Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best episode of the three that have aired thus far. There really was a lot of turmoil that season. It would have been interesting to see what that staff would have done with the Browns had Art Modell not moved the team.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the aired episodes the same thing as the multiple clips that are posted on NFL.com? I just watched Cleveland 95 clips online and they were tremendous.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Are the aired episodes the same thing as the multiple clips that are posted on NFL.com? I just watched Cleveland 95 clips online and they were tremendous.
Maybe. How many clips are there? I doubt the entire 45 minute episode is all posted in clips on NFL.com.

Quote:
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the Cleveland 95 episode thanks to YouTube. It did nothing but reaffirm my opinions on Art Modell. Just a complete piece of trash with no integrity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I just watched the Cleveland 95 episode thanks to YouTube. It did nothing but reaffirm my opinions on Art Modell. Just a complete piece of trash with no integrity.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Yeah, he only lost $21M of his own money in his last two seasons in Cleveland. He knew he couldn't win a Super Bowl in Cleveland and said he could do it in Baltimore, then went ahead and did just that. He made a lot if decisions most people didn't like, but moving the team to Baltimore... Not one of them. That is a great franchise and one of the best run originations in all of Football. The NFL is better off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Yeah, he only lost $21M of his own money in his last two seasons in Cleveland. He knew he couldn't win a Super Bowl in Cleveland and said he could do it in Baltimore, then went ahead and did just that. He made a lot if decisions most people didn't like, but moving the team to Baltimore... Not one of them. That is a great franchise and one of the best run originations in all of Football. The NFL is better off.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone catch The Fearsome Foursome? I thought it was great. And next week is Steve McNair. Can't wait for that one.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland 95 was great. Watching the Ravens draft Ogden and Lewis in the same draft is just incredible... Ozzie just following his board, love it.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely love this series. That Browns staff was ridiculous from top to bottom. I can't wait for the McNair episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Don't forget to watch the McNair episode. I saw some of the clips on NFL.com already. Looks like they put almost the entire episode on in clips. In any case, from what I've seen it was really good. And it was nice to see some footage from circa 1995 when he was drafted. I think unless you're a Titans fan, most people forget the circumstances with how Tennessee/Houston dealt with McNair early in his career...having to share time with Chris Chandler (whom I heard didn't like McNair for some reason).

McNair didn't start evolving as a passer until the 2001 season. Eddie George verifies this in the episode. Their offense began to open up and such. A couple of months ago I was watching the 1999 AFC Championship game and it was evident that McNair was really streaky as a passer. At least in that game. Around 2002-2003 he definitely was more of a passing threat.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The McNair episode was really well done too. And my mom and uncle are very excited for the Eddie DeBartolo, Jr. episode next week seeing as how they grew up as rabid 49er fans.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Only owner with 5 Super Bowl trophies. Quite an accomplishment.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There needs to be an Antonio Cromartie one that features all the women he had kids with. LOL
There would have to be a pt. 2 to that episode.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw the Steve McNair one. The end when they show his mom watching the fireworks with tears in her eyes was a sad moment to see. Well done documentary.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Eddie DeBartolo was nice. That was a hell of an owner. I'm glad his nephew finally took control of things from his parents John and Denise York.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie DeBartolo and Steve McNair were the best. DeBartolo by far though. They could have had another two hours on it and it would have been just as entertaining. So much happened during his stay in San Francisco with such big named players / coaches. He should be in the Hall of Fame yesterday. That guy was unbelievable.

And who has a dad that invented the shopping mall? WTF. What's your dad do? He invented the shopping mall. Reminded me of Mean Girls where the one girl was the daughter of the guy who invented toaster strudel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-26-2012 at 11:15 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Spielman is next week.

Barry Sanders has also confirmed on his Twitter account they are doing an episode for the series.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eddie DeBartolo episode was amazing. Seemed like such a great owner. I didn't grow up with football here in Europe, so it's awesome to watch great documentaries from the earlier years to get to know the history of the NFL as well as being a fan of the modern day game. The "A Football Life" creators should win every sportsdocumentary award there is on earth. Seriously.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I heard something interesting on our local radio to today. Dwight Clark, longtime 49ers receiver, was asking Ray Ratto (a local sports beat writer) why Eddie hasn't gotten in the Hall of Fame yet. And it was interesting what he had to say in his own opinion, which was even though Eddie has five Super Bowls, he wasn't an active and innovative owner which is usually how owners get into the Hall of Fame. And this is true. Eddie was a winner with his organization, and has the most Super Bowls for a owner ever, but he wasn't a transcendent figure among owners. He made it to the finals last year with the Hall of Fame voters though. Seems like he totally isn't being forgotten. The Louisiana scandal he was involved in doesn't help matters either. I still think he should be in though sooner rather than later. No owner has experienced the success he has in the Super Bowl era.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I heard something interesting on our local radio to today. Dwight Clark, longtime 49ers receiver, was asking Ray Ratto (a local sports beat writer) why Eddie hasn't gotten in the Hall of Fame yet. And it was interesting what he had to say in his own opinion, which was even though Eddie has five Super Bowls, he wasn't an active and innovative owner which is usually how owners get into the Hall of Fame. And this is true. Eddie was a winner with his organization, and has the most Super Bowls for a owner ever, but he wasn't a transcendent figure among owners. He made it to the finals last year with the Hall of Fame voters though. Seems like he totally isn't being forgotten. The Louisiana scandal he was involved in doesn't help matters either. I still think he should be in though sooner rather than later. No owner has experienced the success he has in the Super Bowl era.
Well, to me he looked like a very involved owner. He may not have been involved in the drafting and everyday football decisions like other owners, but it sure looked like he deserved a lot of the credit for those teams winning Super Bowls. I mean, the players they interviewed couldn't stop gushing about him, and giving him tons of credit for them winning all those Super Bowls. It looked to me like he definetly deserves a place in the Hall of Fame.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I would think that simply winning that much would get you in. I won't say that Eddie hasn't been totally jobbed, because he has at least been a finalist, which means it has been on people's minds. A lot of credit for the 49ers dynasty goes to Bill Walsh though, which of course is deserved, but in a way hurts Eddie's chances unfortunately. Weird because Eddie was the one that hired him. Whatever. Hopefully he, and Charles Haley (still can't believe he isn't in either) find a place in the Hall of Fame sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kind of pumped about the Ray Lewis one.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
kind of pumped about the Ray Lewis one.
That was months ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barry Sanders tonight

http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-li...ended-preview?

Editor’s Note: NFL Films’ Paul Monusky and Nick Mascolo are the producers for this week’s episode of “A Football Life”, featuring Hall of Fame running back Barry Sanders. Here’s Monusky’s thoughts on what he learned about Sanders and his effect on others. Be sure to tune in to “Barry Sanders: A Football Life”, this Wednesday at 8 PM / ET only on NFL Network.

In the summer of 1999, arguably the greatest running back in NFL history walked away from the game at the age of 31. Without a press conference, or a lavish farewell tour, Barry Sanders faxed in his retirement to a childhood friend who worked at their hometown paper and then took off to England to walk around the streets of London for two weeks. Football fans around the world, and especially in Detroit, were left with many unanswered questions.

When I was told I would produce “Barry Sanders – A Football Life”, along with Nick Mascolo, our first plan was to deconstruct Barry’s retirement and investigate exactly what happened on that July day. As we dove further into this story, it was apparent that many events in the life of Barry Sanders led up to his exit from the NFL. There is definitely a reason why Barry Sanders left, and we feel that we have presented that.

Over 25 people were interviewed for our film, including four Hall of Fame running backs (Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Thurman Thomas and Curtis Martin) and a Hall of Fame Shooting Guard (Joe Dumars), and many of them described Barry the best way they could. One theme continued through the interviews – Barry Sanders is different from most athletes.

There are a lot of people in the media or as fans that think “different” is a negative term. After spending five months travelling the country and interviewing people close to Barry Sanders and sitting down with Barry himself, I can honestly say that the world would be a better place if more people were as different as Barry Sanders.

Far too frequently, athletes and entertainers make an imprint on our society, not because they are talented, but because they are memorable. At some point in this country, the talentless became instantly celebrated, and if the talented ones didn't boast of their accomplishments, they were swept away or forgotten.

If you think that a “me-first” attitude is required to be a successful athlete, then you don’t know Barry Sanders. This is a film that you should show your children, and I cannot wait for my two girls to be old enough to watch it, so that they can appreciate who Barry is, and the selfless attitude that he still has to this day.

On one of my trips to Detroit this summer, I went to a Detroit Tiger baseball game and sat next to a Tigers fan who told me that after the last Lions game of the year he runs downstairs and pops in a VHS highlight tape of Barry Sanders. When I asked him why, he told me that “Nothing makes me happier than watching Barry run, and I never want to forget that.”

I never want to forget how grounded Barry Sanders is about his celebrity, and I hope that this film helps other people figure out why Barry Sanders retired, and more importantly, why he is and will always be a fantastic role model.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote