Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
And Revenge. Seriously, someone else besides vidae (who stopped watching it) watch it here.
I didn't.. "stop" watching Revenge, I've just been catching up on other stuff. I'll be fully caught up on Revenge in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You need to stop this. You know she is mine. Take Allison Brie and GET OUTTA MY HOUSE, SON.
It is common knowledge around these parts that Yvonne is mine. Just stop it Forenci. Just stop it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch Revenge too!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Homeland

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This season is just kicking all kinds of ass. That was four straight top notch episodes. I can't remember a show other than Breaking Bad that left me with this much anticipation and excitement for the following week's episode. Claire Danes is a bad *****.
It's really ruining everything else on tv. Dexter and Boardwalk are just boring time wasters compared to Homeland this year. I can't wait to go home and watch it again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Haha I laughed way too hard at that. Such an awesome episode. Any episode with Perd Hapley is an awesome episode. +rep sir.

edit: More like Turd Crapley!

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreat...oments/1400698

Old 10-22-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the final season of scrubs worth watching? I've been using it as my work out show but now done with the first 8 seasons.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Is the final season of scrubs worth watching? I've been using it as my work out show but now done with the first 8 seasons.
If you're just using it as a work out show (how does that work anyway? do you ride a bike or a treadmill or something while the TV is on?) then it can't hurt, but there are better shows available.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
If you're just using it as a work out show (how does that work anyway? do you ride a bike or a treadmill or something while the TV is on?) then it can't hurt, but there are better shows available.
And I have it on in the background when doing freeweights and my ab work out to.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is hilarious, top ten dumbest things on Tv this year.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-d...r-this-season/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am giving the show one last episode. As in tonight's and unless it really blows me away I wasted 6 hours of my life.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There is no episode tonight because of the debate. It's back next Monday.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Season finale of Alphas tonight. :(
Old 10-22-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no episode tonight because of the debate. It's back next Monday.
Well I guess that is an adequate substitute given the amount of terrible acting going on in both programs.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I like Revolution. It isn't awful and it isn't great, but I like it. I can turn it on, watch for an hour, and be entertained. Sometimes that is enough for me.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Bee tee dubs, in a movie that shocks no one, Homeland was picked up for a third season today.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like Revolution. It isn't awful and it isn't great, but I like it. I can turn it on, watch for an hour, and be entertained. Sometimes that is enough for me.
Right now for me it is barely more watchable than Terra Nova.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I didn't mind Terra Nova either. I prefer shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc over mindless fun TV shows, but I'm a fan of mindless TV as well.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I didn't mind Terra Nova either. I prefer shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc over mindless fun TV shows, but I'm a fan of mindless TV as well.
There is a difference between mindless and insulting.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There is nothing insulting about TV unless you go out of your way to take it that way. If you don't like the writing or the characters of a particular show, stop watching it. I just don't care that much. If Revolution stopped airing TOMORROW I wouldn't care because I don't take the show too seriously.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
This is hilarious, top ten dumbest things on Tv this year.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-d...r-this-season/

Ahhh yes. An humorous article with the sole purpose to point out small aspects of the show that are replicated in pretty much every show in the genre to explain why the show sucks. How original and witty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Ahhh yes. An humorous article with the sole purpose to point out small aspects of the show that are replicated in pretty much every show in the genre to explain why the show sucks. How original and witty!
Hey some people just do a better job of shutting of their brain when watching television shows they enjoy. I for whatever reason have a hard time doing so, hence things like this annoy me as well and I find it hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have some shows I just can't do that with.. like The Walking Dead or Dexter.. but then I have a lot of shows that make it easy to do that with.. like Revolution or Terra Nova, both mentioned previously.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that TWD and Dexter have been better in the past than they are now (or have been recently) so I hold them to a higher standard, quality wise. Revolution and Terra Nova were never more than just solid to start with, so it's hard for me to take either too seriously.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
There is nothing insulting about TV unless you go out of your way to take it that way. If you don't like the writing or the characters of a particular show, stop watching it. I just don't care that much. If Revolution stopped airing TOMORROW I wouldn't care because I don't take the show too seriously.
Yeah I know but you are a different breed. You watch more TV than maybe anyone I know besides my coworker. I guess I just feel that if I am going to devote 30-60 minutes of my time I want to actually enjoy the show.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy mindless shows that don't really deliver much past the surface such as Supernatural and Arrow but I just feel like Revolution is trying to be serious. Acting like it is the next big TV drama (Lost would be a more apt analogy but I didn't really like Lost).

I really wanted to like Revolution. I think the idea is a cool one and if done properly could be amazing. What one of us hasn't thought at some point "Wouldn't it be more bad ass if we went back to fighting with Swords". I love a few actors they have on the show... I mean they have Giancarlo Esposito for ***** sake. But every episode is tainted by poor acting, poor writing and Charlies whiny ass character.

The chick cries every episode... sometimes more than once. I mean sure people die okay you get a pass... but your uncle yells at you come on.

/rant
Old 10-22-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie seems to be turning the corner and should be considerably less whiny now if the end of last episode is a sign of things to come!

I'm with vidae too, I thoroughly enjoyed Terra Nova and am very much enjoying Revolution too :-)

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote