Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I think the moral of the story is that college sack totals are kind of meaningless. Sometimes a decent pass rusher will just dominate a terrible OL. Sometimes a player won't get the opportunities in college that he did in the pros. Sometimes a player is asked to play in a scheme that doesn't fit his talents very well which hurts production, and sometimes a player lands in a situation that is perfect for him.

I mean, for example:

In 2008 (their final college seasons)
Everette Brown - 13 sacks.
Clay Matthews - 4 sacks.

Since being drafted
Everette Brown - 6 sacks.
Clay Matthews - 38.5 sacks.

So I don't think just looking at cumulative college numbers is indicative of anything. Watch individual matchups of good pass rusher vs. good OT if you want to learn anything, just don't credit a guy overmuch because he got 4 sacks in a game against a FCS opponent lined up across from a guy who will be selling insurance next year.
I agree with this, but let's not lump him in with a bunch of guys who didn't do **** after college just because he has been prodcutive. Would he be a better prospect if he had less sacks? I understand that college success doesn't translate to NFL success but just because he is racking up numbers in college doesn't mean he is going to be Dan Bazuin in the NFL.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote