Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Warren Sap broke ?

Not sure if any one cares but some how another NFL star is broke.But yet he has a job at NFL Network. I just saw the head line on the Orlando Fl news. Google if you need too. Also a bunch of his stuff and or house is being Auctioned off too.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is months old news. This was a story about 6 months ago.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well my bad, I just now saw it on tv.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't trying to be a jerk, just saying that it isn't new.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah i remember this being news months ago. someone posted an article about how much jordans this fool had

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm also broke.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm also broke.
i am also on that ship

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

I think if the normal of us people had all them millions we wouldn't go broke in like 20 years or at least I wouldn't be broke that fast. All I would need is a like a 6 bed room house or plus 10 arches of land a truck to tow stuff and a few toys and I'd be happy camper . Rest of the money goes into the bank or kids college fun later on . Dam spendy money happy people are once they get it.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I think if the normal of us people had all them millions we wouldn't go broke in like 20 years or at least I wouldn't be broke that fast. All I would need is a like a 6 bed room house or plus 10 arches of land a truck to tow stuff and a few toys and I'd be happy camper . Rest of the money goes into the bank or kids college fun later on . Dam spendy money happy people are once they get it.
Hard to say. It's easy to believe when you're on one side of the fence. There are tons of people that are terrible with their money. It doesn't matter if you are rich or a part of the middle class. I'm sure there are a bunch of people with your line of thinking, that acquired a fortune, and also went broke/lost it all.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Hard to say. It's easy to believe when you're on one side of the fence. There are tons of people that are terrible with their money. It doesn't matter if you are rich or a part of the middle class. I'm sure there are a bunch of people with your line of thinking, that acquired a fortune, and also went broke/lost it all.
yes its true, you never know what youre gonna do in a situation until youre in it. People always say what they would if they had money, but once you get that $$$, it can change you. I know Ive had times where I was broke and down on my luck and Id say to myself when I get things turned around Im gonna be smarter with my money...and then guess what things do get turned around and I get caught up in the highs and use my $ stupidly.

hard to believe with Sapp though considering he had such a long career in the NFL and is also has a job as a commentator.

But in general with these athletes, a lot of them are just kids when they get handed millions of dollars and have no idea how to handle it.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You would have to spend at least a couple million for grammar/spelling lessons.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesnt Sapp have gambling problems?...That would do that to ya.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me or are the guys who end up broke the ones that usually come from the football factories.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Is it me or are the guys who end up broke the ones that usually come from the football factories.
I don't think so. Like I said, a lot of people rich and poor lose their money. People like Sapp are simply documented to the national media because folks actually know who he is/was.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Doesnt Sapp have gambling problems?...That would do that to ya.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...-athletes-list

Quote:
There were 240 pairs of sneakers, give or take an Air Jordan XVII.
Quote:
It’s gotta be the shoes, not to mention the women, the children, the de Grisogono watch, the lion skin rug and having the investment acumen of Warren Buffet’s ukulele.
Quote:
A 2009 Sports Illustrated study found that 78 percent of former NFL players go bankrupt or are under financial stress within two years of retirement. Fifty percent of NBA players are broke five years after leaving the league.

Quote:
Sapp had two kids with his ex-wife, Jamiko. He had four other children with four different women.

So in the end it comes down to your life style. His caught up to him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Six children by 5 different baby mommas.
That's were Sapp's money went.

More than a few pro athletes go broke by trying to turn $5 mil into $50 mil with totally sketchy investments that usually belly up.

Advice to soon to be pro athletes; put three quarters of your after taxes income in the BANK, put a third of that cash in an index/mutual fund and chill out.

Stop thinking you're gonna be the next Bill Gates, and if you do get involved in a business venture, don't you be THE principle investor who's putting up all the money for a start up.

Magic Johnson should really write a financial how-to book for pro jocks. Since he retired in the early 90s, his net worth is between $500-750 mil, and the majority of his wealth was earned outside of basketball.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to think that if I were rich I would die before the age of 35 from literally drowning in a sea of ***** to avoid paying child support for all of the illegitimate children I would have fathered like all of these football players do.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Six children by 5 different baby mommas.
That's were Sapp's money went.

More than a few pro athletes go broke by trying to turn $5 mil into $50 mil with totally sketchy investments that usually belly up.

Advice to soon to be pro athletes; put three quarters of your after taxes income in the BANK, put a third of that cash in an index/mutual fund and chill out.

Stop thinking you're gonna be the next Bill Gates, and if you do get involved in a business venture, don't you be THE principle investor who's putting up all the money for a start up.

Magic Johnson should really write a financial how-to book for pro jocks. Since he retired in the early 90s, his net worth is between $500-750 mil, and the majority of his wealth was earned outside of basketball.
It's not like it is that hard to get some sound financial advice concerning stocks and what not either. Athletes are just morons the vast majority of the time.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i guess you could say he's completely sapped. Of money.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's not like it is that hard to get some sound financial advice concerning stocks and what not either. Athletes are just morons the vast majority of the time.
Yeah, they should seek advice from some saavy stock guys. Hey, what's that Bernie Madoff guy doing right now?

Point is, these guys get ripped off from all angles in their lives. Financial Darwinism takes over at some point.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, they should seek advice from some saavy stock guys. Hey, what's that Bernie Madoff guy doing right now?

Point is, these guys get ripped off from all angles in their lives. Financial Darwinism takes over at some point.
Vernon Davis has a goddamn charity to keep art in urban schools. One would assume that they availability of sound financial help is readily available.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Most professional athletes forsake a proper education in order to become professional athletes and as a result they make a lot of really stupid decisions once they have money.

There is nothing complex about why it happens so often. Just like most people on this forum (which as internet forums go is a highly educated forum) will not declare bankruptcy in their lifetimes.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Most professional athletes forsake a proper education in order to become professional athletes and as a result they make a lot of really stupid decisions once they have money.
Right, but a lot of these athletes have suffered from socioeconomic problems. A lot of players grow up in certain areas all their young life that forsake a proper education and teach material wealth as the only way to succeed in life. I'm not saying anyone should feel bad for these people, but I am saying that it's not always clear, cut, and dry as to why it happens to a lot these athletes. Someone that didn't grow up in the streets and was encouraged to take their education seriously at a young age probably has a better chance of not going broke, because they're better prepared in terms of being financially literate once they hit the big show so to speak.

Quote:

You mean the rich guys in suits are trying to get richer? Whaaaaaatttt.....

Quote: