Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm going to miss Dwayne Bowe. :/
I was thinking about this earlier...I wonder if pursuing Michael Vick would help them lure Bowe back?
Old 10-27-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I was thinking about this earlier...I wonder if pursuing Michael Vick would help them lure Bowe back?
Are Bowe and Vick tight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would the Lions cut Shaun Hill? $2.4 million + a $350,000 roster bonus isn't exactly a ton for an elite backup.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
KC puts off drafting a QB again to sign a 33 year old running QB. I'm going to write that one down as a lock.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get why they'd do this. Bowe isn't worth what he's about to be paid even if we have no one behind him and Vick is a piece of crap as a QB. Why not draft a QB of the future?

Hopefully Pioli and the coaching staff will be gone so the next GM won't make the same mistake this franchise has been making for three decades.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just thinking that if Pioli returns, he may be on a short leash which would prevent him from putting his hopes behind a rookie quarterback.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants are going to be in a very interesting situation on defense. Tuck, Canty, and Umenyiora are all regulars in the DL rotation, Michael Boley and Keith Rivers are their top two weakside linebackers, Chase Blackburn is starting in the middle, both starting safeties could be gone, and Webster/Terrell Thomas was projected as the starting duo. There could be a huge overhaul coming there. None of those players seem to be doing particularly well this year either, aside from Antrel Rolle. At those amounts, I can't imagine anyone being back except maybe Tuck.
Osi is as good as gone. I would prefer we let Tuck go and draft a DE, bc I'm almost positive that Tuck will not be worth the contract he receives, but we'll probably re-sign him or franchise him.

Canty is interesting. We have no depth at DT at all, and his figure is way too high to keep and he's not young either. But our DT core behind him and Joseph is nonexistent, and we might have to bite the bullet and keep him.

Chase won't be back. We'll probably lose 1 safety.

We've talked about it in the Giants team forum thread. This roster is due for an overhaul and we're going to see a very different Giants team very soon. We have depth in some places. I think our LB core will be fine when Herzlich and Jacquan Williams start next year. I think our DE rotation will be fine with JPP, Tuck who will probably be back, and Kiwi going back to full time DE. We also have 2 DEs who are developing who can provide some decent production.

DT is a concern. I think we'll be fine at safety. Will Hill was a nice find. CB should be fine.

Jerry Reese does a great job of building depth through the draft. The names will change, but I think we'll manage during this overhaul. I like some of our young talent on the bench right now.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings

RB Jerome Felton
WR Devin Aromashodu
WR Michael Jenkins ($825k + $2.425 roster bonus)
WR Jerome Simpson
OT Phil Loadholt
OT Geoff Schwartz
OG Charlie Johnson ($2.95 + $500k roster bonus)
C Joe Berger
DL Jared Allen ($14.28)
DL Kevin Williams ($7 + $500k roster bonus)
LB Jasper Brinkley
LB Erin Henderson
LB Marvin Mitchell
DB A.J. Jefferson (RFA)
DB Jamarca Sanford
DB Andrew Snendejo
DB Marcus Sherels (ERFA)
Out of this list I only see us resigning Phil Loadholt, Erin Henderson and Jasper Brinkley and maybe Jamarca Sanford. Kevin Williams contract is high for how his production has been but he's still a really good DT so I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings try to restructure it. Jared Allen's contract wont be touch. He's worth all 14.28 Million he gets.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see us give Jerome Simpson one more chance at staying healthy throughout the year. When he's played he's made a few downfield plays, which is more than we can say about any other receiver on the roster other than Harvin.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Tennessee Titans

RB Chris Johnson ($10)
RB Quinn Johnson
RB Darius Reynaud
RB Javon Ringer
TE Jared Cook
OG Leroy Harris
OG Steve Hutchinson ($4.75 + $500k roster bonus)
OG Deuce Lutui
OG Kevin Matthews (RFA)
C Eugene Amano ($3.685)
C Fernando Velasco
DL Dave Ball
DL Keyunta Dawson
DL Leger Douzable
DL Sen’Derrick Marks
LB Xavier Adibi
LB Zac Diles
LB Gerald McRath
LB Will Witherspoon
DB Ryan Mouton
DB Tracy Wilson
K Rob Bironas
I say keep CJ, Hutch, and Amano. Lets not add holes to the team. Extend Jared Cook and Darius Reynaud with nice contracts. They've earned them.

Re-sign McRath and Harris for cheap. Both would make great backups due to their versatility.

Tender Matthews for cheap.

Tag Bironas if an extension can't be reached. He and Cook are our most important FA's.

Dave Ball deserves to be re-signed, but due to his concussion history, he'll probably retire.

The only guy I'm iffy on is Sen'Derrick Marks. Perhaps if the contract is right.

The rest are more than expendable.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't get why they'd do this. Bowe isn't worth what he's about to be paid even if we have no one behind him and Vick is a piece of crap as a QB. Why not draft a QB of the future?

Hopefully Pioli and the coaching staff will be gone so the next GM won't make the same mistake this franchise has been making for three decades.
To piss you off?

Last edited by WCH : 10-27-2012 at 11:27 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Marshall is not a potential cap casualty. That's just silly.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

The worst starting lineup I could assemble for the highest amount of money (maximum of one player per team):

QB Kevin Kolb, Cardinals ($9m + $2m roster bonus)
RB DeAngelo Williams, Panthers ($4.75m)
WR Anquan Boldin, Ravens ($6m)
WR Nate Burleson, Lions ($4.5m)
WR Brad Smith, Bills ($2.75m + $500k roster bonus)
TE Zach Miller, Seahawks ($6.8m + $3m bonus + $200k workout, $4m guaranteed)
OT Doug Free, Cowboys ($7m)
OG Charlie Johnson, Vikings ($2.95m + $500k roster bonus)
C Eugene Amano, Titans ($3.685m)
OG Richie Incognito, Dolphins ($4m + $100k workout)
OT Wayne Hunter, Rams ($3.95m)

DE Ray Edwards, Falcons ($5.5m)
DT Chris Canty, Giants ($6.25m + $250k roster bonus)
NT Tommy Kelly, Raiders ($6.5m)
DE Will Smith, Saints ($9m + $1m roster bonus + $150k workout)
WB Chris Gocong, Browns ($4.45m + $100k workout)
MB D.J. Williams, Broncos ($6m)
SB Calvin Pace, Jets ($5.81m + $2.5m roster bonus)
LC Stanford Routt, Chiefs ($4.3m + $10m option)
FS DeAngelo Hall, Redskins ($7.5m)
SS Jason Allen, Bengals ($4.1m)
RC Ike Taylor, Steelers ($6m)

Total: $120.795m in base salaries, $20.3m in bonuses
Old 11-02-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Canty? Why Canty did you see him last game? He has been solid for us since he came and since he just came back he was a force for us.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Just added Nnamdi Asomugha to the list of potential cap cuts. Owed $4m in guaranteed money next year, total value of $15m ($11m savings if cut.)
Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm curious to see what happens with Chris Ivory. He's a starting RB if given a chance, I would like to see what type of production he can give a team. Then again, NO loves hording RB's that they don't use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:54 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm curious to see what happens with Chris Ivory. He's a starting RB if given a chance, I would like to see what type of production he can give a team. Then again, NO loves hording RB's that they don't use.
Thinking he would fit with the Jets... He's everything they want Green to be and is not
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made a post a few weeks back on Bengals possible FA and their cap hit this year. Here ya go.

Quote:
CB - Nate Clements - 5.5 Mil
S - Chris Crocker - 875k
C - Jeff Faine - 1.4 mil
DE - Robert Geathers - 6.23 mil
DT - Wallace Gilberry - 540k
QB - Bruce Gradkowsk - 2 mil
TE - Clark Harris - 1.26 mil
WR - Andrew Hawkins - 465k
P - Kevin Huber - 1.3 mil
DE - Michael Johnson - 1.62 mil
CB - Adam Jones - 950k