Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-21-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
You're not. Hard to get BYU football in Missouri without the BYU channel, so I was happy to watch the Notre Dame game. He's just an impressive football player for his level of experience. I think you could probably bulk him up to play 5 tech, but man you just hate to pigeonhole a guy with his talent without seeing exactly what he can and can't do.

The thing I like most about his game is how active he is with his hands, which is extremely impressive for such a young player. Yes, he needs to refine his technique in all levels, but the fact he has taken to it so well already bodes well for the future.
Thisthisthisthisthisthis. It's why playing as an interior lineman will end up being a good thing for his development long-term.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caught Ansah again this past weekend and was more impressed as there were a couple more edge rush opportunities. With that said, the BYU scheme just doesn't turn Ansah loose so it's a tough evaluation for that type of player. Once again though, the guy definitely looks the part!

Really looking forward to seeing Ansah at an all-star game in a more conventional defense.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I totally agree that playing him at DT is going to be huge for him in the long run, but against ND he had a tough time standing out and got handled pretty easily on run plays. Just not big enough yet.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would make a great giant if the team doesn't believe Ojomo or Tracy will be able to take the third DE role behind JPP and Kiwi.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

How high will this guy likely go? Is he a top-15 lock?
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
How high will this guy likely go? Is he a top-15 lock?
Not at all. JPP was considered raw, but Ziggy is way much more of a project than JPP. I think the second round is a fair bet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BlueFunk96
Rookie

BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlueFunk96 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't get to watch the game, but I hear Ziggy had a great showing against Georgia Tech. He's improving technically every week. I did see some highlights, including a sack by Ziggy on a bull rush, just abusing the RT.

Heard this weekend he's rumored to bench press in excess of 400.

So . . . 6'6", 270-280, 39" vertical, bench presses 400#, very bright (statistics major), I expect he'll run a 4.45-4.50 40. Multiple NFL GM's at BYU looking at him, I'm hearing he could be a surprise 1st round pick.
BlueFunk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFunk96 View Post
Didn't get to watch the game, but I hear Ziggy had a great showing against Georgia Tech. He's improving technically every week. I did see some highlights, including a sack by Ziggy on a bull rush, just abusing the RT.

Heard this weekend he's rumored to bench press in excess of 400.

So . . . 6'6", 270-280, 39" vertical, bench presses 400#, very bright (statistics major), I expect he'll run a 4.45-4.50 40. Multiple NFL GM's at BYU looking at him, I'm hearing he could be a surprise 1st round pick.
If he runs a 4.6 that would be very surprising. I doubt he gets higher than that. If so, he's an anomaly.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
If he runs a 4.6 that would be very surprising. I doubt he gets higher than that. If so, he's an anomaly.
He ran a sub 22 second time in the 200m in track, and he only added about 10-15 lbs to play football, dudes got FREAKISH speed.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

200m time doesn't really tell us how fast he'd run a 40 in. Proves that he is an athlete, but for all we know he might have a sluggish first 50-75 metres.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt put too much emphasis on his 40 time. I wanna see his field strength and vision improve

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i wouldnt put too much emphasis on his 40 time. I wanna see his field strength and vision improve
His field strength is awesome. The problem is that he's so tall that playing inside and trying to keep leverage is hard. If he's playing DE or even OLB like he should be (honestly i think 3-4 OLB might be his best position, he's that athletic), he'll have no problems.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
DraftSwag
Rookie

DraftSwag needs more cowbell.

Not only is Ansah 6'6 270, but he also is a high character kid. Actually was a 200m runner before playing football and is rumored to have been running in the 22/23's so apparently he could fly. Has JPP written all over him. Can't wait for the season to end and start seeing what guys get graded out as.
DraftSwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman57 View Post
His field strength is awesome. The problem is that he's so tall that playing inside and trying to keep leverage is hard. If he's playing DE or even OLB like he should be (honestly i think 3-4 OLB might be his best position, he's that athletic), he'll have no problems.
yeah maybe im basing too much off of his playing inside. he really got washed out in some plays vs Notre Dame

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:41 AM    (permalink
HellonEarth84
Rookie

HellonEarth84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like a DE who can move inside on 3rd downs.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellonEarth84 View Post
Looks like a DE who can move inside on 3rd downs.
I still think his best comp is Idonije.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing that worries me about Ansah is he rarely lines up outside the offensive tackle. If he is going to play a similar role in the NFL he will need to add some bulk. He does use his hands well in the run game though.

It's all going to be a pretty big projection with him. Do you bulk him up to play the 5 and focus on his hand usage at the point of contact, or do you put him outside and use his athleticism more? I really don't see him being an OLB in the NFL though.

Either way you can't be certain from what you're seeing during the games. I think he could be an impact player at either however not elite. I think he could end up being a Ray Edwards type player

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
The thing that worries me about Ansah is he rarely lines up outside the offensive tackle. If he is going to play a similar role in the NFL he will need to add some bulk. He does use his hands well in the run game though.

It's all going to be a pretty big projection with him. Do you bulk him up to play the 5 and focus on his hand usage at the point of contact, or do you put him outside and use his athleticism more? I really don't see him being an OLB in the NFL though.

Either way you can't be certain from what you're seeing during the games. I think he could be an impact player at either however not elite. I think he could end up being a Ray Edwards type player
If he plays a similar role in the NFL, it's going to still be in a 1-gap front as the Closed DE in an Under front. Can't see many teams projecting him as a two-gapping 5 tech.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
He's not going to play a similar role in the NFL, he's a 4-3 DE all the way IMO.
I definitely think that's his best role. Let him play left end. Hell, if you want to be creative have him move inside on some passing downs and it's not a stretch to say he couldn't play the 5 at his current weight if a team wants to incorporate some 34 into their scheme, however I agree above all else he should play in an even front for the majority of the time.

I actually think he would be a great fit for what the Pats are doing right now. Ninkovich has had a nice year with some big plays however it would be foolish to believe he is a long term answer at the spot and Cunningham is pretty much a situational guy right now. Ansah could play that spot quite easily. But the main reason I like him in New England is the fact that Belichick likes to employ both 34 and 43 principles up front at the same time. Quite often Chandler Jones will line up in a traditional down end stance outside the LT. Vince Wilfork will play the 3. However what differs the rest of the way is Kyle Love will line up directly on the nose and someone like Brandon Deaderick will play the 5. It's not a full time thing or even an every game thing but it is something that Belichick has done this year. The issue is Nink or Cunningham can't play 5 technique and Deaderick can't really play anything outside the 5. If it's one thing Belichick loves on defense is an ability to disguise and this guy would be great for that

Old 11-02-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

Ninja edited on ya, but I'm in total agreement.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think some teams that passed on Pierre Paul just might jump on this guy at the end of round 1. This is a tremendous draft class for DE's which might hinder his climb up draft boards. The comparisons to Pierre-Paul are close.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblevins13 View Post
Im new here and wanted to add my opinion. He could realistically add 20 pounds in 4-5 months with proper diet and work out regimen. I've seen him play 2 games now and watch highlights of the others. Ansah could very well play 5 tech by next NFL season if he wanted to. He could be one of the most versatile players any way it goes. Being a Packer fun and loving the 3-4 defense I would LOVE to see Ziggy add the weight through the season and into the off season to have the versatility to play DE/DT and maybe a standing elephant hybrid player all in defense. He is one of my favorite players in the draft. Just my thoughts on the situation. It all depends on what he wants to do and who wants him to do what
Add weight? Yes. Add 20 lbs of muscle? Only if BALCO is back and fully operational. Even WITH steroids you can't add 20 lbs of muscle in 6 months. It can't be done. Lean mass takes years to build and develop and to do it naturally, years and years. Even for a guy with EZ's frame, the most he could gain naturally in 12 months would probably be about 12 lbs.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:33 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
200m time doesn't really tell us how fast he'd run a 40 in. Proves that he is an athlete, but for all we know he might have a sluggish first 50-75 metres.
JPPs 40 time wasn't earth shattering... his 40 yard backflip time, however, is legendary.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I think Ansah is plenty fast and plays like it on the field. Here is some images of the Utah St where he made a heads up play to diagnose a screen, done a full turn, chase down the RB and made the tackle

Here he beats his block but notices the linemen go upfield. He notices the RB go across him and turns

Notice how he sees the RB go into the flat behind him and does a full turn on himself

This to me is the best part of this individual play. Despite being a step behind the RB, he is able to take a good enough angle to stop the RB getting upfield, but also preventing the back cutting it back and making him missing

Finally he makes the tackle.

What this play says to me is, first and foremost, the guy is a hell of an athlete. He chased the back down from behind all while initially rushing upfield and then doing a turn on himself. Heady plays like this are a great thing to see from such a "raw" prospect. Definitely a first rounder in my eyes

Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

He's not raw, he just hasn't played football for very long. Big difference IMO.