Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-23-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good seires Giants. Yes, I am okay everyone. There were some crazy Cardinals fans tweeting and stuff last night. If I was in front of my computer, I may have been one of them. We lost the series when we got shutout by Barry Zito. But you gotta put things in prespective, last year was amazing, and I know this year's Cardinals exceeded expectations after we lost LaRussa and that first basemen dude who remians nameless. Best of luck Giants and Tigers. I can't really say anything bad about the two teams and would not mind seeing either win, I'd prolly prefer the Tigers cuz Leyland seems like an awesome dude, and even tho he has won it in the past, I wanna see him win it. Plus, the Tigers have the best hitter in baseball and best pitcher in baseball, and neither have won it all in Detroit. Plus, I wanna see Prince win one. But yeah, I guess, I want the Tigers. But would not hate seeing the Giants winning it either. As long as its not the Brewers or Reds. I hate them.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Good seires Giants. Yes, I am okay everyone. There were some crazy Cardinals fans tweeting and stuff last night. If I was in front of my computer, I may have been one of them. We lost the series when we got shutout by Barry Zito. But you gotta put things in prespective, last year was amazing, and I know this year's Cardinals exceeded expectations after we lost LaRussa and that first basemen dude who remians nameless. Best of luck Giants and Tigers. I can't really say anything bad about the two teams and would not mind seeing either win, I'd prolly prefer the Tigers cuz Leyland seems like an awesome dude, and even tho he has won it in the past, I wanna see him win it. Plus, the Tigers have the best hitter in baseball and best pitcher in baseball, and neither have won it all in Detroit. Plus, I wanna see Prince win one. But yeah, I guess, I want the Tigers. But would not hate seeing the Giants winning it either. As long as its not the Brewers or Reds. I hate them.
What? You don't want to see Gregor Blanco win a World Series?

Breaking News: Mitch Williams is a ******* moron. He says Sergio Romo is the most important player in this series. Wow. Just. Wow.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scutaro vs Peralta: battle of the guy who won the NLCS MVP and who should have been the ALCS MVP.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
There were some crazy Cardinals fans tweeting and stuff last night.
https://twitter.com/BestFansStLouis

Stay classy, St Louis!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yeah, thats awful. I saw that stuff on deadspin, kinda makes me embarrassed to be a Cardinal fan. Stooped down to bad fans level. Should not be hating on the Giants or San Francisco as a city. It looks like an awesome stadium and city to visit. My bucket list is to make it to a game in every MLB city/stadium, and San Francisco would be prolly in the top 5 to see. The Cardinals and their fans have no one to blame other than their ****** defense. Yeah, the hitting went to Hell too, but you can't giving a great, champion team like the Giants 4 outs in an inning. And we got shutout by Barry ******* Zito. And give all the credit to the Giants. But yeah, those tweets are awful, but you can prolly find that from any team being disappointed like the Cardinals were, but it was awful.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

And the one I am shaking my heads at the most is Cardinals fans hating on the Cardinals themselves.

I mean...Chris Carpenter is ******* trash, David Freese is the worst excuse of a third basemen, Pete Kozma is a ******* ******. There are more, but that is awful...Were u saying those same things last season about Carp and Freese???? I hope not...
Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are plenty of bullpen guys who you could make a case for being the most important player in this series. Jeremy Affeldt will have to take on Prince Fielder several times. Octavio Dotel and Phil Coke will need to hold the Tigers bullpen together.
I am going to go off the radar and go with Madison Bumgarner. The Giants rotation is already beat up and if they get down 1-0 with Verlander starting Game 1, Bumgarner will have to keep the Giants in the game and give them a chance to win it. He has not been good in the postseason and will have to have a great Game 2 if the Giants are going to take this one.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
There are plenty of bullpen guys who you could make a case for being the most important player in this series. Jeremy Affeldt will have to take on Prince Fielder several times. Octavio Dotel and Phil Coke will need to hold the Tigers bullpen together.
I am going to go off the radar and go with Madison Bumgarner. The Giants rotation is already beat up and if they get down 1-0 with Verlander starting Game 1, Bumgarner will have to keep the Giants in the game and give them a chance to win it. He has not been good in the postseason and will have to have a great Game 2 if the Giants are going to take this one.
Yeah, I think Bumgarner has a dead arm. He looked so tired by the end of the year. He's thrown over 200 innings the past 2 years and he's only 23. I think it's a mistake to bring him into this series. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Giants fans sorry for the late Congrats. Heck of a series and heck of a come back by you guys. I don't hate the Giants like I do the Brewers and the Reds so It doesn't hurt as bad.

After the 4th inning I just started drinking to forget about it, ha!
Old 10-24-2012, 05:31 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

god damnit, i can't rep you yet.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sabean has produced a 2nd WS team. Can't comprehend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit in 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellow Tigers fans (or others), if its a one run game in the ninth, who closes? Valverde or Coke?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sabean has produced a 2nd WS team. Can't comprehend.
It is pretty stunning, especially when looking at their roster. Not a bad team, but really, who is their 2nd best offensive player? Angel Pagan? Marco Scutaro? WTF?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coke. If they had any trust in Valverde then the time to use him would have been the last game when we had like a 7 run lead to help him gain his confidence. He can get some garbage time this series, but he needs to earn his spot back.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It is pretty stunning, especially when looking at their roster. Not a bad team, but really, who is their 2nd best offensive player? Angel Pagan? Marco Scutaro? WTF?
Right now Scut, but during the season it was Pablo
Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Melky Cabrera.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Everyone forgets about Panda.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Melky Cabrera.
It helps to exist.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
.789 OPS and no speed from the 3B spot? I guess...

Old 10-24-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Melky eligible to return now? I know they said they won't bring him back but imagine if Pence goes down with an injury in game one...he'd be an awfully tempting injury replacement...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm rooting for Pence? But who am I kidding, I dont care.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's see predictions:

Tigers in six. Austin Jackson wins MVP.