Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 10-28-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
After seeing this team thus far, I don't expect that. We need to fix the red zone issues. And I don't trust this defense at all. That needs to be fixed. One of these days, kicking FGs rather than scoring a TD will hurt us. I thought it would be today, but thank god the other team turns the ball over.
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JPP had a great game. Joseph too. Canty was a big difference as well.

But Stevie Brown. What a game. He's been lights out since he got the chance to start.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Stop being so spoiled.
I realize my posts today may come off as being a bit spoiled, and I'm aware of the fact that I probably am spoiled by this team. But I get greedy, it's just normal fan behaviour IMO. You always want more.

I get that Browns/Chiefs/Bills fans probably look at us and think "man they are whining a lot. They should be in our shoes". And they're probably right. But the fact is we're not. We have a great team, with awesome ownership,coaching(most of the time, compared to a lot of other teams)Quarterbacking and player talent. So we've come to expect great things of them.

I expect us to be in every game, and fight for the win against any opponent barring disastrous injuries. And the only barometer for how good/bad any result and game is viewed from us fans is pre-game expectations. And ours are high, and rightly so. We've seen that this team can be the best in football when things are clicking. So that's what we want to see every sunday. Is that a realistic wish? No, but that's the great thing about being a fan of sports teams. Realism should never get in the way of your hopes and dreams for the team.

Sorry for getting all philosopical on you guys, but I got caught in a writing rant here :p probably not even a cohesive and readable post, but it's 4 AM here in Norway.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
JPP had a great game. Joseph too. Canty was a big difference as well.

But Stevie Brown. What a game. He's been lights out since he got the chance to start.
Yeah, he's been awesome. He always finds the ball, probably a bit of it has to do with the fact that people are less scared of throwing at him then they are of throwing deep if Kenny Philips is back there. But he has definetly proved himself as a good player these last few games.

I think the Raiders drafted him BTW, and after he was cut he bounced around a few different places before signing here? Not sure though, but the important thing is that he is a Giant now, and playing well!

Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NYG just likes to worry. I don't expect to repeat because that doesn't happen anymore, but we're one of the best teams in the NFL, despite our issues. Eli's a beast and as long as he's got Cruz and Nicks to throw to our offense can beat anybody, n the defensive talent is there to step up when they have to as they did tonight.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
We've seen that this team can be the best in football when things are clicking. So that's what we want to see every sunday.
No team plays great every week, that's not just not realistic but stupid to hope for. There's a limited number of games were everything's going to click, so I'd rather the team scrape by as much as they can, so that those games were everything does click come down the stretch when the games matter more. We just don't need those great performances yet, we'll need them at the end of the season and in the playoffs. So for now I'm perfectly happy to be just barely winning as long as we're winning.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my main problem is that we don't have a running game to kill clock, have long drives and sustain 23-0 leads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
my main problem is that we don't have a running game to kill clock, have long drives and sustain 23-0 leads.
I explained that in the main board thread. You can't be clutch in a blowout, so of course we weren't going to maintain the 23-0 lead. It's just foolish to expect Eli and Coughlin to let that happen unless it's a huge game like the 9ers game was, but we already got one of those this year.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
No team plays great every week, that's not just not realistic but stupid to hope for. There's a limited number of games were everything's going to click, so I'd rather the team scrape by as much as they can, so that those games were everything does click come down the stretch when the games matter more. We just don't need those great performances yet, we'll need them at the end of the season and in the playoffs. So for now I'm perfectly happy to be just barely winning as long as we're winning.
I know it's not realistic to hope for, I wrote that in my original post. But you are always allowed to have high and unrealistic hopes, IMO. Having high and unrealistic expectations on the other hand, is not wise, and leads to disappointment.

Quote:
And ours are high, and rightly so. We've seen that this team can be the best in football when things are clicking. So that's what we want to see every sunday. Is that a realistic wish? No, but that's the great thing about being a fan of sports teams. Realism should never get in the way of your hopes and dreams for the team.
But whatever, I'm just happy to be a Giant fan in what will probably be standing as the golden age of Giant football when we look back at it 20 years from now. I feel so lucky that I discovered this beautiful sport, and also that the Giants ended up as my favorite team

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

It's not just unrealistic though. I only root for us to play great games when we have to, like the 9ers game, like the playoff run. Otherwise I root for us to just get the W. That's why I think it's so silly when I come to this thread and see NYG being all negative n you joining him in griping about non-issues.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
It's not just unrealistic though. I only root for us to play great games when we have to, like the 9ers game, like the playoff run. Otherwise I root for us to just get the W. That's why I think it's so silly when I come to this thread and see NYG being all negative n you joining him in griping about non-issues.
You get me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You get me.
It's like they think "...because giants things" is a joke or something...anyways...Do we all see the loss at home to Pittsburgh coming before we road warrior it up in cincy?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I see a Pitt beating and then a road loss in Cincy.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not sure. We're obviously going 1-1 these next two weeks regardless of which one we win. But coming off this big win in dallas, at home, with a 2 game division lead and the steelers being a game back of the Ravens in their division, all just seems to add up to a Stillers win.

Then we can take it out on the Bengals before going into our bye to get ready for the [Fudge]Packers.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's absolutely this.

I mean, we SHOULD beat cincy because they're just not that good sadly because I like them. Pitt is so hit or miss. I'm really excited/intrigued for it.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playing against AJ Green will be interesting. I'm not sure who will be able to contain him. He's far too studly. Hopefully we can just rattle Dalton and cause him to turn the ball over.

Overall this was a good game. Sure it was nerve racking, but there's no reason to be really negative. A win is a win. I will always believe that. Now do we do work on a few things? Of course. You would be silly not to want to continue to improve every week, but I don't care if it's an ugly win or not.

JPP is far too awesome. Watching him throwTryon Smith like a rag doll was hilarious.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

I think we go 0-2 over the next games. We could win one of them, or even both, but our November collapse will commence as usual. A loss to the steelers at home, before wetting the bed against the Bengals. And then we play close with, but lose to the Packers at home. We will be set up perfectly for our normal end of the season surge at 6-5 going into december.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a game. I ******* hate my team. I know it's gotta suck to almost blow a huge lead, but just take pride in the fact that you guys seemingly always win close games. It seems like every game we are in that is close we lose and lose in the most dramatic fashion that makes you bash your TV in.

Stevie Brown was all over the place. You guys should go far this playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

you know what I've noticed? Every QB who's been inconsistent early in their career is going to be compared to Eli. It's hilarious.

And LL, don't be to down, your defense is downright scary. I'm praying you guys don't make a run because I wouldn't want to face your D in the playoffs
Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Eli's been outright bad the last few games and we're still winning. I can't wait for him to step it back up again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-29-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Hey guys,be careful in the hurricane! I heard it's going to hit New York pretty hard? It was all over the news in my country. Be safe!

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey guys,be careful in the hurricane! I heard it's going to hit New York pretty hard? It was all over the news in my country. Be safe!
I'm expecting my town to get flooded bad, the shore is probably going to get ruined...

Regarding the game, it was all too predictable that we let them back in. I just don't get it when it comes to us versus the Cowboys. We always leave someone wide open, Romo really isn't even that accurate so I don't know why we insist on playing such soft zone, I like that we stopped the run (but I am not sure thats saying much against dallas without murray), and we need Kenny and Rolle back asap. Our safeties are our strength in the secondary, and without either of them we are very suceptible to the long pass (Coe just completely misjudged an easy pick).

On offense, we knew we'd have some problems, and Scandrick got away with a lot whereas Hosley got called for similar things. We need to take Nicks off the field if he isn't healthy, it makes no sense. They are not respecting him, why not work in Randle who made a phenomenal catch on a 10 yard out and read the ball well on that long pass to start the game. Nicks is hurting us by being on the field injured. Why can't we run David Wilson normally for god's sake? what is it with these specially designed plays and tosses?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Are you guys okay after the storm? And your houses/other posessions? Damn, it looks like the storm wrecked much of New Jersey and New York from the images on Norwegian TV!

Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you guys okay after the storm? And your houses/other posessions? Damn, it looks like the storm wrecked much of New Jersey and New York from the images on Norwegian TV!
Other than being stuck in NY my family and I are all fine. I was supposed to leave on Sunday but four cancelled flights later I am set to return to VA on Friday.

Extended vacation haha but damn have I fallen behind in school.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Other than being stuck in NY my family and I are all fine. I was supposed to leave on Sunday but four cancelled flights later I am set to return to VA on Friday.

Extended vacation haha but damn have I fallen behind in school.
Good to hear. I need you guys to be okay, or else I will be left all alone on these forums with fans of lame teams I don't care about :(

Quote: