Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to put movies.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking about getting an S3.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I'm thinking about getting an S3.
Me too. Then we can tap our phones and share stuff!! :D

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad. I'm probably going to get an iPhone 5 and I feel like a terrible person for it. BBD is only reinforcing this.

The S3 is just too monstrous for me. I've got big hands but for some reason I just don't like massive phones. If the specs didn't blow on the S3 mini I'd have gotten it no questions asked. And if the new Nexus wasn't a ****** LG I would have gotten that too.

It's just upsetting because I want to stick with Android.

I plan on getting a Nexus 7 though so that will give me some solid Android love.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have like 13 GB of music on my phone. Plus I like to have a couple movies and some tv shows I want to watch. I just got a new 64gb micro sd so I now have plenty of space for me.

The cloud idea sounds fine but I don't want to have to stream all my music or movies when I want to use them. And what would I do in areas with poor/no reception like an airplane? In addition the extra battery consumption isn't for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm stuck on Sprint. I pay for the unlimited everything family plan and have my mom and brother on it to go with my wife and myself.
So I'm hoping an LTE CDMA version becomes available some time soon. Hopefully as soon as Q1 2013.
I'm rocking the Nexus S right now and while JB is nice, I can only imagine what it could be like on a high end phone.
(I do have an N7 so I kind of know. A phone is a different experience since I use them for different things)

I don't keep much on my phones except a couple music albums and the pictures I take with the phone.
For additional music, I turn on 3G or WiFi and Press "save on device" then go offline again.
Why not use that option when you need it?

Last edited by Nalej : 10-29-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I got Sprint too. Everything supposed to be up and running properly some time next month.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if its true 4G, then you guys will be the first to have the real 4G in the US. ITU-R doesn't recognize, 4G as a significant improvement from 3G. so now they are rolling out with LTE-A/WiMAX 2, real 4G, so speeds of up to 1 Gbit/S, standing, and moving speeds of 100 Mbit/S.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I feel bad. I'm probably going to get an iPhone 5 and I feel like a terrible person for it. BBD is only reinforcing this.

The S3 is just too monstrous for me. I've got big hands but for some reason I just don't like massive phones. If the specs didn't blow on the S3 mini I'd have gotten it no questions asked. And if the new Nexus wasn't a ****** LG I would have gotten that too.

It's just upsetting because I want to stick with Android.

I plan on getting a Nexus 7 though so that will give me some solid Android love.
Get the Galaxy Nexus... I don't get going to the dark side because the S3 is too big and you dislike LG.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Get the Galaxy Nexus... I don't get going to the dark side because the S3 is too big and you dislike LG.
If the prices on ebay come down I may still go with the GNex but there's no way I'm paying $350 for it now.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wait, they're selling these for $350? i might have to go back to my x for a bit, that'd be a $250 profit for using the device for a year...
Checking prices this morning and it looks like they've already dropped a little. And I'm referring to "New (other)" where someone bought it and opened the package but never used it. For actual "used" I'm sure it's less.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
mine looks new, i might even know where the box is.
Well then sell that **** and make some mad dollarz yo.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Compared to the Galaxy Nexus, the iPhone 5 is vastly superior in terms of processor speed. That's the bottom line for me. The iPhone 5 is faster than just about every phone out right now. If there's one thing I care about, its speed.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Compared to the Galaxy Nexus, the iPhone 5 is vastly superior in terms of processor speed. That's the bottom line for me. The iPhone 5 is faster than just about every phone out right now. If there's one thing I care about, its speed.
You are also going to pay out the ass for the Iphone 5... If it really bothers you just wait a bit longer. Find a crappy temporary phone to take over for your X and wait till the next gen gets announced and go that route.

The thing is I am a huge huge music buff... Google music is a godsend most days. Allowing me to upload all of my music to the cloud and listen to it on my phone, tablet or any computer. The obvious downfall is that I need an internet connection and my drive from Pittsburgh to back home I lose a 4g on numerous occasions.

I have considered and iPhone on and off for about 2 years now but it doesn't make sense to me. Long story short make a pros and cons list and really go through it. If I recall correctly you had an iPhone before and disliked it. Once you spend $300 you are stuck with that for the next two years so make sure that you are in fact making a wise decision not a snap one based on "speed"
Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
You are also going to pay out the ass for the Iphone 5... If it really bothers you just wait a bit longer. Find a crappy temporary phone to take over for your X and wait till the next gen gets announced and go that route.

The thing is I am a huge huge music buff... Google music is a godsend most days. Allowing me to upload all of my music to the cloud and listen to it on my phone, tablet or any computer. The obvious downfall is that I need an internet connection and my drive from Pittsburgh to back home I lose a 4g on numerous occasions.

I have considered and iPhone on and off for about 2 years now but it doesn't make sense to me. Long story short make a pros and cons list and really go through it. If I recall correctly you had an iPhone before and disliked it. Once you spend $300 you are stuck with that for the next two years so make sure that you are in fact making a wise decision not a snap one based on "speed"
Nope, I've never had an iPhone. And the iPhone 5 is only $200, which is exactly as much as I paid for my Droid X.

Meh, I just want a new phone that isn't awful. If they weren't stupid and didn't go with LG for the Nexus that'd be my new phone.

I am not pleased about it, but I do plan on getting a Nexus 7 so that will likely appease my Android fix to some extent.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Other than LG making the phone what is wrong with the Nexus 4?
Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I don't get is, what's the point of trying to maintain loyalty to one platform over the other? Who cares? Android fanboys are just as bad as Apple fanboys. If the iPhone is better, get an iPhone. If an android is better for you, get an android. The belief that you have to stay loyal to one vs the other makes no sense to me.

If come 2 years from now there is an android phone that I like better than the latest iPhone, guess what? I'm getting it. I got an iPhone bc quite frankly it's the best phone on the market right now. It's better than the s3. At least for me and what I look for in a phone.

Platform loyalty is stupid.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What I don't get is, what's the point of trying to maintain loyalty to one platform over the other? Who cares? Android fanboys are just as bad as Apple fanboys. If the iPhone is better, get an iPhone. If an android is better for you, get an android. The belief that you have to stay loyal to one vs the other makes no sense to me.

If come 2 years from now there is an android phone that I like better than the latest iPhone, guess what? I'm getting it. I got an iPhone bc quite frankly it's the best phone on the market right now. It's better than the s3. At least for me and what I look for in a phone.

I am by no means a "Android Fan Boy". I like the platform better. I have played with my fathers iphone and my girlfriends ipod touch. I don't like it. As crazy as it might sound I find it clunky.

There are other reasons why I didn't get an iphone.
  • I don't want to be tied down. Android is so much more open, I can get apps off the internet and not only through the store.
  • I don't want to lose my unlimited data by switching to a new phone among others I can't think of as I am typing this rant.
Like I said earlier I was seriously considering an iphone but all in all I can't pull the trigger especially now that they changed the docking port.

Also I don't think I could ever own a Apple product because Apple Fan Boys are literally... LITERALLY the worst people in the world. I would rather be stuck with the cast of Jersey Shore in a house I can't leave for 12 months and deal with Apple Fan Boys.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am by no means a "Android Fan Boy". I like the platform better. I have played with my fathers iphone and my girlfriends ipod touch. I don't like it. As crazy as it might sound I find it clunky.

There are other reasons why I didn't get an iphone.
  • I don't want to be tied down. Android is so much more open, I can get apps off the internet and not only through the store.
  • I don't want to lose my unlimited data by switching to a new phone among others I can't think of as I am typing this rant.
Like I said earlier I was seriously considering an iphone but all in all I can't pull the trigger especially now that they changed the docking port.

Also I don't think I could ever own a Apple product because Apple Fan Boys are literally... LITERALLY the worst people in the world. I would rather be stuck with the cast of Jersey Shore in a house I can't leave for 12 months and deal with Apple Fan Boys.
I'm not calling anyone in particular a fanboy. But I don't get the back and forth, all trolling aside.

And just jail break your iPhone. It's just as customizable. That's one of the bigger myths of the iPhone. I've seen jail broken iPhones that have a ton of customization from software downloaded outside the store. It really is all about preference.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
that's an outright falsehood. the platform, in their current iterations, can make a drastic difference in your usage of the device. i cannot and will not return to apple's "you only need to do what we say you should do" mindset in both the phone's design and iOS itself. they're useless to me, based on my usage patterns. i have complete platform loyalty because only one platform is currently not built like a playpen with concrete walls. brand 'loyalty' works in the same sense. there's a vast difference between the two platforms, and if you're not actually aware of it, it's probably better that you continue to use an iPhone, as it's really built for that user-type, moreso than anything android.

but this "just get the device you want, regardless of platform" is completely non-sequitur.
Quiet you.

*taps your nose*
Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jesus ************* christ. Can we keep this the "Android Discussion Thread" and not the "Android vs IPhone" debate thread.

If you luv ur iphonez, great, go talk about it in the IPhone discussion thread. Make a separate thread for the Android vs IPhone debate.

Posted from my Galaxy Nexus!

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:

Haha, I won't lie. Part of it is superficial and I loathe true Apple fan boys. Not to mention I've never been a big Apple supporter. They make high quality phones, there is no denying that. However, I think it's silly how they (and others) label them as creative innovators. Horse ****. They recycle the same phone almost ever year, just making it thinner and lighter and people flip their **** and rush out to buy them. The iPhone 5 was the first REAL modification to the product in quite some time. Even that wasn't overwhelming.

I know you're just trolling/joking for the most part BBD, but there a lot of people who have that attitude and are die hard loyalists to Apple and it pisses me off.

I also do prefer to customization of the Android platform. Another reason for brand loyalty is apps. If you've bought a ton of apps on Android or Apple, why would you want to move to a new platform and have to rebuy many of those apps?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your last point is my biggest reason for sticking with Android. I still love everything that I can do with my Galaxy Nexus, but i've probably spent close to $50 in the android market. I can't imagine losing all those apps.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

think imma buy my buddy's S2. He's a cell wiz kid and has it all decked out. Says I should save my upgrade for next year. Think I shall listen to him.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Your last point is my biggest reason for sticking with Android. I still love everything that I can do with my Galaxy Nexus, but i've probably spent close to $50 in the android market. I can't imagine losing all those apps.
Why would you buy 50 bucks worth of apps? Especially when 99% of the apps worth a damn are free?