Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-23-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Does it make me a freak that when she was covered in blood and what not I still wanted to bang?
You'd be a freak if you DIDN'T want to bang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now, the show is a lot better than it was in season 1 post pilot (I'm not sure why vidae thinks it was great in season 1 after then, it wasn't).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
How the hell is Glenn a *****? He does all the jobs that no one else has the balls to do. I didn't see anyone else volunteering to get dropped down in a well with a Walker in it.
Meh, your kinda right. But hes was just walker bait. Although he is slowly getting tougher, He'll never be Rick Darryl or even T-Dogg. S***, I think Carl is more gangsta. And btw, only in a zombie apocalypse could he bang a chick like Maggie.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Does it make me a freak that when she was covered in blood and what not I still wanted to bang?
She was hotter to me covered in blood. Wait, wut?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Right now, the show is a lot better than it was in season 1 post pilot (I'm not sure why vidae thinks it was great in season 1 after then, it wasn't).
Season 1 was better than season 2. The rest of season 1 was solid to good. Season 2 was awful. That's what I was saying.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Season 1 was better than season 2. The rest of season 1 was solid to good. Season 2 was awful. That's what I was saying.
Season 2 was awful? Troll much?

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are you the way that you are?
Old 10-23-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need more one liners from T-Dawg probably the most enjoyable thing from season 2 for me.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
Seriously, season 2 was the best, it showed what a gangsta Carl was disobeying his parents and **** pokin walkers with sticks and not goin in the house n ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
We need more one liners from T-Dawg probably the most enjoyable thing from season 2 for me.
This too solidified season 2 as the greatest thing to ever be on tv

I got you Polamalu_is_God

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See thats actually something I can overlook haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lauren Cohen in Supernatural>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lauren Cohen in TWD.

And I assume being eaten by hellhounds is a push compared to being eaten by zombies.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

And I assume being eaten by hellhounds is a push compared to being eaten by zombies.
Hellhounds are much more dangerous, because you can actually see zombies and they aren't direct associates of Lilith. Do agree though, she was waaaaay more attractive in Supernatural.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-24-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

lauren cohen in national lampoon's van wilder: the rise of taj >>>>>
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
lauren cohen in national lampoon's van wilder: the rise of taj >>>>>
Is there a clip out there so I don't have to ever actually watch this?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-24-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Is there a clip out there so I don't have to ever actually watch this?
the entirety of the movie is on youtube in parts. i'm sure there's clips too. i'm at work right now so i can't investigate too much. but lauren in her natural skin as a brit is so much sexier than her as a southern georgia peach.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cohan in Chuck was pretty awesome

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Cohan in Chuck was pretty awesome
That she was, but Brody wouldn't know anything about that because he quit watching it like a jerk.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:39 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
Everything since the pilot has been very degrees of awful and mediocre. Here are some lowlights that stick out to me:

The Sophia Debacle
The group shows up at a farm where they take refuge from the apocalypse and begin searching for Sophia, a missing girl. Herschel, unbeknownst to the group, routinely rounds up wandering zombies and puts them in a barn. At no point does this guy consider the possibility that the little girl he just found and placed in the barn was the girl the group was looking for the entire time. There are maybe 500 people left in all of Georgia and this guy goes on about his day without even giving it a second thought.

Dale's Death & Poor Character Development
It would have been a nice moment if they had given me any reason to care about Dale. One dimensional undeveloped characters plague this show worse than the zombies. Nobody passes the Plinkett Test. T-Dawg is the highest paid extra on all of television, he does and says absolutely nothing episode after episode. Think about all the people that were introduced on the farm. Do you know anything about any of them besides Maggie and Herschel? They don't have personalities, I think one of them is named Jimmy, one tried to kill herself and the other was married to Otis. What is the point of introducing a new set of characters if you're going to completely ignore them? With Herschel and Maggie, can you tell me anything about either person besides what they look like and their one dimensional role in the group?

Oh and back to Dale. His death makes absolutely no sense. A zombie takes down a cow, has a few nibbles and then just decides to hide instead of devouring it. Really? Furthermore, Dale saw the cow from like 20 meters away and the coast was clear. Then he comes up to it, and suddenly there's a zombie out of nowhere. From where Dale was standing he had a clear view of everything in the pasture. How the hell did he not notice a zombie when he approached the cow? Oh that's right, they had to think of the quickest way to kill him off because the actor had integrity and wanted off the show because of how AMC handled the Darabont situation.

Carl: The Greatest Ninja Of All-Time
Shane creates a diversion in order to lure Rick out into the forest and kill him to take back leadership of the group. To do this, he releases a captive that the group fears will come back with his friends and slaughter everyone. Rick, Shane, Glenn and Daryl go out into the woods looking for the captive while everyone else stays in the house. The group is on high alert, with everyone prepared for the worst case scenario if the captive returns. Carl manages to sneak past all of these attentive people in the house, track his dad through miles of forest, and shoot Shane right in the head with zero visibility in the middle of the night. Daryl had a hard time finding and following a trail in the dark and he's a trained hunter, Carl has no such experience. Likewise, Carl had never shot at anything besides cans and bottles before killing Shane. Despite this and the fact it was dark as all hell, he some how manages to aim over his Dad's shoulder and nail Shane right between the eyes. This kid is either a ninja or the writing sucks. I'm going with the later.

The Magical Disappearing Zombies
As the gang begins to search the prison for supplies, they enter a series of dark and confusing corridors. Shortly thereafter, they're surrounded by a vicious horde of relentless zombies. Herschel gets bit and they retreat to a room where they bar the door to stop the zombies from getting in. Rick amputates Herschel's leg and the group decides to head back to the main cell block to perform further treatment. T-Dawg opens the barred doors and kills one zombie. The other 50+ zombies that were swarming the corridors and double door mere minutes before? They've magically teleported to another location because the writers are so bad they can't even follow the very rules and scenario they just set up in the previous episode.

Infirmary?
As the group tends to Herschel, Rick negotiates with the prisoners about the living situation. At no point in Rick's conversations with the prisoners does he even utter the word "infirmary", let alone ask about it. Rick brought up the idea of the infirmary in the previous episode, it's clearly something he thought about it before. Yet, as his friend is bleeding to death, he doesn't even ask the inhabitants of the prison about it's location, nor does he ask if they have any medical supplies themselves. Why? Because the writers are so fixated on Carl finding the infirmary for himself that they ignore basic logic of other characters.

Artistic Integrity
As stated before, the pilot has been the only remarkable episode of this series. This was largely due to the direction of Frank Darabont, who also oversaw the production of the rest of the first season. While it was largely mediocre, it showed signs of enormous potential if given a full season and a larger budget. Both of which were promised for season two. Just as they begin filming the second season, Darabont gets in an argument with AMC about the quality of footage for the second episode and how he needs more time/money to complete the episode. Darabont wants to make sure the episode doesn't look subpar and also establish a level of quality he can continue for the rest of the season.What does AMC do? They decide they would rather save a few pennies than listen to the guy who came to them with the show in the first place. Personally, I would have listened to a multiple time Oscar nominee for screenwriting and direction, but I guess studio executives who have never shot a single frame of anything know better than any of us.

It's clear to me that letting Frank Darabont go was a tremendous blow to the show and AMC really only cares about saving as much money possible. They kept cost downs as much as they could over the course of the second season by spending enormous amounts of time in one location with a dragging storyline that featured scarce action and development. They spent the money they had saved over the course of the season on the finale and while it was an action romp, it was also horrendous constructed. Take a look at this one clip:

Any competently run production would have realized Herschel is going insane with his shotgun and reshot these scenes before the even wrapped filming that day. It's a minor detail but it tells a bigger picture. Quality doesn't matter to AMC or the jackoffs who replaced Darabont. They don't give a **** about the craft of making something for the screen - which is painfully evident in the woeful cinematography of the program. They only care about putting out a product that people will consume because it's the only show on television with zombies. They know it doesn't matter if all the elements of the medium are substandard because the average person is just excited to see zombies. These people watch in droves and AMC reaps the benefits as they can demand higher and higher payments from advertisers as the show sets countless cable viewership records.

Imagine if this show were on HBO, with a committed budget, Frank Darabont in charge and without commercial breaks. I wanna live in that world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Last edited by The Alex : 10-25-2012 at 01:46 AM.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forgot that when Shane took Rick far into the wood to kill him somehow they ended up right in front of the farm.
Also Shane gun goes off when Rick stabbed him, no zombies heard that shot but when Carl somehow put one in between zombie Shane eyes they all hear it.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about feeding the troll, Alex.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
god damnit Ness, I already used this!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Everything since the pilot has been very degrees of awful and mediocre. Here are some lowlights that stick out to me:

The Sophia Debacle
The group shows up at a farm where they take refuge from the apocalypse and begin searching for Sophia, a missing girl. Herschel, unbeknownst to the group, routinely rounds up wandering zombies and puts them in a barn. At no point does this guy consider the possibility that the little girl he just found and placed in the barn was the girl the group was looking for the entire time. There are maybe 500 people left in all of Georgia and this guy goes on about his day without even giving it a second thought.

It would have been a nice moment if they had given me any reason to care about Dale. One dimensional undeveloped characters plague this show worse than the zombies. Nobody passes the Plinkett Test. T-Dawg is the highest paid extra on all of television, he does and says absolutely nothing episode after episode. Think about all the people that were introduced on the farm. Do you know anything about any of them besides Maggie and Herschel? They don't have personalities, I think one of them is named Jimmy, one tried to kill herself and the other was married to Otis. What is the point of introducing a new set of characters if you're going to completely ignore them? With Herschel and Maggie, can you tell me anything about either person besides what they look like and their one dimensional role in the group?

Oh and back to Dale. His death makes absolutely no sense. A zombie takes down a cow, has a few nibbles and then just decides to hide instead of devouring it. Really? Furthermore, Dale saw the cow from like 20 meters away and the coast was clear. Then he comes up to it, and suddenly there's a zombie out of nowhere. From where Dale was standing he had a clear view of everything in the pasture. How the hell did he not notice a zombie when he approached the cow? Oh that's right, they had to think of the quickest way to kill him off because the actor had integrity and wanted off the show because of how AMC handled the Darabont situation.

Shane creates a diversion in order to lure Rick out into the forest and kill him to take back leadership of the group. To do this, he releases a captive that the group fears will come back with his friends and slaughter everyone. Rick, Shane, Glenn and Daryl go out into the woods looking for the captive while everyone else stays in the house. The group is on high alert, with everyone prepared for the worst case scenario if the captive returns. Carl manages to sneak past all of these attentive people in the house, track his dad through miles of forest, and shoot Shane right in the head with zero visibility in the middle of the night. Daryl had a hard time finding and following a trail in the dark and he's a trained hunter, Carl has no such experience. Likewise, Carl had never shot at anything besides cans and bottles before killing Shane. Despite this and the fact it was dark as all hell, he some how manages to aim over his Dad's shoulder and nail Shane right between the eyes. This kid is either a ninja or the writing sucks. I'm going with the later.

As the gang begins to search the prison for supplies, they enter a series of dark and confusing corridors. Shortly thereafter, they're surrounded by a vicious horde of relentless zombies. Herschel gets bit and they retreat to a room where they bar the door to stop the zombies from getting in. Rick amputates Herschel's leg and the group decides to head back to the main cell block to perform further treatment. T-Dawg opens the barred doors and kills one zombie. The other 50+ zombies that were swarming the corridors and double door mere minutes before? They've magically teleported to another location because the writers are so bad they can't even follow the very rules and scenario they just set up in the previous episode.

Infirmary?
As the group tends to Herschel, Rick negotiates with the prisoners about the living situation. At no point in Rick's conversations with the prisoners does he even utter the word "infirmary", let alone ask about it. Rick brought up the idea of the infirmary in the previous episode, it's clearly something he thought about it before. Yet, as his friend is bleeding to death, he doesn't even ask the inhabitants of the prison about it's location, nor does he ask if they have any medical supplies themselves. Why? Because the writers are so fixated on Carl finding the infirmary for himself that they ignore basic logic of other characters.

Artistic Integrity
As stated before, the pilot has been the only remarkable episode of this series. This was largely due to the direction of Frank Darabont, who also oversaw the production of the rest of the first season. While it was largely mediocre, it showed signs of enormous potential if given a full season and a larger budget. Both of which were promised for season two. Just as they begin filming the second season, Darabont gets in an argument with AMC about the quality of footage for the second episode and how he needs more time/money to complete the episode. Darabont wants to make sure the episode doesn't look subpar and also establish a level of quality he can continue for the rest of the season.What does AMC do? They decide they would rather save a few pennies than listen to the guy who came to them with the show in the first place. Personally, I would have listened to a multiple time Oscar nominee for screenwriting and direction, but I guess studio executives who have never shot a single frame of anything know better than any of us.

It's clear to me that letting Frank Darabont go was a tremendous blow to the show and AMC really only cares about saving as much money possible. They kept cost downs as much as they could over the course of the second season by spending enormous amounts of time in one location with a dragging storyline that featured scarce action and development. They spent the money they had saved over the course of the season on the finale and while it was an action romp, it was also horrendous constructed. Take a look at this one clip:

Any competently run production would have realized Herschel is going insane with his shotgun and reshot these scenes before the even wrapped filming that day. It's a minor detail but it tells a bigger picture. Quality doesn't matter to AMC or the jackoffs who replaced Darabont. They don't give a **** about the craft of making something for the screen - which is painfully evident in the woeful cinematography of the program. They only care about putting out a product that people will consume because it's the only show on television with zombies. They know it doesn't matter if all the elements of the medium are substandard because the average person is just excited to see zombies. These people watch in droves and AMC reaps the benefits as they can demand higher and higher payments from advertisers as the show sets countless cable viewership records.

Imagine if this show were on HBO, with a committed budget, Frank Darabont in charge and without commercial breaks. I wanna live in that world.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post

The Sophia Debacle

Infirmary?

Artistic Integrity

On Sophia. Yes, it was stupid that they took so long to find Sophia, especially since that story line is nowhere to be found in the comics. However, it was Otis, not Herschel, who rounded up the zombies and put them in the barn, so it is reasonable that Herschel didn't know.

On Dale. I have no idea what you are talking about. Dale was probably one of the most popular characters. I liked him because he was a great counter-point to Shane's character. Dale tried to maintain his humanity while Shane went full-savage. About his death, we have no idea what zombie took out the cow. At no time did it show the zombie who killed Dale killing the cow. Also, the zombie came from behind Dale, so maybe the zombie was closer to the barn, then saw Dale, and started walking up behind him.

On the farm characters. This show already had Lori, Shane, Rick, and Carl as main characters. Dale, Andrea, Carol, Glen, and Daryl as secondary characters. Then there is T-Dog. They added Herschel and Maggie. You want them to spend even more time developing Otis's wife or Jimmy who they knew were going to die. That just doesn't make senese.

On Carl. You're right **** that kid.

On disappreaing zombies. They mentioned this I believe in the next episode. Something about how when they go near the door, the zombies swarm so for a while, the prisoners just stayed away because when the moved away from the door, the zombies left. Kind of stupid, yes. But it was explained.

On the infirmary. If you are going to criticize the show, at least do it correctly. Glen clearly asked the prisoners if they had medical supplies. Did he say the word infirmary? No, but he did ask about medicine and whatnot.

On Dale with a shotgun. We have already discussed this. Good guys with guns is the most unrealstic aspect of every show or movie ever. Good guys never run out of ammo. Good guys have perfect aim and bad guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. It's stupid and unrealistic, but it happens in pretty much every action movie there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would totally rep the **** out of the Alex for that post had I not just realized I hate him this past weekend. Like he said tho, quality doesn't really matter on this show when the majority of you and the rest of culture eat it up because it has zombies, so why would they strive to put out any better than this crap? The writers are, without doubt the worst I have ever seen on a show and I watched all of Heroes (At least Heroes had at least one good whole season outside of the finale, and one AWESOME character in Sylar.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 10-25-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote