Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-12-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to Jim Wyatt, Munch expects Casey to be fine.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperDosPuntoCero View Post
On a scale from Mike Martin's calves to Mike Martin's gun show, how awesome is Mike Martin? I'll hang up and listen.
Almost as awesome as Jake Locker WHO IS THE BEST AND YOU SHOULD LOVE NOW!

Also, in other news, Kendall Wright is absolutely raping the other rookie WR's. I know he has an extra game, but he's leading them all with 33 receptions (#2 has 14 rec), 285 yards (#2 has 184 yds), and 2 TD's.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend and I were talking about draft backfires/busts and in particular, the worst individual draft classes for franchises. 2007 has to be the worst draft in Titans/Oilers history.

1 (19). Michael Griffin, S, Texas
2 (50). Chris Henry, RB, Arizona
3 (80). Paul Williams, WR, Fresno State
4 (115). Leroy Harris, C/G, NC State
4 (128). Chris Davis, WR, Florida State
5 (152). Antonio Johnson, DT, Mississippi State
6 (188). Joel Filani, WR, Texas Tech
6 (204). Jacob Ford, DE, Central Arkansas
6 (206). Ryan Smith, CB, Florida
7 (223). Mike Otto, OT, Purdue

I feel like ranting about all of these picks. I won't dive into Griffin because everybody else has already yelled about him in recent weeks on here, so I'll start with...

Chris Henry. He might be the worst pick of any team in the past ten years. I know JaMarcus Russell was a bigger bust but at least he was drafted at a position of need and was highly touted as a prospect; Henry was neither of these things. The Titans already drafted LenDale White the year before in the second round and if they needed a complimentary back, there is no way a guy who averaged 3.3 yards per carry in college was the best option available. Brian Leonard was sitting there. Leonard ran the 40 at 4.49, only .09 less than Henry and unlike Henry, he actually started and produced in college. Even worse is the fact the Titans leading receiver from 2006, Drew Bennett, departed in free agency. This left Bobby Wade and his 33 receptions as the top pass catcher on the roster. The team desperately needed wide receivers. Most of the top pass catchers were off the board at pick 50 but Steve Smith was still available. Smith increased his production every year at USC and would have helped immensely at an area of need upon his arrival. Maybe the Titans thought better receivers would be available later, which brings us to...

Paul Williams. A receiver who caught only 65 passes during his junior and senior seasons. He wasn't a workout warrior or a guy limited by a poor supporting cast, just a mediocre college receiver; somebody you would take with the 200th selection and hope for the best. 6 of the previous 7 picks leading up to Williams were WRs, so it's possible the Titans panicked, knowing they blew their chance at a receiver by selecting Chris Henry in the second round. Had the Titans gone with Smith in the second, they could have grabbed Michael Bush, Tony Hunt or Garrett Wolfe in the third, all of whom were regarded as better prospects than Henry. So instead of grabbing a pair of solid offensive weapons at WR and RB, they decided to draft unproven and unpolished prospects.

This isn't revisionist history because I haven't even mentioned what Henry and Williams brought to the table during their careers in the NFL:

Henry: 32 att, 122 yds, 2 td, 3.8 y/a; 6 rec, 53 yds, 8.8 y/r
Williams: 1 rec, 7 yds

A combined total of 39 offensive touches for 182 yards and 2 touchdowns. I hope whoever suggested these picks is no longer working in the NFL because that is nothing short of appalling. But the fun doesn't stop there, as the next pick is...

Leroy Harris. There may not be a more hated player on this board than Harris, but let's try to take that away for a second look at him as a prospect. He was a solid interior lineman coming out of college and I can't really fault the Titans for taking him. Harris also fit a need for the team as they were lacking depth along the interior. In retrospect, the pick is horrendous because Harris sucks a million dicks, but at the time, it was a fair pick. However, there's still more trash around the corner...

Chris Davis. Not a horrendous prospect but there was arguably a better receiver prospect available in Steve Breaston. Considering the Titans used Davis primarily as a punt returner, I don't understand why they picked him over Breaston, who averaged nearly 5 more yards per punt return in college than Davis. Even just as a weapon on offense, Breaston is better in terms of touches and yardage, but comes up slightly short on touchdowns and average yards. In hindsight, it's clear the Titans made the wrong choice as Breaston blows Davis out of the water in NFL production.

Breaston: 252 rec, 3357 yds, 13.3 y/r, 9 td
Davis: 7 rec, 69 yds, 9.9 y/r

I'm not even including the return stats because the receiving numbers make it clear enough. However, looking at things in retrospect is unfair but I still maintain that Breaston made more sense when weighing both as prospects and considering what they used Davis for in the NFL. Think this lack of production from the picks is bad? It gets worse...

Antonio Johnson. Johnson contributed literally nothing to the team. He never saw a single snap with the Titans due to a leg injury and lack of skill that relegated him to the practice squad. He now sees occasional playing time with the Colts as a back-up DT. Depth at the position wasn't a massive need for the Titans during the draft and while there wasn't a glaringly better prospect at the position available, there were better prospects period. Pacman Jones had just been suspended for the entire 2007 season, they clearly needed cornerback depth. William G-a-y was available and was a far more productive CB at Louisville than Johnson was as a DT at Mississippi State. In fact, G-a-y actually had more sacks during his college career than Johnson, who never managed to secure one. Just terrible. The Titans would continue this with...

Joel Filani. I'm willing to forgive this one because Filani was very productive at Texas Tech. He's never played a down in the NFL but I can at least comprehend the selection based on his prospect profile, which is more than I can say for Chris Henry. Furthermore, this late in the draft, it's really tough to make a quality investment. However, the Titans did manage that with...

Jacob Ford. He performed quite well as a rotational DE for the team in 2008 and 2009. Not an all-pro by any means but a perfectly acceptable selection at 204. Which is what they probably hoped from...

Ryan Smith. He had a decent college career and fit an area of need so the selection wasn't illogical by any means. Smith never saw a down in the NFL but that's not too uncommon this late in the draft. Made sense, just didn't pan out. Maybe they just wanted him for depth like...

Mike Otto. In the 7th round, you're just looking for a guy who can hopefully make it to the final roster and provide some depth. Otto is still with the team and that's more you can say for most 7th rounders 6 seasons later. Solid but unspectacular pick.

Of those 10 selections, only 2 people provided anything of significant worth, Griffin and Ford. The selections of Henry and Williams are just beyond words in their stupidity.

I dare someone to find me a worst draft class by any team in the past ten years. What are your thoughts on this colossal screw-up of scouting and decision making?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember watching that draft and hating pretty much everything about it. I think after it was over, my favorite pick was LeRoy. For a while it looked like he was going to be a solid starter one day as he did well in spot-duty but now he sucks so that's unfortunate.

I remember afterwards as well, me and my dad just brutally ragging every one of the wide receiver picks. Hated all of them. Made the Roby, Williams, Jones triumvirate of WR picks from a couple of years earlier look like studs. Bleh. Am I wrong, or was this Reinfeldt's first draft as our GM?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it was his first and at the time I felt like it should have been his last.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Johnson pushed back Amano into CJ last year. We suck at picking WR's outside the 1st.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh...I remember how I wanted Dwayne Jarrett real bad that draft.

Leon Hall, obviously with my Michigan bias was high on my list too.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Antonio Johnson pushed back Amano into CJ last year. We suck at picking WR's outside the 1st.
Damian Williams is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Ugh...I remember how I wanted Dwayne Jarrett real bad that draft.

Leon Hall, obviously with my Michigan bias was high on my list too.
I wanted Dwayne Bowe or Robert Meachem in the first and the best receiver available in the second on top of that. The receiving corps at the time was horrendous on every conceivable level.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Clowney came out this year and we lost the rest of our games. He is so damn good. He would solve our passrushing problems.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been awhile since we had a CJ day.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

And again...

Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Griffin end up getting benched?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won! And I'm happy!! But our defense is still putrid and their inability to tackle anyone is very worrisome. Tackling, pass rush, and man coverage. Those are 3 things that we are very bad at, and that is still scary as hell moving forward.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cj didn't want to disappoint with me in attendance

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

But it was nice to see that even though the overall defense played poorly, a few guys that we needed to step up to make plays came through. Wimbley sacked and forced and fumble on Fitzpatrick, Morgan recovered the fumble, and then McCourty had the uber clutch interception. Then the offense was able to take those turnovers and cash them in for 14 points.

Proud of the offense too. Seems like everybody did their part today. Still anxious for Locker to get back.

Still bitter sweet about winning. I'll always, always, always take the win, but I kinda root for teams based on NFLDC posters I like, and McGee, Rob, and fischbowl are some of the coolest around. PLUS I REALLY WANT STARRRRRRR!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Out of the 33 defensive players currently on some form of the roster, there are only 7 that I want to see on the team next season.

Casey, Martin, McCarthy, Ayers, Brown, McCourty, Verner

Everyone else on defense, even the backups, can go suck a bag of dicks.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Hopefully Markelle Martin can come in soon and get some PT. Then we can see if he'll ever do anything for us.

I'm still perplexed with Tommie Campbell seemingly being in the doghouse.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Hopefully Markelle Martin can come in soon and get some PT. Then we can see if he'll ever do anything for us.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Markelle Martin. He can stay too.

Unrelated: Today, I found out Diora Baird is pregnant. Saddest news ever.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Agree on both points. I'd like to know what we have in Martin sooner rather than later if he's healthy. Campbell also can't be worse than Mouton, seriously.

If Martin shows nothing, I think my favorite draft eligible player this year is Matt Elam, despite him being a gator.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Agree on both points. I'd like to know what we have in Martin sooner rather than later if he's healthy. Campbell also can't be worse than Mouton, seriously.

If Martin shows nothing, I think my favorite draft eligible player this year is Matt Elam, despite him being a gator.
Dude, I thought I was going crazy because I see all the hype for T.J. McDonald and Eric Reid, but Elam has always impressed me a bit more. Glad to know I'm not the only one keeping an eye on him.

Also, Alex, imagine how sad I was when I found out Diora was pregnant and the kid wasn't even mine. I may have shed a single tear that day. And that's strange because my insides are made of robot parts.

Anyways. I'm pretty sure she's about to finally pop, so hopefully she can get back to modeling and whatnot in a year or so.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm really high on Elam too. Was kinda bummed PF28 passed on him in the 2nd RD of the forum mock. Super physical for his size, and adds personality to a defense. The SEC has a very good crop of safeties this year in Reid, Elam, Lester, and both South Carolina and Georgia have great duos.

I'm for getting the young guys playing time as well, especially Zach Brown. If McCarthy is hurt, then why not play Spoon at MIKE and Brown at WLB? Zac Diles is good depth due to being able to play all 3 spots, but I don't think he's worth playing considering the state of the defense and the need to know what we have in Brown. And even when Diles got hurt, it was Tim Shaw who came in. I'd throw Coty Sensabaugh into the argument as well. It looks like Mike Martin is getting snaps, and even some coverage assignments, lol.

Either way, we may be better off drafting the best defensive player available, regardless of position. I think we have plenty of guys worth hanging on to, but some starters would be better served as reserves or part of a platoon.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was kinda surprised at Brown not getting more PT this week, I thought his game against the Steelers was his best so far this year. The staff just seems dead set on having Witherspoon in there when he's healthy. The way I see it both he and Diles should be backups.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I think we have plenty of guys worth hanging on to, but some starters would be better served as reserves or part of a platoon.
I kinda see it that way as well.

Wimbley, Morgan, Marks basically all need to come off of the bench if they are kept. And like I've said before, I'd prefer if ATV was our all-time nickel, but we have too many other fish to fry at this point to worry about another starting corner I guess.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think you can win with these corners, although their performance in man coverage this year has almost made me wanna rethink that stance.

However, if you have what you think is a Revis/Bailey/Peterson staring you in the face as your highest rated player, then you take him. I don't think we can afford to be picky as long as it's a defensive player. I don't know if there is that kind of prospect out there this year as I honestly haven't paid much attention to the corners, other than Johnathan Banks who has been a flat out stud.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also, Alex, imagine how sad I was when I found out Diora was pregnant and the kid wasn't even mine. I may have shed a single tear that day. And that's strange because my insides are made of robot parts.

Anyways. I'm pretty sure she's about to finally pop, so hopefully she can get back to modeling and whatnot in a year or so.
Yeah, unless her body goes to hell - my greatest fear in life. Also, I wanna know who knocked her up.

Do you think management realizes Griffin sucks and cuts him during the offseason or are we doomed to experience Lamont Thompson 2.0 because of his contract?

Quote: