Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-23-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah we're home but they still have our number a bit. I still feel like we can get the W though.
Agreed. 6-0 vs. 2-4, I'd rather play in the Georgia Dome than the Super Dome.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't want to jinx it, but this schedule doesn't seem as hard anymore as it did when it originally came out. The Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Saints to me just don't feel as tough of a game as they originally did. They obviously aren't a walk in the park, but this schedule seemed brutal when it came out. I just don't fear it as much anymore.
Come to think of it, Dallas might be the toughest Defense left on your schedule. There are better offenses by far, but yeah, I think so.

I know your guys confidence is flying high right now, and you'll probably luck out and not have to face DeMarco Murray. I wish you guys had Romo and we had Eli. hahahaha
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Come to think of it, Dallas might be the toughest Defense left on your schedule. There are better offenses by far, but yeah, I think so.

I know your guys confidence is flying high right now, and you'll probably luck out and not have to face DeMarco Murray. I wish you guys had Romo and we had Eli. hahahaha
Well the main reason the schedule looks easier is because the AFC is so mediocre/bad this year. Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers were all playoff teams last year, but I don't think any of them are as good as they were last season.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

October typically treats us well, we usually go 3-1 in October. But November is the exact opposite. Contrarily, Dallas typically kills November.

So we won't know how this division will shape up until the end of November at earliest, bc I expect us to take our typical November dive, and Dallas to make their typical November run.

And then there is Philly, who always finishes strong in December regardless of how much the sky is falling. So this will be interesting until the end.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing for us we only have 3 games in November this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that definitely helps. I like late bye weeks too, we need to recharge for the finish line in december.

I hate early bye weeks. Players are a lot more banged up in November than October.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Anyone else pleasantly surprised with Stevie Brown? I know the INT numbers aren't reflective of his play overall, but he's still exceeding my expectations.

Makes me wonder if Sash needs to stay on the roster.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sash will probably get the axe when Hill gets back unless someone gets hurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He is a great special teamer though, so if anything saves him his roster spot, it will be that.

I'm curious to see if we keep Beckum on the roster when he comes back. At this point, I rather have Beckum on the roster than someone on the backend of our WR core. Because at least Beckum will see the field.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I really miss reading Garafolo's post game articles. He did such a great job of breaking down the games.

Vachianno doesn't even come close. And Vrentas doesn't really know the Xs and Os of the game, or at least she doesn't express it like Garafolo did.

I miss that. Don't know if there are any alternatives to Garafolo right now.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really miss reading Garafolo's post game articles. He did such a great job of breaking down the games.

Vachianno doesn't even come close. And Vrentas doesn't really know the Xs and Os of the game, or at least she doesn't express it like Garafolo did.

I miss that. Don't know if there are any alternatives to Garafolo right now.
Nothing comes close. I don't even read any Giants beat guys now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He is a great special teamer though, so if anything saves him his roster spot, it will be that.

I'm curious to see if we keep Beckum on the roster when he comes back. At this point, I rather have Beckum on the roster than someone on the backend of our WR core. Because at least Beckum will see the field.
Yeah that is correct about Sash. It's another 2 weeks before we have to make a decision when Hill gets back.

I think Beckum goes to IR. Let him the ACL properly. After they was saw what happened to Thomas they might not want to risk it. If not I'd just cut him. Pascoe is fine. We don't need Beckum. WR depth is more important on this team so I'd rather keep all them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Nothing comes close. I don't even read any Giants beat guys now.
Me neither. It's just not the same. The rest of them are just reporters that summarize the game. Big deal. I saw the game, I don't need a summary.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Me neither. It's just not the same. The rest of them are just reporters that summarize the game. Big deal. I saw the game, I don't need a summary.
Exactly plus everyone here is going to catch stuff more than them.

Speaking of which that Griffin INT was because of Linval. Watch him blow the pocket up forcing Griffin to make a quick decision.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Exactly plus everyone here is going to catch stuff more than them.

Speaking of which that Griffin INT was because of Linval. Watch him blow the pocket up forcing Griffin to make a quick decision.
Joseph is having a good year. He has a great bullrush. You'd like to see more pass rush out of him overall bc he's so huge and everyone else draws so much attention, but he's still developed into a very good player.

The only thing is, with so many contracts coming up, we gotta cut salary somewhere. And Joseph should be an odd man out. NTs are easier to find. Especially on our DL. They don't rush the passer, they get subbed out on 3rd down, their value does not warrant contract extensions in most cases.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Joseph is having a good year. He has a great bullrush. You'd like to see more pass rush out of him overall bc he's so huge and everyone else draws so much attention, but he's still developed into a very good player.

The only thing is, with so many contracts coming up, we gotta cut salary somewhere. And Joseph should be an odd man out. NTs are easier to find. Especially on our DL. They don't rush the passer, they get subbed out on 3rd down, their value does not warrant contract extensions in most cases.

Joseph plays more of the anchor on the line but even with that he still has 2 sacks on the year. He gets his. Also, I don't think many teams run up the middle on us. I don't know if you could find this anywhere but it seems that most of the rushing yards allowed on us are to the edges. Joseph plays an important role in that.

We're not going to have any DT's if we don't sign Joseph. Canty will be a cap casualty soon and Austin sucks. Bernard is too old. He's the only guy we have plus he's easily the most talented DT we've had were since Hamilton I think. I like him better than Griffin, Robbins, Alford, Hand, Cofield and the rest.

I think Phillips is the odd man out right now.

Beckum is practicing today so we'll have some interesting decisions coming up the next 2 weeks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Joseph plays more of the anchor on the line but even with that he still has 2 sacks on the year. He gets his. Also, I don't think many teams run up the middle on us. I don't know if you could find this anywhere but it seems that most of the rushing yards allowed on us are to the edges. Joseph plays an important role in that.

We're not going to have any DT's if we don't sign Joseph. Canty will be a cap casualty soon and Austin sucks. Bernard is too old. He's the only guy we have plus he's easily the most talented DT we've had were since Hamilton I think. I like him better than Griffin, Robbins, Alford, Hand, Cofield and the rest.

I think Phillips is the odd man out right now.

Beckum is practicing today so we'll have some interesting decisions coming up the next 2 weeks.
I hope we don't lose Kenny. I rather keep him than Rolle to be honest. Rolle is out of position a lot. He's great in the box, and when he blitzes and plays nickel CB, but at safety he does mess his assignment up every now and then.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should try and keep Joseph, he is young and has plenty of upside. He is the key building block we should build our interior defensive line around. Lets face it, Bernard, Rogers and Canty are all up there age wise and Kuhn and Austin are very raw.

Continuity at positions really help.
We know the Salary cap is likely to go up in future years. We have the money currently invested in Osi we can use if need be for starters.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, didn't know where to post this question, so this seems like a very active thread.

As a Bucs fan, we've been having to deal with a former Coordinator in yours Bill Sheridan as our defensive playcaller. Question is: Did he do a lot of 3 man rushes when he was Def. Coordinator with the Giants? He's been consistnatly rushing 3 and using tons of twists and stunts, blitzes at the wrong time, and playing man to man coverage in every situation, (as you saw with a big lead against the Giants, he refused to play zone to take away the big play).

Was this how it was when he was in NYG as the defensive coordinator?

Sincerely,

A very frustrated Buc fan.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought he played very simplistic coverages with predominantly cover 2 shells? The three man rushes weren't very often if ever, that started with Fewell really. He just didn't optimize what we had.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Hey guys, didn't know where to post this question, so this seems like a very active thread.

As a Bucs fan, we've been having to deal with a former Coordinator in yours Bill Sheridan as our defensive playcaller. Question is: Did he do a lot of 3 man rushes when he was Def. Coordinator with the Giants? He's been consistnatly rushing 3 and using tons of twists and stunts, blitzes at the wrong time, and playing man to man coverage in every situation, (as you saw with a big lead against the Giants, he refused to play zone to take away the big play).

Sincerely,

Not exactly. But we can attest to the fact that he was/is not a good defensive coordinator. I think bigbluedefense, our resident defensive mastermind said his schemes were really not that bad. But the main problem was that he didn't optimize the players and adjust to their biggest strengths. And he also seemed like a bad coach socially, and it felt like he lost the locker room halfway through the season.

I feel sorry for you guys having him as your DC. In my opinion he is not cut out for such a big role in coaching. He is more of a positions coach.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet Schiano has his hands in the defense. BS never blitzed for us from what I remember. I always said he was allergic to blitzing. I remember the Ameoba defense we ran. Haha that sucked! But I think Schiano has his hands on the defense. I would be surprised if he didn't.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

Sincerely,

From an X and O perspective, Sheridan wasn't all that bad. He did adjust during games. I liked the coverage shells he used on defense. I prefer lots of man coverage so I wouldn't mind that from my perspective. I wasn't a huge fan of his blitz packages, he had wide and long developing blitzes that didn't get home bc of the angles and distance of the blitz, but he did blitz for us.

He used more streamline fronts as well.

His problem as a DC was his bland personality and lack of leadership. The defense never emotionally bought in to him and his style, especially after having Spagnuolo for 2 years, so he lost the defense. They basically quit on him. His practices and practice habits weren't great either.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bernard/Phillips Doubtful; Bradshaw questionable

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

LOL. Noooo! I would hate to see Romo in this system. That would be brutal to watch. On the other hand, I would love to see Eli in a different offense. I hope before his career is done I get to see it.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote