Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
What do you expect?, He is a coach thats the same age as his players whos season waas doomed from the start, you would need a drink too the way things were going. I just say wrong place, wrong time. I still saw some good leadership ability in that short time. Bucs fans need to stop placing 100% of the blame on Raheem the dream.
I feel like you are implying he deserves a shot now. Everyone here vehemently disagrees with that, but they aren't saying he doesn't deserve another shot for the rest of time.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I wouldn't overlook Todd Haley in Pittsburgh. To me, he got a raw deal in KC. (IDK if Cheifs fans have there own opinion). I don't think he was completely on board with the Cassell move back in 2009 as he was a system QB that couldn't adjust without Charlie Weiss.

NOTE: Cheifs could always hire Josh McDaniels, keep Cassell.
Haley aint goin nowhere.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
How about Dirk Koetter? He's doing a great job with the Atlanta Falcons offense this year and has had head coaching experience on the college level.
He needs great players around him to have any success. If he becomes a head coach in 2013, there's a good chance that team looks like the 2011 Jags. If I were him, I'd stay in Atlanta and continue to ball with Ryan.
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only real candidate in New England is Josh McDaniels, but I don't think he'll leave this soon. I wouldn't be particularly upset if he did though.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
The only real candidate in New England is Josh McDaniels, but I don't think he'll leave this soon. I wouldn't be particularly upset if he did though.
After his reign of terror in Denver, not a chance he ever gets a head coach job again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
After his reign of terror in Denver, not a chance he ever gets a head coach job again.
Unfortunately false. If he has a few good seasons calling plays in New England, some team will hire him again.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Unfortunately false. If he has a few good seasons calling plays in New England, some team will hire him again.
Plus he's young enough that he could still hypothetically learn how to be less of a fucknut.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're kidding me right? In two years he turned Jay Cutler/Peyton Hillis/Brandon Marshall/Tony Scheffler into Tim Tebow/Knowshown Moreno/Demaryius Thomas/Dan Gronkowski. He's a total shithead and should never be allowed near a position of absolute power again.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're kidding me right? In two years he turned Jay Cutler/Peyton Hillis/Brandon Marshall/Tony Scheffler into Tim Tebow/Knowshown Moreno/Demaryius Thomas/Dan Gronkowski. He's a total shithead and should never be allowed near a position of absolute power again.
Absolute power, no. But some owner trying to bring a little bit of that "Patriots way" to his team will consider McDaniels one day.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just hoping that Josh McDaniels is at the top of some poor suckers' wishlist come january...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also think that a lot of what led to McDaniels' failure was that he was allowed to become a general manager in his first head coaching stint (at 33 years old.) That's a little bit too much for any young, relatively inexperienced head coach to handle. His personnel moves were worse than his coaching.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Absolute power, no. But some owner trying to bring a little bit of that "Patriots way" to his team will consider McDaniels one day.
I love how that Patriots way garbage has backfired every single time. Let's count them, shall we?

Romeo Crennel, Cleveland Browns
Charlie Weis, Notre Dame
Eric Mangini, New York Jets
Josh McDaniels, Denver Broncos
Eric Mangini, Cleveland Browns

Got any more?

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I love how that Patriots way garbage has backfired every single time. Let's count them, shall we?

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame

Got any more?
That hasn't stopped any team from trying yet.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone will give Bill O'Brien a wheelbarrow of money and power to lure him away from Penn State before they try McDaniels, IMO.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame

Got any more?
You're forgetting Pioli in KC. However, all these examples are missing the key ingredient: Bill Belichick. He's installed a program that takes care of everything and communicates everything the same way all the way through the organization. You can't recreate what BB has done in NE without BB.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'm just hoping that Josh McDaniels is at the top of some poor suckers' wishlist come january...
The Browns.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
The Browns.
That was actually who I was thinking of.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudders View Post
Ex-HC Mike Nolan – Nolan was an underwhelming head coach, but he’s rattled off a string of impressive coordinator jobs since then. He found success with Denver and Miami and has improved Atlanta’s defense with similar personnel. If the Falcons live up to people’s expectations for them without a premier pass-rusher, Nolan could become one of hottest commodities on the coaching carousel.
That Niners gig he had was never going to pan out. It was one of those hires that was clearly going to end in him being fired. Just not enough talent on the team to start. He'll get another shot and (I am likely the only Niners fan who thinks this) I believe he'll be successful.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Someone will give Bill O'Brien a wheelbarrow of money and power to lure him away from Penn State before they try McDaniels, IMO.
That's also possible, especially since he's doing surprisingly well this year. Penn State pissed away the first two games of the year by blowing 2nd half leads and have won ever since. I would say that the upper echelon teams in conference formerly known as the Big 10 should blow them out...but there aren't really any upper echelon teams in there anymore...
Old 10-21-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

I don't think Bill O'Brien would just ditch Penn State; it's not like he's Lane Kiffin or Bobby Petrino. The reason most Belichick disciples fail in my opinion is that they attempt to run their organization like Belichick does but without the credibility that Belichick has from his championships.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I don't think Bill O'Brien would just ditch Penn State; it's not like he's Lane Kiffin or Bobby Petrino. The reason most Belichick disciples fail in my opinion is that they attempt to run their organization like Belichick does but without the credibility that Belichick has from his championships.
That, yeah. But also he has a huge buyout that is basically equal to all the compensation he is due for the rest of the contract. So he's not going anywhere for at least a few years, but don't rule it out if by year 3 or 4 of Penn State's post season ban he's having a lot of success.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Charlie Weis, Notre Dame

Got any more?
Dimitroff (sp?) in Atlanta. I know he hasn't won any gold yet, but that team is looking like fire. Hmm, I wonder if having a QB makes a difference?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ooops. Double post. My bad.

Last edited by villagewarrior : 10-22-2012 at 01:42 PM.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
You're forgetting Pioli in KC. However, all these examples are missing the key ingredient: Bill Belichick. He's installed a program that takes care of everything and communicates everything the same way all the way through the organization. You can't recreate what BB has done in NE without BB.
Yeah, that's the point. It doesn't work without BB.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Thomas Dimitroff is the exception to that rule.