Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Trade deadline moved

The new trade deadline is 4pm EST on Thursday. It was moved because of the storm. Hooray. More time for the Chiefs to trade Bowe!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are the Packers going to trade for a RB? It's not really the MO of Thompson but Steven Jackson or Deangelo Williams are massive upgrades for a team who can win the SB, and wouldn't cost more then a mid round pick. Neither guy is a longterm fix, but if you go into the playoffs with Alex Green and James Starks your not going anywhere unless Rodgers is playing out of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been a Steven Jackson fan since he came into the league and I would love to see him in green and yellow. I just don't know if he would be worth anything above a 5th and I don't know how much better he would make this offense.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the way the Seahawks do business, I would be shocked if they aren't working on something right now.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
With the way the Seahawks do business, I would be shocked if they aren't working on something right now.
Flynn?........

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't surprise me actually.

But more likely that they are looking to add a WR.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I have been a Steven Jackson fan since he came into the league and I would love to see him in green and yellow. I just don't know if he would be worth anything above a 5th and I don't know how much better he would make this offense.
I'm not sure either. We all love Steven Jackson but at this point he's a 29 year-old back with over 2600 career touches who's averaging 3.7 yards per carry. Investing in Jackson long-term would be like buying a 2004 BMW with 125,000 miles on it.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me actually.

But more likely that they are looking to add a WR.
I'd take a look at Bowe for Flynn, straight up.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Prediction: Blount to the Packers for a 6th-round pick. Rodgers loves him.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're not the first person I have heard this from. Posters on a Bucs board I frequent have been predicting something akin to this for several days.

I would not be happy with that trade, because that would make DJ Ware the primary back if Doug Martin should get hurt.

Also, why would the Packers, a team that runs a pass heavy offense, be interested in a running back who has been confined to the bench in passing situations for his entire career?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blount in Green Bay would be the worst fit possible in the world. For everything they love to do predominantly he's completely useless, and the things he does do Kuhn does just fine in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Investing in Jackson long-term would be like buying a 2004 BMW with 125,000 miles on it.
Again it's all cost related. It sounds like a crap deal if the car is worth 30k but if it was worth 5k all of a sudden it seems like it's worth it. I don't know what is the cheapest they would give up Jackson for, but they suck and he's not really doing anything out of the ordinary for him this year and is likely gone next year.

If you can start up talks revolving around a 4th or 5th, why not? Considering GB is a legit SB contender with a glaring hole it might be worth that risk. At least he can catch the ball really well and I don't think we've ever seen him on an offense this explosive. It might do his ypc some good.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 10-29-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I'm not sure either. We all love Steven Jackson but at this point he's a 29 year-old back with over 2600 career touches who's averaging 3.7 yards per carry. Investing in Jackson long-term would be like buying a 2004 BMW with 125,000 miles on it.
That's actually not that bad mileage specially since BMWs are virtually bulletproof engine and transmission wise. Just saying :P

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They need to stop getting big, slow dudes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Benson really doing anything in the time he was there? Obviously both aren't the same player, but I don't see them either as a running threat.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you think a team that is extremely pass happy will trade for a guy who sucks as a receiver and pass blocker? As a Bears fan, I sure hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If GB just needs someone to pass protect and catch swing passes let them take Felix Jones. Please?

As long as ball security isn't required it'll be perfect.

No backsies.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
They need to stop getting big, slow dudes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Benson really doing anything in the time he was there? Obviously both aren't the same player, but I don't see them either as a running threat.
Yes we do in fact have enough big, slow dudes. Benson actually showed glimpses of hope that we could in fact run the ball. He was able to break some 6-15 yard runs. Now we are lucky to break 2-4 yards ever. He wasnt out of this world by any means but I sure do miss him more then I thought we would. Teams seemed to respect him as a runner, now not so much and we still cant run.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Seattle's receiving corps doesn't need another receiver who drops two passes for every catch that makes the highlight reel.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So you think a team that is extremely pass happy will trade for a guy who sucks as a receiver and pass blocker? As a Bears fan, I sure hope so!
They do not want to be as pass-happy as they are. They are pass happy in part because they don't have any good RBs.

Benson had a reputation as a subpar passing game back and that didn't stop them from adding him.

There would be nothing wrong with using Blount as a 40/60 timeshare back with Green and Kuhn.

He plays on running downs only and either gets the ball or PA. Still will add a dimension to their offense they don't currently have.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He plays on running downs only and either gets the ball or PA. Still will add a dimension to their offense they don't currently have.
Here's the problem... That's pretty much how the Bucs use him and the offense becomes absurdly predictable when he's on the field.

If Blount is in the game, it's almost 100% guaranteed that the Bucs will run the ball on that play. This is part of the reason why he has struggled this year and last.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
They do not want to be as pass-happy as they are. They are pass happy in part because they don't have any good RBs.

Benson had a reputation as a subpar passing game back and that didn't stop them from adding him.

There would be nothing wrong with using Blount as a 40/60 timeshare back with Green and Kuhn.

Except Benson didn't cost a draft pick. And he wouldn't add any dimensions to their offense they don't have, I'm not even sure how you believe that one.

Quote:
Old 10-29-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Except Benson didn't cost a draft pick. And he wouldn't add any dimensions to their offense they don't have, I'm not even sure how you believe that one.
Yes he absolutely would. He's a much better pure runner than Alex Green.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best move for the Packers is trading some later round picks for Steven Jackson. He fits their offense much better than anyone else, and I feel he some sill left in the tank. Fisher's offense and that offensive line isn't doing him any favors.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want Ingram? The locker room can use a new washing machine in new orleans.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Anyone want Ingram? The locker room can use a new washing machine in new orleans.
Money ball... " I don't want my guys paying for soda "
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
That would be god awful Village. Just awful. Why would we want a guy that can't beat out Russel Wilson of all people? And to give up a #1 receiver for him? No thank you. Not in a million years.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote