to exist.
The fact that Ken Park has been used in a football thread wins the internet.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
with Frank Gore....this is the Alex SMith thread!! lol
I see what you did there...

Last edited by phlysac : 10-19-2012 at 11:23 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
The fact that Ken Park has been used in a football thread wins the internet.

oh were you talking? sorry, I was too busy watching Frank Gore eat people's lunch

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with ALex Smith is I think he's peaked. He's never going to be a guy who throws for 35+ TDs and 4K yards. Harbaugh has maxed out Smith's game and the 49ers are winning with him, but at the same time Alex Smith is by far the weakest link on a SB caliber football team.

Stephen A. Smith made a comment yesterday that there was very little difference in talent between Mark Sanchez and Alex Smith, and if you flipped their teams they would have had the same level of success or failure as their predecessor.

ALex Smith IMO is a great guy, tough minded, smart. He's persevered through a lot of coaching instability in SF and I respect him for that.
But I still don't think there's a great QB hiding somewhere inside his uni.

Watch what happens when CK is finally given the reins at QB.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 10-20-2012 at 08:53 AM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many peope forget that Smith never had that big of an upside to begin with. Coming out of college, there were so many question marks. Arm strength, accuracy, being able to adjust from the Urban Meyer offense.

I'll say this, he's developed into an average QB, but he can't go punch for punch with a team like Green Bay or New York when it counts in my opinion. (Yeah sure, they won in Green Bay in week 1, but that's not where you win championships).

Against the Giants and then on Thursday night, he just doesn't seem like the QB that can move the offense nor scare any defense vertically. That's why kaepernick was drafted in my opinion. He was raw, but under the tuteledge of Harbaugh, and sitting behind Smith, I think Kaepernick takes over in 2013 as the starter.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Old 10-20-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just sucks throwing it deep . All there is too it.We need to draft another QB next year...
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I'll say this, he's developed into an average QB, but he can't go punch for punch with a team like Green Bay or New York when it counts in my opinion.
To be fair, he did last year with Brees in the playoffs. We have to at least give him credit for that and not act like it never happened. But I love me some CK quite a bit, I can't wait until he gets a chance to lead this team. I'd be surprised with how much Harbaugh liked him if he was a total bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's what I call the David Garrard type qb. Not good enough to get you where you want to go, but not bad enough to put you in a position in the draft to be able to get a guy who can replace him.

Those guys get you stuck in football purgatory. The 49ers are so damn talented that they can potentially go to a championship with this kind of qb, but I just can't bet on the guy to get it done bc of his limitations.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So many peope forget that Smith never had that big of an upside to begin with. Coming out of college, there were so many question marks. Arm strength, accuracy, being able to adjust from the Urban Meyer offense.

I'll say this, he's developed into an average QB, but he can't go punch for punch with a team like Green Bay or New York when it counts in my opinion. (Yeah sure, they won in Green Bay in week 1, but that's not where you win championships).

Against the Giants and then on Thursday night, he just doesn't seem like the QB that can move the offense nor scare any defense vertically. That's why kaepernick was drafted in my opinion. He was raw, but under the tuteledge of Harbaugh, and sitting behind Smith, I think Kaepernick takes over in 2013 as the starter.
Why was Smith picked #1 if there were this many question marks?
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post

Are you asking this because you felt he was deserving of number 1, or do you actually want to know?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Why was Jamarcus Russell taken #1 ? He just had a big arm that's it. Smith had more questions than arm strength. Offensive scheme, ability to read defenses and did he have enough arm strength to make every throw on the route tree.

Gms make mistakes. I mean Vince young was picked #3 overall based on college production and not how he'd translate to the nfl.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It helped that Aaron Rodgers had this working against him:

WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

"Game manager"

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It helped that Aaron Rodgers had this working against him:

Is this one of the rare occurences where we can say Kyle Boller has been quite successful?

Last edited by Job Reborn : 10-20-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Incredibly sad that Trent Dilfer is the best QB that came out of that bunch.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And he went 5-1 in the playoffs? Not too bad Trent.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
"Game manager"
All qbs need to be game managers. Peyton manning refers to himself as a game manager as well.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
All qbs need to be game managers. Peyton manning refers to himself as a game manager as well.
First off Peyton is not a gm manager, he's a gm changer. A gm manager is a QB who just does enough to not throw the gm away. Secondly, don't bring up #18's name in this thread as a comparison to Alex Smith. That's just blasphemous. Also btw, when Peyton refers to himself as a "Game manager" he's just showing humility.

Last edited by Polamalu_is_God : 10-20-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
First off Peyton is not a gm manager, he's a gm changer. A gm manager is a QB who just does enough to not throw the gm away. Secondly, don't bring up #18's name in this thread as a comparison to Alex Smith. Also btw, when Peyton refers to himself as a "Game manager" he's just showing humility.
No doubt Peyton isn't in the class as Alex Smith. Start reading my posts. What I'm saying is if a qb doesn't know how to manage a game ten they're not very good.

The term game manager is something that shouldn't be used to describe an average qb.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did someone say Game Changer?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No doubt Peyton isn't in the class as Alex Smith. Start reading my posts. What I'm saying is if a qb doesn't know how to manage a game ten they're not very good.

The term game manager is something that shouldn't be used to describe an average qb.
I don't think you're getting it. If you're a top tier QB its obvious you can manage a game, but you can also win a game for your team and can do so much more. Someone like Alex Smith can only manage a game but hardly ever win it for his team. So he's stuck in that Game Manager tier, which should absolutely be used to describe a QB that can do nothing more than take care of the ball and manage to not **** everything up.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I don't think you're getting it. If you're a top tier QB its obvious you can manage a game, but you can also win a game for your team and can do so much more. Someone like Alex Smith can only manage a game but hardly ever win it for his team. So he's stuck in that Game Manager tier, which should absolutely be used to describe a QB that can do nothing more than take care of the ball and manage to not **** everything up.
What he said. Thank you.