Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rutgers goes undefeated, they definitely deserve to go to a BSC Bowl, even without the Big East's automatic bid. But the Championship Game? I don't think so. Even if they are the only undefeated team left, I doubt they are ranked in the top two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Clemson wins out (and FSU doesn't trip up vs. VT), the ACC could very easily have 2 BCS bids again. No way the Fiesta Bowl would choose Rutgers over Boise State either, looking at travel and attendance that would be as good of a decision as the ACC adding Pitt and Syracuse.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
If Rutgers goes undefeated, they definitely deserve to go to a BSC Bowl, even without the Big East's automatic bid. But the Championship Game? I don't think so. Even if they are the only undefeated team left, I doubt they are ranked in the top two.
Yup, I don't see a scenario with Rutgers in the Title Game. Maybe if everyone else has 2 losses?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Yup, I don't see a scenario with Rutgers in the Title Game. Maybe if everyone else has 2 losses?
They are pretty much 2007 Kansas, even if they are undefeated they have zero chance of getting in over a 1 loss team from any other conference.

EDIT
I know Kansas didn't go undefeated that year, but even if they had it wouldn't have mattered and they were the closest team I could think of to this Rutgers team. Perhaps 2009 Cincy would be more apt.

Last edited by MassNole : 10-22-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Scotty or I are thinking we're getting into the NC game. Like Shane just said everyone would need 2 losses. I'm fine with that I just want to get to the BCS and show everyone on the national stage we are for real. Perception always kills even when it's not true.

Rutgers int any BCS game would travel well. In 2006 we sent 35,000 people to the Texas Bowl. If we go BCS I would see something similar but probably 40K.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Going into Arkansas and playing that team is still a good W. The Big East is better than the ACC and you don't hear the same knocks on them. It's funny how Forenci has to knock Rutgers at every turn now.
Not really. Arkansas is a horrible team.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Not really. Arkansas is a horrible team.
Not with Wilson. His injury skewed things a bit. We'll see how they finish the year out with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not with Wilson. His injury skewed things a bit. We'll see how they finish the year out with him.
Even with Wilson. Arkansas may have been great last year, but they are clearly only above the lowest tier in the SEC this year. That is not a resume boosting win in the least.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Going into Arkansas and playing that team is still a good W. The Big East is better than the ACC and you don't hear the same knocks on them. It's funny how Forenci has to knock Rutgers at every turn now.
ULM went into Arkansas and won as well, so basically you're saying Rutgers is on par with ULM. Arkansas was a preseason Top 10 team, but could possibly be the worst preseason Top 10 team of the past 30 years.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Because the Big East gets an automatic bid. Even if they didn't, Rutgers would get in if they go undefeated.
Well I know they get the automatic bid, which is silly considering how awful the Big East is. I was just speaking generally, though. West Virginia would steam roll them.

Quote:
Yeah Arkansas is pretty bad. I just knock it because most Rutgers fans annoy me. I did the same thing when everyone was freaking out when Schiano was bringing them to life. They had an awfully easy schedule then, just like they do now. I just am annoyed at how good people think Rutgers is when their schedule is a joke.

If Rutgers was in the ACC or didn't play an absurdly easy schedule they wouldn't be close to the discussion of being BCS worthy.

I mean, UConn shouldn't have been in a BCS bowl either. We weren't anywhere near that good. A product of a flawed system.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
ULM went into Arkansas and won as well, so basically you're saying Rutgers is on par with ULM. Arkansas was a preseason Top 10 team, but could possibly be the worst preseason Top 10 team of the past 30 years.
Yup that's what I'm saying. You sure got me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well I know they get the automatic bid, which is silly considering how awful the Big East is. I was just speaking generally, though. West Virginia would steam roll them.

Yeah Arkansas is pretty bad. I just knock it because most Rutgers fans annoy me. I did the same thing when everyone was freaking out when Schiano was bringing them to life. They had an awfully easy schedule then, just like they do now. I just am annoyed at how good people think Rutgers is when their schedule is a joke.

If Rutgers was in the ACC or didn't play an absurdly easy schedule they wouldn't be close to the discussion of being BCS worthy.

I mean, UConn shouldn't have been in a BCS bowl either. We weren't anywhere near that good. A product of a flawed system.
Our team this year and in 2006 was light years ahead of the team you sent to the BCS game 2 years ago. It's not even a comparison. The Big East had a winning record against the ACC this year, at worst the 2 conferences are equal. We schedule a top 10 SEC team on the road and it's our fault they're not living up to the hype? Fine we still went down there into a 70K stadium and won the game. The non bias computers have us higher than the voters. You're not watching the games so you have no idea what you're talking about. The Rutgers defense is for real and would keep in any game sans probably Oregon and a few others.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well, we'd beat nc St, so we're better than FSU at least.

And let's cool down the rutgers undefeated talk. Makes me uneasy.

We're not saying RU to the title game but the big east isn't as awful this year in comparison with the big 10 and acc struggling.

And that uconn team that went a few years ago was putrid. We beat them that year and we were awful that season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forenci, WVU would steam roll us? You do realize we were in the game with them the entire way last year, held Geno to his lowest throwing totals of the year and were starting a freshman QB, right? The hate blinders need to come off.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Our team this year and in 2006 was light years ahead of the team you sent to the BCS game 2 years ago. It's not even a comparison. The Big East had a winning record against the ACC this year, at worst the 2 conferences are equal. We schedule a top 10 SEC team on the road and it's our fault they're not living up to the hype? Fine we still went down there into a 70K stadium and won the game. The non bias computers have us higher than the voters. You're not watching the games so you have no idea what you're talking about. The Rutgers defense is for real and would keep in any game sans probably Oregon and a few others.
Haha, I mean, I've seen several games. I'm not sure why you assumed I was comparing you to the UConn team of two years ago. I didn't. Merely stated that they too were unworthy of a BCS game. Clearly this team is much better than the UConn squad, but UConn still had quite a bit of talent on defense. I mean, you yourself said that UConn this year was probably the toughest defense you'll face for the rest of season. How sad is that?

If you seriously think this defense could keep them in any game outside of Oregon your homer shades are worse than I thought. There are any number of teams that would wreck the Rutgers defense.

It's not your fault you schedule one good team and they sucked, but hey, they were overrated and ended up sucking. I can't give you credit for beating a crap team because they weren't supposed to be crap. Maybe try scheduling more than one "tough" OOC game?

And you can use any conference you want. I was just trying to be nice putting you in with the ACC. The SEC would wreck Rutgers. I just didn't want to use that comparison because I don't think it's fair.

Sorry, I just can't take a team seriously that schedules one quality opponent and dominates an sub par conference. I'm not saying they're a bad team by any means but they're certainly far from great.

Aren't guys like 60th in strength of schedule? And that's over teams in even worse conferences who play crappy conference opponents with consistency.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I said Oregon and a few other teams. I'm not going to list every offense in college that I think can put points up on us. We have multiple NFL players on the D and it's as good an indicator as any that the D is for real. I guess I did overrate the UConn D but whatever not much I can say there. I just want to win the Big East and show everyone on a national stage we're a good team. The SEC would wreck pretty much any team so that's not fair. I don't think we are a contender for the national championship so I don't even know why you think that's what we are saying.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, I think Florida would destroy Rutgers in that game, so I think there's a decent argument to be made for what he's saying. Rutgers is feasting on a really easy schedule (honestly, Arkansas on the road?)

But you could make the same case for Nebraska, Florida State, and Boise State too, so I'm not sure why you singled them out.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Clemson wins out (and FSU doesn't trip up vs. VT), the ACC could very easily have 2 BCS bids again. No way the Fiesta Bowl would choose Rutgers over Boise State either, looking at travel and attendance that would be as good of a decision as the ACC adding Pitt and Syracuse.
There's an obvious cache that comes with being undefeated, especially over an 11-1 Boise State team.

Not buying Clemson. At all. They'll lose again because they always do. Thus is the nature of the ACC.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

hey, it's not our fault Arkansas imploded. Having a home and home with a top 10 team from the SEC when scheduled is pretty good...or was on paper.
Quote:
Old 10-22-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hey, it's not our fault Arkansas imploded. Having a home and home with a top 10 team from the SEC when scheduled is pretty good...or was on paper.
No, it's not your fault, but it doesn't really say anything about Rutgers either.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
I said Oregon and a few other teams. I'm not going to list every offense in college that I think can put points up on us. We have multiple NFL players on the D and it's as good an indicator as any that the D is for real. I guess I did overrate the UConn D but whatever not much I can say there. I just want to win the Big East and show everyone on a national stage we're a good team. The SEC would wreck pretty much any team so that's not fair. I don't think we are a contender for the national championship so I don't even know why you think that's what we are saying.
Haha, that's fine. I think it's more than just a few, but I suppose it depends on what your definition of a few is. I just don't think you guys are that special/great. And that's why I didn't use the SEC as an example. I don't think you guys would do well in the Pac-12, either.

I was arguing against you being in a BCS bowl, not the national championship game. There are other teams (as BF mentioned) who probably shouldn't be in it either due to their competition being inferior.

Clearly the voters agree with you not being worthy or you'd be ranked much higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Like I said, its not, but that doesn't mean Rutgers should be given any more credit for playing a crap team.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So if we get to a BCS bowl and beat whoever we face then you can give us a little credit. Until that happens there isn't much else to be said. When a defense has about 5 or 6 NFL players on it then I think it's for real.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
So if we get to a BCS bowl and beat whoever we face then you can give us a little credit. Until that happens there isn't much else to be said. When a defense has about 5 or 6 NFL players on it then I think it's for real.
That's fine. And if you guys make it to a BCS game and lose you can eat crow.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I think Gators have a chance to beat bama now after showing how good our defense is and we might make it to the title game.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
So I think Gators have a chance to beat bama now after showing how good our defense is and we might make it to the title game.
Driskel will look like a pop warner QB against Bama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote