Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
More importantly, who will be the new HC of the Carolina Panthers?
Mike McCoy would be at the top of my list. McCoy served as an assistant with the Panthers from 2000-2008 and has done an outstanding job as Denver's offensive coordinator. The Broncos' offense has been effective with all three of their starting quarterbacks under McCoy: Kyle Orton, Tim Tebow, and Peyton Manning. McCoy's ability to build an entirely new offense around Tebow's skillset in midseason speaks to his flexibility, while his willingness to let Peyton Manning tailor the offense to his specifications speaks to McCoy's ability to delegate responsibilities. McCoy is one of the most creative coordinators in the league and could help Cam Newton develop into an elite quarterback.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
We'll come back to this later, but I think the Cowboys success and perception would mean more to Jerry Jones.

The name that I could see for either team if they want to make a splash and try a big change is Chip Kelly. Almost took a job last year, and the money could be right for either team to give him a chance.
Being an Oregon fan I hate this, however I think the Eagles running the Blur would be awesome.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We'll come back to this later, but I think the Cowboys success and perception would mean more to Jerry Jones.

The name that I could see for either team if they want to make a splash and try a big change is Chip Kelly. Almost took a job last year, and the money could be right for either team to give him a chance.
I don't think Chip Kelly's offense is a great fit in the NFL. If I'm looking at the college scene, I still think Bob Stoops would be a great Cowboys HC.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Shanahan is a good fit with RGIII, but if Kyle was offered a head coaching gig for the 2013 season, I think he walks. Luv ya dad.

Romo is frustrating but if you can't upgrade the position by replacing him, you can't get rid of him.
Gruden is usually a very good HC with a proven vet at QB. I think he could get Romo to play more conservatively late in games and eliminate some of those riverboat gambler throws he makes when all he needs to do is check down or throw the ball away.
Jason Garrett just isn't a HC in my mind. Nothing personal but I don't see it with him. Decent OC, not the guy who should be in charge of the whole show.

Andy Reid will be the Bolts next HC and win a SB.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Kyle Shanahan is a good fit with RGIII, but if Kyle was offered a head coaching gig for the 2013 season, I think he walks. Luv ya dad.

Romo is frustrating but if you can't upgrade the position by replacing him, you can't get rid of him.
Gruden is usually a very good HC with a proven vet at QB. I think he could get Romo to play more conservatively late in games and eliminate some of those riverboat gambler throws he makes when all he needs to do is check down or throw the ball away.
Jason Garrett just isn't a HC in my mind. Nothing personal but I don't see it with him. Decent OC, not the guy who should be in charge of the whole show.

Andy Reid will be the Bolts next HC and win a SB.
Reid in San Diego would actually be a pretty lethal combination.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best job for Andy Reid is in Cleveland. Joe Banner is the new CEO there, and Mike Holmgren has spent the past few seasons building a team in line with Reid's own philosophy.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Chip Kelly, Perry Fewell, Kyle Shanahan, and Ray Horton are all names I expect to get looks before Gruden.
Yes. Perry Fewell is the man for the job. For the love of God Dallas, please hire him. I'll drive him there myself.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Greg Knapp gets some consideration.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yes. Perry Fewell is the man for the job. For the love of God Dallas, please hire him. I'll drive him there myself.
I can't even explain how amazing it would be if Dallas signed Fewell.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see fewell going to philly over the Boys
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones should demote Jason Garrett back to OC as he's one of those guys who's better as an OC/DC than a HC. Keep Ryan as DC and go all out for Bill Cowher. Next, Jones should shut the **** up and stay out of the way. I dont care how much talent the Cowboys have, they will never win a SB until they get a displined HC like Cowher and Jones stays in the shadows where he belongs.

My friend who's a Cowboys fan is hoping for Gruden but I think that Cowher would be the best fit for DAL. He agrees that Garrett is better as an OC and that Jones should just stay away. After losing yesterday, he also wants the team to tank the season and go after Matt Barkley. He's tired of Romo and doesnt want him to be re-signed because he thinks that the Cowboys just wont win with him at QB. I agree with that but dont see DAL having a top five draft pick to be in position to get Barkley. Sad part is that I think the Cowboys are stuck with Romo and Garrett for a few more years.

As for the Eagles, Gruden would be the perfect fit as he and Mornhinweg both run the WCO so the transition would be minimal on offense but he would have to hire an established 4-3 DC.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Breed
Veteran

Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breed is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Mariucci because he gets the most coochie
Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He does like both, success and perception. But he is tight with Old man Garrett who worked in scouting for him. 3 of his sons, if I am not mistaken are there. Jason, John, and Judd, with Judd working in scouting if I remember correctly. I don't see Jones making a move yet. He really likes that family is tight with them. I'd be extremely surprised if he fired Jason at the end of the year.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He does like both, success and perception. But he is tight with Old man Garrett who worked in scouting for him. 3 of his sons, if I am not mistaken are there. Jason, John, and Judd, with Judd working in scouting if I remember correctly. I don't see Jones making a move yet. He really likes that family is tight with them. I'd be extremely surprised if he fired Jason at the end of the year.
He likes winning, and ticket sales more. 8-8 may not be enough for a change, but 6-10 might. Who knows. But I don't think JG has a vice grip lock on his job due to family ties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Next, Jones should shut the **** up and stay out of the way. .

Would be nice, but this will never, ever happen again. Maybe one day when Stephen Jones takes over things will look differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He likes winning, and ticket sales more. 8-8 may not be enough for a change, but 6-10 might. Who knows. But I don't think JG has a vice grip lock on his job due to family ties.

Would be nice, but this will never, ever happen again. Maybe one day when Stephen Jones takes over things will look differently.

I do. I don't think it's because of his red hair. It has to do with his family ties, and this was what the old man was hoping for. This is why he stayed in Dallas and didn't go to the Ravens. I was at old man Garrett's house and we were talking about everything after I was done with my interview.

I believe his family relations paved the way for 3 of the sons to get with Dallas. Jason and then John and Judd. As for Ticket Sales and such, sure jerrah wants to win. But all I am saying is he will bend over backwards for this family before he has no choice to fire the guy. And that's due to family relations.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard some interesting local discussion here in Dallas today on the Ticket. They were talking about Jerruh being the problem. Some of you outside of Dallas might not be aware that he does not emply a GM. He does the GM work.

They said that most GMs get 2 coaching hires in their run, then they get fired.

Jerruh is on like 8, 9. They said he -the GM- should have been fired long ago.
In the last 15-years, they are 1 game under .500 & have one lone playoff win to show for it, over Donovan McNabb's Eagles in his last year in Philly.

I don't know how it worked for Dallas in the early 90's (well, I guess it's because they were loaded, it was before free agency really took place, and they had a great coach), but it just seems like as long as the old man is pulling puppet strings, like Dead Al was in Oaktown, they really are swimming upstream.

And FYI, while Romo has had plenty of gaffes, there isn't a better QB available.
They can win with him. I think they'd be better off trading Dez. Addition by subtraction.

Dallas' best coach going forward, IMO, would be Bob Stoops, who has crushed the Longhorns back-to-back years.... he owns Texas currently.

Red Jesus' clock management, play management, seems learned at a community college, not an Ivy League school.

I don't see Gruden coming back anytime soon..... he's having a great time and they just went to the 2-man booth on MNF getting rid of Jaws.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote