Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
COD hasn't had good multiplayer since the original.
Calling ******** on that. You just don't like shooters. Its the same game, so I don't know how its any different. Either we're shooting the guy with the flag, charges, dude at the domination point, or just a random enemy...its the same type of gameplay. The only argument that can be made is the two months or something where tanks were allowed in WaW.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Calling ******** on that. You just don't like shooters. Its the same game, so I don't know how its any different. Either we're shooting the guy with the flag, charges, dude at the domination point, or just a random enemy...its the same type of gameplay. The only argument that can be made is the two months or something where tanks were allowed in WaW.
Oh, please. Don't give me that don't like shooters nonsense. I played CS, Q3, TFC all in leagues online and lans around Oklahoma. CS I played much, much more. Went to Texas for lan tournaments. I didn't play the original COD competitively, but I did pug it. One of the simpliest pug systems I've seen, and it was on IRC. Similar to ESEA, but way earlier. I've played in OGL and Domain of Games before CAL was around. I played in CEVO after CAL died. I have logged sooo much time in shooters.

You say it's the same. I'll be the one who calls ******** on that. You probably have never even played the original COD. It was PC only, and way way different from any COD since Modern Warfare.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-25-2012 at 06:06 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the xbox thread

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-25-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the xbox thread

You said I didn't like shooters, and I was disputing that. I didn't know shooters were exclusive to the xbox.

COD was also being discussed, and I brought up the original. We can't talk about previous games of franchises on different systems?

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

It just bores the crap out of me when I have to read your resume. Either you can pull off twitchy headshots in COD or you can't. On xbox, the multiplayer has been the exact same. I've prestiged about 15 times the past 4 games(nowhere near Longhorns or MetSox) but I'm pretty sure that I can tell that its the same gameplay.

And yes, I played the original COD when I was in high school...back before 9/11 and before the advent of the iPhone, iCarly, and back when Tom Hanks still made movies every year. That was so long ago that it's pretty much irrelevant.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-25-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CoD sucks.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The COD games should really be for those that like online shooters. If you're buying it for the campaign, you're doing it wrong. While they put a lot of work into it and it ends up pretty awesome, the campaign itself isn't worth $60. I've played all of them extensively, and the MW series is easily my favorite. Haven't liked any of the work Treyarch has done, but i still may end up getting BO2, simply to play online with friends.

I don't know if it's because i usually don't buy any other games, but they have high re-play value for me due to the online factor.
I mean, I don't play it for the campaign because the campaign is like 4 hours long. I just think the multiplayer is the same as always. It's dry and lacks substance. I can only play it a couple days before I get bored.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, I don't play it for the campaign because the campaign is like 4 hours long. I just think the multiplayer is the same as always. It's dry and lacks substance. I can only play it a couple days before I get bored.
That's because you have no friends.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cod does have changes in multiplayer from game to game. Not good or completely reformed changes, it wasn't amazing to begin with.

Then again u like what u like. we get pissed when halo changes things in multiplayer. But it really feels the same, just gun changes and small things make it suck a bit.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's medal of honor look? I used to love it.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It just bores the crap out of me when I have to read your resume. Either you can pull off twitchy headshots in COD or you can't. On xbox, the multiplayer has been the exact same. I've prestiged about 15 times the past 4 games(nowhere near Longhorns or MetSox) but I'm pretty sure that I can tell that its the same gameplay.

And yes, I played the original COD when I was in high school...back before 9/11 and before the advent of the iPhone, iCarly, and back when Tom Hanks still made movies every year. That was so long ago that it's pretty much irrelevant.
Yeah well, it annoys me when someone else tells me what I don't like when it's not remotely true. Saying someone doesn't like shooters because they don't like COD is moronic. I'm glad you can tell after COD4 that the multiplayer is the same and all, but that's not what I was referring to at all.

COD is irrelevant to COD, good to know.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I very much enjoy COD and I buy it for the multiplayer. The single player is fun, but playing through it once on regular is more than enough for me. If you get upwards of 100+ hours and you are enjoying yourself, it is a great purchase.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
That's because you have no friends.
SHUT UP SARF! MY XBOX LIVE FRIENDS LIST IS FULL.

/cries
Old 10-26-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Eh, i still put them in once in a while but i see where you're going with this. But i guarantee you i put more playing time into those games that you do into any one game. I logged about 25 days played on mw1, another 30 on mw2 and in a year i have like 15 days played on mw3.

Granted, they're really the only games i play, but most people complained about the length of Mass Effect (which would translate to about 6 days played) when i can still turn on my xbox and enjoy playing these games online with my buddies.
Yeah see, I don't think I've put more than 5 days or so on any MW game. And I don't think I've ever played more than a level or two of the campaign, either.

Thinking back, Halo 3 has really been the only online shooter I've been able to sit down and play for more than an hour or two at a time.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, maybe it's just me then. But there's so much **** to do and so much strategy to take on while playing Hardcore Search & Destroy, that it's enough for me, but i play it pretty competitively. Been doing Game Battles since COD4, and it's pretty crazy how good some people are at certain game modes. That alone keeps me going back and playing.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Holy crap this is difficult.
Thats like the best part about it haha.

What class did you go with and what kind of build are you working towards? I was pretty much all melee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
SHUT UP SARF! MY XBOX LIVE FRIENDS LIST IS FULL.

/cries
My first memory of you is all of us playing GTA 4. We were running around and I just blurted out "Who the hell is this Forenci guy?" To which you retort what "Who the hell is this ImBrotherCain guy?"

The good old days...

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 10-26-2012 at 10:44 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
My first memory of you is all of us playing GTA 4. We were running around and I just blurted out "Who the hell is this Forenci guy?" To which your retort what "Who the hell is this ImBrotherCain guy?"

The good old days...
Haha, I remember this as well. I don't know if you were there for it, but I remember like 15 people running off the side of a cliff and all dying. I think it was Shane, me, CCB and perhaps you.

I thought it was hilarious.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watching the Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn vids on youtube?

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-26-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Thats like the best part about it haha.

What class did you go with and what kind of build are you working towards? I was pretty much all melee.
I believe I'm a knight. This dragon is spanking dat ass right now.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life View Post
I started to watch it but then decided to wait til all of them were out and them just watch them back to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What should I download for ME3 dammit!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
What should I download for ME3 dammit!
All the actual content but not any weapon unlocks.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life View Post
Yeah I'm caught up. Its been pretty solid for a small budget internet series. The last episode picked up significantly tho, the last episode better be awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
I believe I'm a knight. This dragon is spanking dat ass right now.
If you want as tip on the dragon hit my spoiler box, I'm assuming tis the red dragon near the beginning of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yeah I'm caught up. Its been pretty solid for a small budget internet series. The last episode picked up significantly tho, the last episode better be awesome.
The last one made me jizz a little haha

Its been pretty damn entertaining. Too bad there's only one more episode left but not sure the way this one is made would make for a full series lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: