Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The one team that surpringly no one is talking about is the Brooklyn Nets. Watching NBAtv and ESPN panelists I hear them talking up the Pacers and Sixers as teams who might pose any threat in the East... and the Bulls when Rose returns... but I think the Nets can do some damage and aren't getting the attention they deserve yet.
The Nets might be the worst defensive team in the league. Absolutely deplorable. They are not made for the playoffs.

Also, Belli has been terrible. He is okay at a lot of things and elite at nothing. Korver being an elite shooter and movement off the ball makes him a much better role player.

On Rose, Adrian Peterson has blinded me from all logic and I think he will be ready to go in January no problem. Still wish the Bulls would have Luol get surgery on his wrist, and let boozer get a bunch of stats for a possible trade. If he continued to sucks amnesty him get a lottery pick and come in with Rose, Lottery Pick, Luol, Taj, Noah all healthy and ready to go.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 11-01-2012 at 03:19 PM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nets are gonna be poop in the playoffs. Not much defense at all. Depth is so damn shaky. We can win a series depending who we face, but I don't expect much. Although we could make noise in the playoffs depending on matchups, we'd get swept and run out of the building by the Heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, i just like to enjoy watching basketball right now. Playoff predictions shouldn't be happening till after the ASB, teams change so much throughout the course of a season. Teams like the Nets need time to mesh together. I suspect a very different team later in the season compared to the one you have now.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Honestly, i just like to enjoy watching basketball right now. Playoff predictions shouldn't be happening till after the ASB, teams change so much throughout the course of a season. Teams like the Nets need time to mesh together. I suspect a very different team later in the season compared to the one you have now.
I agree 100 bajillion percent. I can't wait to see them play. Hell, I listened to this HORRENDOUS philly announcer on the radio last night I needed my basketball fix so bad. Glad I have tv now and I can't wait to see the nets play. Sucks it's not tonight, but it was the right call moving the game
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The Nets might be the worst defensive team in the league. Absolutely deplorable. They are not made for the playoffs.

Also, Belli has been terrible. He is okay at a lot of things and elite at nothing. Korver being an elite shooter and movement off the ball makes him a much better role player.

On Rose, Adrian Peterson has blinded me from all logic and I think he will be ready to go in January no problem. Still wish the Bulls would have Luol get surgery on his wrist, and let boozer get a bunch of stats for a possible trade. If he continued to sucks amnesty him get a lottery pick and come in with Rose, Lottery Pick, Luol, Taj, Noah all healthy and ready to go.
I dunno, you seem to be exaggerating more than just a bit. In the East, they should be fine defensively. SF is the one position you really need to defend because of Lebron and the Nets best defender plays SF...in Gerald Wallace.

Not saying they are a lockdown defending team, but they pose their own match up problems on offense as well.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
nets are gonna be poop in the playoffs. Not much defense at all. Depth is so damn shaky. We can win a series depending who we face, but I don't expect much. Although we could make noise in the playoffs depending on matchups, we'd get swept and run out of the building by the Heat.
The Knicks will beat the Nets in the first round.

4-1.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

4-1.
The Knicks will have to get past the Magic first.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

4-1.
I'm in too good a mood to feed the troll, bbd. Maybe later, but not now.

And while I love Wallace, D, Lebron in the paint would eat our lunches. Unless Blatche becomes useful but that's almost as big of a stretch as Amar'e being useful or healthy

/zing
Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks just gotta make it to the playoffs as healthy and gelled as possible. Don't care when it ends as long as we can put a good run in reflective of the talent on this team.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dunno, you seem to be exaggerating more than just a bit. In the East, they should be fine defensively. SF is the one position you really need to defend because of Lebron and the Nets best defender plays SF...in Gerald Wallace.

Not saying they are a lockdown defending team, but they pose their own match up problems on offense as well.
They have no one to defend the rim. Any team will be able to get there at will. Lopez needs a defensive front court mate for the Nets to be okay defensively. I could see a lot of their games being 120-115 type contests.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
They have no one to defend the rim. Any team will be able to get there at will. Lopez needs a defensive front court mate for the Nets to be okay defensively. I could see a lot of their games being 120-115 type contests.
I agree that would help, but no reason to leave them out of the discussion about the best teams in the East.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
You guys are forgetting they were a game from elimination against the Pacers and the Celtics.

Them destroying the Thunder clouded your memory.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to know if Byron Mullens is the real deal this season...
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does Bosh go out of his way to make it look like hes actually cared about in Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Why does Bosh go out of his way to make it look like hes actually cared about in Miami?
Because nobody cares about him... and he knows it. LOL.

He's become one the biggest losers in the NBA. He went from being a stud in Toronto who everyone thought highly of to a chump starving for attention in Miami. Yeah... he got a ring... but honestly... who cares about that? Everyone gives credit to Wade and Lebron for that. His ring equals the value of Eddy Curry's ring. LOL.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I need to know if Byron Mullens is the real deal this season...
He is horribad, there ya go.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Because nobody cares about him... and he knows it. LOL.

He's become one the biggest losers in the NBA. He went from being a stud in Toronto who everyone thought highly of to a chump starving for attention in Miami. Yeah... he got a ring... but honestly... who cares about that? Everyone gives credit to Wade and Lebron for that. His ring equals the value of Eddy Curry's ring. LOL.
This. I don't think he ever imagined just how outshined he'd be in Miami. Wade already owned that city, then Lebron came in and took it by storm. Then Bosh comes trotting behind everyone expecting a big entrance when everyone is already paying attention to the other two guys. **** that guy.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo.. the Heat are going to beat or match the 72-10 record. The Thunder got worse, the Lakers need time, and the East is the East.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Soo.. the Heat are going to beat or match the 72-10 record. The Thunder got worse, the Lakers need time, and the East is the East.
I read someones column on the idea of breaking the record a few years ago and they made some very valid points. They talked about and I agree, that it is going to have to be a midwest team. Teams like the Lakers and the Heat and the big time powers that are on the coast will struggle with the travel and back to backs. Teams in the midwest (the Bulls) have the advantage when it comes to the traveling.

While they most certainly have the talent and I would not be surprised one bit if they broke it...it will wear down on them a little bit.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like the guy but Chris Bosh is a really good player, and saying his ring means as much as Eddy Curry's is probably the dumbest thing that's ever been said in this thread.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Celts/Heat series was 3-2 before Bosh came back and they destroyed the Celts in games 6 and 7. But hey, he's clearly useless and not a very good player at all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Celts/Heat series was 3-2 before Bosh came back and they destroyed the Celts in games 6 and 7. But hey, he's clearly useless and not a very good player at all.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't like the guy but Chris Bosh is a really good player, and saying his ring means as much as Eddy Curry's is probably the dumbest thing that's ever been said in this thread.
#Knicks (10 Char)
Old 11-01-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Oh he's useful and hes definitely very good, but the reporters and Heat fans could give 2 shits about him. He goes out of his way to try and make himself seem relevant compared to Lebron and Wade when it comes to the media and what not.

Quote:
Old 11-01-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh he's useful and hes definitely very good, but the reporters and Heat fans could give 2 shits about him. He goes out of his way to try and make himself seem relevant compared to Lebron and Wade when it comes to the media and what not.
Which is part of the reason why I don't like him very much. It's when people use that to discount him as a player that makes no sense.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote