Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

View Poll Results: Who do you want or see coaching for the Browns next season?
Pat Shurmur 1 8.33%
Jay Gruden 0 0%
Mike McCoy 1 8.33%
Ray Horton 2 16.67%
Bill Cowher 1 8.33%
Ryan Dennison 0 0%
Dave Toub 0 0%
Perry Fewell 3 25.00%
Chip Kelly 0 0%
Other 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Browns Coaching Candidates

Who do you want or see coaching for the Browns next season?

The number one thing for me is I'd like to see this offense stay in place. Surest route to ruining a new QB is throwing different systems at them every other year-and Weeden doesn't have as long as an ordinary new QB. That means retaining Childress as OC and ruling out an offensive minded HC. At this point in his career I think Chilly will be fine being an OC for the foreseeable future. For a defensive-minded coach this ought to be a pretty attractive position in that the key parts on offense are already in place. Of the defensive oriented coaches that should get a shot at a HC after the season, #1 on my list right now is Ray Horton.

It's interesting to debate whether Banner/Haslem will look for a proven guy or a first time HC. Cowher is only 3 yrs older then Horton, unbelievably, and if he's finally serious about getting back in, I think this is a good situation for him. He's made some public comments on Fox this season praising the Browns and Weeden.

Defensively, Horton or Cowher mean going back to a 34 but we've definitely got the interior line depth for it and many of our key guys are familiar with the scheme. Switching back, our front 7 depth chart would look something like:

DE Athyba Rubin - Frostee Rucker
NT John Hughes - Ishmaa'ily Kitchen
DE Phil Taylor - Billy Winn
ROLB
RILB Gocong - Michael -Johnson
LILB Jackson
LOLB Sheard - Stephens

That's a lot to work with upfront and the upcoming draft has a bunch of highly rated DE/OLB to choose from.[Jarvis Jones - Dion Jordan - Damontre Moore - Bark Mingo - Corey Lemonier] My preference though, if it was a defensive coach, would be to finish out the offense by taking the beast that is Keenan Allen and not have to worry about that side of the ball for the next five years. Right now, the only vet FA WR I'd take over Allen would be Bowe.

The DC is almost as important. First choice would be San Fran DL coach Jim Tomsula.

Share your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*

Last edited by Brown Leader : 10-24-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote