Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
NFLN is trying so hard to hype up this Thursday night game and failing. The Chargers will destroy the Chiefs and it won't be entertaining for anyone, including Charger fans.
I am so going to lord it over you when the Chiefs get on a hot streak and win just enough games to miss out on drafting a talented QB.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not relevant to week 9 but i Just watched the replay of JPP raping Tyron Smith and all I have to say is wow. I don't think I've ever seen someone destroy an NFL offensive lineman like that ever.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I am so going to lord it over you when the Chiefs get on a hot streak and win just enough games to miss out on drafting a talented QB.
Well I was planning to do that anyway. Or maybe they'll trade Dwayne Bowe for Kirk Cousins and pass on all the QBs in typical Chiefs fashion.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Well I was planning to do that anyway. Or maybe they'll trade Dwayne Bowe for Kirk Cousins and pass on all the QBs in typical Chiefs fashion.
That sounds like something they would do. Then they could use their Top-5 pick on a 5-technique to compliment Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.

Last edited by WCH : 10-31-2012 at 07:08 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am so going to lord it over you for lack of faith in your team when the Chiefs make a game of it over the lackluster Chargers.
We shall see good sir. We shall see.

Quote:
We'll have a top 10 pick almost guaranteed at this point. That should be good enough to get Geno, Barkley, or Tyler Wilson. And top 10 is being generous. This team is HISTORICALLY bad. No offense has been this inept in NFL HISTORY. I'm not worried.

Quote:
Quote:
That sounds like something they would do. Then they could use their Top-5 pick on a 5-technique to compliment Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.
You guys are both jerkbags. I hate you both! I HATE YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in a surprise twist of fate, the Chiefs will trade for Graham Harrell

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
in a surprise twist of fate, the Chiefs will trade for Graham Harrell
For Brady Quinn? Because anything else is grossly overpaying
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmfao graham harrel....seriously??

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay I've had one of my trademark changes of heart. I've spent so much time thinking of how awful this game will be that I'm now looking forward to watching it for the comedy value. Maybe Norv gets fired at halftime.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i was just about to talk **** about trading for a guy in the afl, then i realized he actually is on an nfl roster. nice work, green bay.
His one NFL snap so far was a fumble.

This is the guy Green Bay decided could keep them afloat should something happen to Aaron Rodgers. He is one snap away during any given game from putting Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert to shame as the most hilariously bad QB of all time.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thursday Night Football - Battle of terrible offenses and avg defense. Ending score 12-9 KC.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-his-siblings/

Tyron Smith has a seriously ****** up family.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't wish Tyron's situation on anyone. Very sad.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
This is not relevant to week 9 but i Just watched the replay of JPP raping Tyron Smith and all I have to say is wow. I don't think I've ever seen someone destroy an NFL offensive lineman like that ever.
Not sure if it's relevant but the Cowboys could have taken JJ Watt instead of Smith. I always thought Tyron Smith was a little overrated going back to his SC days but it was definitely a need pick. Watt in Dallas would have made that defensive line pretty insane.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NFLN is trying so hard to hype up this Thursday night game and failing. The Chargers will destroy the Chiefs and it won't be entertaining for anyone, including Charger fans.
I disagree. I think you meant to say the chiefs will whip out their dicks and absolutely shove them up the Chargers ass. KC 49 Chargers 7 book it.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Not sure if it's relevant but the Cowboys could have taken JJ Watt instead of Smith. I always thought Tyron Smith was a little overrated going back to his SC days but it was definitely a need pick. Watt in Dallas would have made that defensive line pretty insane.
I too would have taken Watt and was glad they didn't, but for what it's worth, Smith has been a great LT for them, is only 21, and will only get better.

He was a great pick up. Watt looks like he has HOF caliber potential, Smith looks like he has PB caliber potential. I can't fault a team for picking up a PB caliber player. (For the record I understand this paragraph was way over the top and probably jumping to conclusions)

And JPP has done that to a couple of OLmen in his time. His functional strength is ridiculous. Someone that long and lean shouldn't be that strong. His punch and bullrush is just scary.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, did you get power back?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I disagree. I think you meant to say the chiefs will whip out their dicks and absolutely shove them up the Chargers ass. KC 49 Chargers 7 book it.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...line-for-norv/

If that happens, Norv will no longer be the coach.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get how beating the Chiefs is an accomplishment this year. So if Norv loses to the worst team in the league he's gone, but if he beats the worst team in the league he's safe?

He should be fired either way. The Chiefs should have nothing to do with it.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But will firing Turner save the team's season? I don't think it's just his decision-making as head coach this season that has screwed the Chargers. I think it's built up over a while. San Diego also has personnel issues. Rivers for instance hasn't been the same in a year and a half with his decision making. Too bad Meachem didn't make that catch against the Browns.

Might as well roll with Turner the rest of the season. There is still a lot of football left to be played. I wouldn't say the division is already locked up for the Broncos. It's possible the Chargers make it close down the line.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't get how beating the Chiefs is an accomplishment this year. So if Norv loses to the worst team in the league he's gone, but if he beats the worst team in the league he's safe?

He should be fired either way. The Chiefs should have nothing to do with it.
I would have fired him after the Broncos game collapse. There was a moment in that game where you could feel the fortunes of both teams change. The Broncos launched themselves on a path likely leading to at least a deep playoff run, while the Chargers, who had a winning record at the time, just had the life sucked out of them.

Maybe a change in coach right there would have sparked something in the team. Doubtful, but they certainly aren't going anywhere under Norv.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have fired him the day he was hired. That was such a terrible hire. They were pissed that Marty couldn't win a playoff game so they hired a guy who couldn't even get to the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-and-personal/

Quote:
“During the game there was a good section of fans chanting some of the most vile things I’ve ever heard,” Babin said
Philly fans - What can be done?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I would have fired him the day he was hired. That was such a terrible hire. They were pissed that Marty couldn't win a playoff game so they hired a guy who couldn't even get to the playoffs.
I wouldn't have fired Schottenheimer simply because the team went 14-2. That being said, they did get farther in the playoffs under Norv Turner than they ever did with Schottenheimer. And Norv did make it to the playoffs before as head coach of the Redskins. 1999 I think.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
That is unsettling. I will say that it happens with all fanbases though. In all sports. Practically. There are lot of bad apples in the bay area too. I was at the Giants parade yesterday and one of my friends got her ass grabbed by some asshole fans and laughed at her when she verbally retaliated. Whenever you get a bunch of sports fans together, that many, there is bound to be a bunch of annoying goons. Kind of why I'm not too keen on going to live games sometimes.

Quote: