Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Post-Week 8 Mock

Re-simmed the second half of the season since so many teams' value has changed quite a bit in the past few weeks (the Ravens, in particular).

1 JAC - Geno Smith - QB - West Virginia
2 CLE - Bjoern Werner - DE - Florida State
3 KC - Matt Barkley - QB - USC
4 CAR - Johnathan Hankins - DT - Ohio State
5 TEN - Star Lotuleilei - DT - Utah
6 OAK - Tyler Wilson - QB - Arkansas
7 NYJ (trade with CIN) - Jarvis Jones - OLB - Georgia
8 TB - Barkevious Mingo - DE - LSU
9 STL - Luke Joeckel - LT - Texas A&M
10 ARI - Taylor Lewan - LT - Michigan
11 MIN - Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama
12 SD - John Jenkins - NT - Georgia
13 CIN (trade with NYJ) - Sam Montgomery - DE - LSU
14 IND - Damontre Moore - OLB - Texas A&M
15 NO - Johnathan Banks - CB - Mississippi State
16 BUF - Keenan Allen - WR - California
17 STL (from WAS) - Eric Reid - FS - LSU
18 PHI - Alex Okafor - DE - Texas
19 DAL - Chance Warmack - OG - Alabama
20 DET - Xavier Rhodes - DB - Florida State
21 MIA - Justin Hunter - WR - Tennessee
22 BAL - Manti Te'o - ILB - Notre Dame
23 SEA - Robert Woods - WR - USC
24 NYG - Barrett Jones - OL - Alabama
25 PIT - LeVeon Bell - RB - Michigan State
26 DEN - Jesse Williams - DT - Alabama
27 SF - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee
28 ATL - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame
29 CHI - Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan
30 NE - Dion Jordan - DE - Oregon
31 HOU - C.J. Mosley - ILB - Alabama
32 GB - Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama

Let me know what you think! For the most part I tried to have teams select BPA with needs drafting for special circumstances such as needing a QB, and keeping in mind the team's scheme and how the player would fit in there, or having lots of money tied up in the position or youth at the position, etc. As you should know, teams don't always draft their biggest need, so please refrain from saying 'i dunno i think the bengals need a safety more' or whatever, try to keep it to 'i dont think that guy is a scheme fit because of this and this' etc.

ps- i am a jets fan and therefore the only trade i have is them trading up to get jarvis jones, the current management loves to trade up when they can get a guy theyre in love with and if jones is sitting there at 7 theyd definitely pull the trigger, personally im hoping for that as we need an explosive rusher like jones
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be shocked if the Chiefs aren't picking 1st overall, but I'll take Barkley at 3.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ty Wilson at 6 is OK with me.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be really, really surprised if BB takes Jordan in the first. He's a great athlete, but when I watch him I don't think he looks like a NFL LDE which is what we need. In this scenario I'd take Jonathan Cooper, who to me is a top 20 player even if he's "just" a guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right position for sure. I'd prefer Jake Mathews or Dallas Thomas. Bears FO would like Thomas's versatility to play guard and tackle.
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 View Post
Right position for sure. I'd prefer Jake Mathews or Dallas Thomas. Bears FO would like Thomas's versatility to play guard and tackle.
Not sure if Matthews or Thomas will make good LTs in the NFL. Everything I'm hearing about this CMU guy Fisher is more promising and if anyones stock is going to rise by draft time its him.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I would be shocked if the Chiefs aren't picking 1st overall, but I'll take Barkley at 3.
I feel the same way about the Jaguars. Worst team in the league and its not even close. Only reason they have a shot at not having the worst record in the NFL is because they are in the worst division in the NFL.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'd be really, really surprised if BB takes Jordan in the first. He's a great athlete, but when I watch him I don't think he looks like a NFL LDE which is what we need. In this scenario I'd take Jonathan Cooper, who to me is a top 20 player even if he's "just" a guard.
Yeah, that was a strange one for me, it's always hard to mock Patriots picks anyway. I just don't like mocking guards in the first round. Tried to stick to just Warmack and Jones, and Jones at least has the versatility to play C and T as well. It's pretty rare when 3 or more interior linemen get drafted that early, there's usually about 2 a year.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk why the Bengals would trade down. They more then likely would stay put and take Jarvis Jones. They love Georgia Bulldogs and Marvin Lewis loves LB/DE Hybrids. The Bengals also rarely trade. Mike Brown will only trade if the team is willing to give up more then what it is worth.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaahahahahahahahaahahaha
Pass up the best OLB in the draft (a huge position of need for us none the less) and trade the pick?

Uh. How about no.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we draft a QB early with all the holes we have, Palmer has been the least of our problems. I'd think we go Jones or Mingo there.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I doubt we draft a QB early with all the holes we have, Palmer has been the least of our problems. I'd think we go Jones or Mingo there.
I wish you'd stop saying that because it's clearly not true. Palmer is a problem

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
jared3
Rookie

jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give the Colts "Chance" to help out "Luck"

And I doubt Manti Te'o falls that far in the first round.
jared3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o would be amazing for the Ravens. They need to get rid of Pees too but he would be a step in the right direction for the defense. That side of the ball looked like **** even before Lewis and Webb went down.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life View Post
I wish you'd stop saying that because it's clearly not true. Palmer is a problem
Not for me!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-29-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
RCSooner
Rookie

RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCSooner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o should go higher.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Hahaahahahahahahahaahahaha
Pass up the best OLB in the draft (a huge position of need for us none the less) and trade the pick?

Uh. How about no.
He isn't a 4-3 OLB you know that right? Don't see how he fits on the Bengals. If you know something about their defensive scheme that I don't I would love to hear it, but laughing and saying that a guy who would play DE for you and calling him an OLB only shows your ignorance.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Manti Te'o is going to have to have one hell of a combine like Kuechly did to get drafted higher than around 20. Think he's only slightly better than Hightower at this point and he went 26th. Kuechly is a rare beast and Te'o is not even close to him which is what you need to be drafted in the first half of the 1st round as an ILB.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
He isn't a 4-3 OLB you know that right? Don't see how he fits on the Bengals. If you know something about their defensive scheme that I don't I would love to hear it, but laughing and saying that a guy who would play DE for you and calling him an OLB only shows your ignorance.
Yes he is. He is talented enough. David Pollack wasn't a 4-3 LB.
Michael Johnson isn't. Dontay Moch isn't.
Marvin likes 4-3 SLB who can line up with their hand down and rush also.
Part of why we were interested in Wimbley and kept Lawson.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Idk why the Bengals would trade down. They more then likely would stay put and take Jarvis Jones. They love Georgia Bulldogs and Marvin Lewis loves LB/DE Hybrids. The Bengals also rarely trade. Mike Brown will only trade if the team is willing to give up more then what it is worth.
Carlos Dunlap is 6'6 280 lbs and Michael Johnson is 6'7 266 lbs. While Jarvis Jones is 6'2 and currently around 245, assuming he packs on a little weight he'll be about 250-255 at the combine. And I don't see him playing LB in a 4-3 scheme, and if he did his value wouldn't be worth a top 10 pick as 4-3 OLBs are worth about as much as OGs are. And before anyone says Von Miller, let's be serious here Von Miller is a DE in Denver essentially.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Von Miller, let's be serious here Von Miller is a DE in Denver essentially.
Miller has lined up in Coverage quiet a bit this year. I did not know DE line up in Coverage that often.

Jarvis Jones is in a mold similar to Von Miller.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
JagWired32
Rookie

JagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJagWired32 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Not sure what makes you think we take Geno Smith atm. Gabbert has looked good the last 2 weeks. If he plays like this or similar to this for the rest of the year, hello Jarvis Jones!

BK on the sig
JagWired32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Miller has lined up in Coverage quiet a bit this year. I did not know DE line up in Coverage that often.

Jarvis Jones is in a mold similar to Von Miller.
So do 3-4 OLBs on non-passing situations, that doesn't make them 4-3 LBs.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagWired32 View Post
Not sure what makes you think we take Geno Smith atm. Gabbert has looked good the last 2 weeks. If he plays like this or similar to this for the rest of the year, hello Jarvis Jones!
Doubt we'll see the #1 pick not be a QB ever again, if Jags decide to stick with Gabbert they'll just trade the pick.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OLB is a need but I think they'd take Warmack, best guard prospect in a long time and it's a huge need. Most pressure this season has been from the interior.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote